Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muse View Post
    And you've not even gotten me started on punters yet, oh no
    yah that could be a really heated topic too. I wonder how the #2 receiver and Mike LB discussions will go.

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
      hmm thats funny because with nalen we led the NFL in rushing till he went down, and henry got hurt. nalen must have been doing something right. and actually hamilton is elite talent at guard and has been for awhile for us.
      Really we were good with Nalen....Well then I am back to asking how many rushing TD's did we have with Nalen last year? How were we in the red zone? Yeah we were good between the 20's we were all year, but in the red zone our oline tanked. Nalen will be an improvement, but he isnt a savior....Hamiliton is an elite level player....Ok well then which years did he make the pro bowl? Elite Guards are Huch and fanicka....Which one is he better than? I am not sure that he is in the top 20... I will give you that he is a nice fit for us when we run the ball. But the problem is that we pass the ball 55% of the time, and at pass blocking he is in the bottom half of guards in the NFL
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Blue Man View Post
        sure seems to be a lot heat in a thread about a Kicker. This thread may last longer than some kicker's NFL careers.
        no, not just a kicker. a potential RB as well....right ebsoria?
        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by bronco1263 View Post
          Fair enough, it's your opinion so you can pee all over the team before it takes the field if you like.

I don't dispute your kicking comment and I'm nervous about the guy too, based on past performance. My point is: The only thing he can do is practice hard and practice well because there aren't any games for a while yet. How to you propose that he prove he can kick in a game when there are no games to kick in, yet? I'm not trying to be a smartass, just trying to point out that your criticism can't be answered so why assume he'll suck?

The same thing with the Oline play. Let's give them a chance to play. Especially with the offensive line, if they play together as a unit even with only "good" talent, the results will be there. Nalen was hurt in week 7 and it's his experience and ability to direct the Oline, along with an attitude, that I think the line needs with his return.

I'd rather be pissed after Prater tanks his kicks than to be pissed off now before the season even begins.
          Fair enough....but if you put a bow on a turd it is still a turd. He can practice till he is blue in the face.... But if he doesn't have the talent and the skill, he is always going to suck. But my point with him is why are we settling for him. Hell I would rather have Vanderjack. At least he has made a few FG's in the NFL. Why not sign Him or another proven kicker out there and not waste our time on Parker (who I think we all agree isnt going to make the team)?
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
            Fair enough....but if you put a bow on a turd it is still a turd. He can practice till he is blue in the face.... But if he doesn't have the talent and the skill, he is always going to suck. But my point with him is why are we settling for him. Hell I would rather have Vanderjack. At least he has made a few FG's in the NFL. Why not sign Him or another proven kicker out there and not waste our time on Parker (who I think we all agree isnt going to make the team)?
            if everyone has that mentality then theres no such thing as rookies. that means we'd have to assemble a team based composed from other team's washed up veterans because they've "proven" something in the nfl.
            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
              if everyone has that mentality then theres no such thing as rookies. that means we'd have to assemble a team based composed from other team's washed up veterans because they've "proven" something in the nfl.
              Yeah but the kicker is as important for us as our QB. We cant move the ball in the red zone. If we miss FG's we are going to lose a lot of games

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                Really we were good with Nalen....Well then I am back to asking how many rushing TD's did we have with Nalen last year? How were we in the red zone? Yeah we were good between the 20's we were all year, but in the red zone our oline tanked. Nalen will be an improvement, but he isnt a savior....Hamiliton is an elite level player....Ok well then which years did he make the pro bowl? Elite Guards are Huch and fanicka....Which one is he better than? I am not sure that he is in the top 20... I will give you that he is a nice fit for us when we run the ball. But the problem is that we pass the ball 55% of the time, and at pass blocking he is in the bottom half of guards in the NFL

negative buddy, i will give u that fanicka and hutchinson are elite but hamilton is a great player. he should have been to at least 4 probowls, but was snubbed. he is not in the bottom half in pass blocking as his sacks allowed total is very minute, so obviously you dont know what you are talking about with him, and would just like to continue your oh we suck campaign....

Comment

Whoever said Art Carmody knows what they are talking about.

He would smoke Prater in accuracy.

If you want truly "special" teams, get a booming kick off man and an accurate FG kicker.

Trying to do it with a half assed kick off man and a half assed field goal kicker (ie trying to get by with 1 guy doing both jobs) is "begging" for trouble.
                  Last edited by Superchop7; 07-24-2008, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X