Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not as big as Rod, but, Ian Gold retires

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not as big as Rod, but, Ian Gold retires

    Adam Schefter just said that Ian Gold turned down a job playing in, where all old broncos go, Houston, to retire. I don't think too many will care since Rod is announcing his this week too but Gold was a lot of heart, i still remember the season where we got to the AFC Championship where he was visibly animated every game when we were playing well, i remember him jumping up and down when Tatum was tearing up defenses!! Anyways, out of respect, good luck with life Goldy...

  • #2
    I always liked him,I wish him the best.
    BRONCOPOWER

    Comment


    • #3
      Probably a very smart choice by Ian.

      Sure he could have played again in the NFL... but I think he realized what we all saw: His skills and gameplay were diminishing.


      Enjoy your wealthy retirement Ian. I've hated on you before, but you are very WELL off.

      Comment


      • #4
        This guy was our starting LB and now can't even get a job. When I along with other fans called for him to be off the field we were presecuted, guess the league knew what we all knew all along. Oh well. I wish him the best in his future endeavours.
        Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

        Comment


        • #5
          He was a solid player for many years.

          Comment


          • #6
            I like that he didn't go to Houston. They finally got turned down! Kubiak can't steal all of our ex-players.

            Comment


            • #7
              Good luck, Ian, hopefully your next job doesn't entail a lot of moving targets......

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
                Adam Schefter just said that Ian Gold turned down a job playing in, where all old broncos go, Houston, to retire. I don't think too many will care since Rod is announcing his this week too but Gold was a lot of heart, i still remember the season where we got to the AFC Championship where he was visibly animated every game when we were playing well, i remember him jumping up and down when Tatum was tearing up defenses!! Anyways, out of respect, good luck with life Goldy...
                Wow thats interesting, he must not have a passion for playing anymore. Now that i think about it, you could kinda tell. He seems like a smart guy who will go on to lead some kind of business career.

                Good luck
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                I tried to warn ya.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Aija View Post
                  This guy was our starting LB and now can't even get a job. When I along with other fans called for him to be off the field we were presecuted, guess the league knew what we all knew all along. Oh well. I wish him the best in his future endeavours.
                  Thank goodness your persecution will now end. The original post said he was offered a job... but that possible fact doesn't really matter.

                  Best of luck to all that you do, Ian.
                  Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic
                  Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for the years Ian. I didnt think you played well last season, but, yo were a team guy. Best of luck.
                    sigpic

                    I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I wish Ian Gold well in his retirement. He was a great player and made some great plays in his career. Knocking away passes, interceptions, blocking a kick and returning it for a touchdown, etc.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        good luck. i always thought he was better then everyone gave him credit for.
                        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          the guy never was a distraction and was a total team player.


                          he deserves nothing but love even if he did suck at times on the field.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                            the guy never was a distraction and was a total team player.


                            he deserves nothing but love even if he did suck at times on the field.
                            Have to agree here...however I would say he did not perform up to expectation at times rather than he sucked at times but either way I'm pretty much on board with this.

                            Thx,
                            Joe
                            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Good luck Ian. I liked you at times, didn't like you at times, but I appreciate what you did for us. You were a good player.


                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X