What does this mean for Hall?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hamburgler View Post
    Just watch Hall and Aldridge play. Aldridge looks MUCH faster.
    Who cares? There is speed, and then there is game speed.

Terrell Davis will tell you he's slow, but he had blazing game speed.

I think Hall makes the team. He has PROVEN in at least two games that he can come in and carry the load if someone goes down. He'll be a good guy to plug in when Young is tired.. maybe he'll bust some long runs.

As for Aldridge... Practice squad scrub, or a cut.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
      umm you do know hall is a 4.3 guy right
      not that it makes a lot of difference but he is a 4.45 guy
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
        umm how can you not see any rook FA getting cut, i mean lets be realistic here

alridge unless he makes an enormous impact on ST will NOT make the team

not to mention the fact that one has already been cut
        I wouldn't count Alridge out yet, he is small but than again so are barry sanders and warrick Dunn. They did ok in the league. Sapp, Young, Hall, and Alridge were all undrafted rookies I wouldn't be surprised to see alridge beat out one of them. My money is on sapp to be cut due to Hillis and Pittman able to play FB as well. Then it's a toss up between hall and Alridge. Hall is bigger, Alridge is quicker..both return kicks. They will battle it out in TC for the final RB spot.
        sigpic

Comment

Problem with Hall, Young, and Aldridge.....They are basically the same player. They really all have the same skillsets. All are small, have a little speed (Ald has a bit more), none are receiving threats (Ald is agian the best, and none of them can stay healthy. So there is no way that we keep all three. I definatly think that Hillis, and Torian are wild cards. I think if they preform it makes Pitman expendable. This is what I hope happens. I dont think that Pittman will be anygood for us, and why pay him for nothing when we can get a young guy for less money. I really think that Pittman was brought in to teach Torian, and he will be in the last cuts
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Hamburgler View Post
            well, last year, hall didnt run like a 4.3 guy, even on his lonnnnnnnnnnnnng run against Tennessee.

ohh yaa you mean that run where no one was around him for like 30 yards?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoballa2684 View Post
              ohh yaa you mean that run where no one was around him for like 30 yards?
              Yeah, first of all, There were 8 Men in the Box for Tennessee. Then Andre Hall breaks a Reynaldo Hill tackle. Michael Griffen then decides to fall on his butt while trying to back pedal, and Brandon Stokely gets a great solid block on Cortland Finnegan.

So yeah, oh and He was just about 5 yards in front of Griffen even after Griffen fell down.
              sigpic

Comment

Aldridge is being converted to a WR. He will spend the year on the Practice Squad. He has no bearing on the RB battle.

1. Young obviously makes the team as the de facto starter.
                2. Micheal Pittman makes the team as the 3rd down back.
                3. Andre Hall makes the team as an experienced backup.
                4. Ryan Torain, if healthy, makes the team for potential.

Hall or Torain will not dress on most Sundays, whichever is less impressive.

At FB, both Sapp and Hillis are locks now.

The reality is that our RB and FB roster is set. The order of the players still has to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                  Aldridge is being converted to a WR. He will spend the year on the Practice Squad. He has no bearing on the RB battle.

The reality is that our RB and FB roster is set. The order of the players still has to be determined.
                  i pretty much agree here
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

i concur as well, bells luck ran out which means hall is his replacement, i think alrdige wont have any bearing on the WR or rb situation but he will be on the active roster for returns. i highly doubt we will use royal at both punt and kick returns unless he is the next devin hester. i would imagine alridge or jack williams will have some chances at kick returns along with hall.

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                      i concur as well, bells luck ran out which means hall is his replacement, i think alrdige wont have any bearing on the WR or rb situation but he will be on the active roster for returns. i highly doubt we will use royal at both punt and kick returns unless he is the next devin hester. i would imagine alridge or jack williams will have some chances at kick returns along with hall.

Keep in mind that Andre Hall was very solid as a KR last season with a 25 yard average or so. That's very good. Devin Hester only averaged 22 yards. Cleveland's Josh Cribbs, far and away the best KR in the NFL last year, averaged 30 yards.

I don't really think we need to make a change at KR. Hall serves as a backup RB and first rate KR guy.

Comment

Keep in mind that Andre Hall was very solid as a KR last season with a 25 yard average or so. That's very good. Devin Hester only averaged 22 yards. Cleveland's Josh Cribbs, far and away the best KR in the NFL last year, averaged 30 yards.

I don't really think we need to make a change at KR. Hall serves as a backup RB and first rate KR guy.

your right but i know andre hall doesnt boast 4.3 speed either. while its only a 40 time and not a good judge, it gives me reason to belive there will b competition for kick returns. i think all 3 will battle for a chance in TC.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          Problem with Hall, Young, and Aldridge.....They are basically the same player. They really all have the same skillsets. All are small, have a little speed (Ald has a bit more), none are receiving threats (Ald is agian the best, and none of them can stay healthy. So there is no way that we keep all three.
                          Sorry to be pedantic but Young is an adequate receiver...after all, he caught 35 balls last year.
                          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
                          X