Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orange Blue Man View Post
    He was a solid player for many years.
    Yes-thank you. Honor is best years and don't knock him.

Comment

I thought Ian was a good player for us till he went to Tampa. When he came back I didnt like moving DJ one bit for Ian. In that sense I think he held back DJ and our defense to a certain degree. That's not on him though, that was on Shanny.

Good luck Ian......The fact that you were able to be a starter in the NFL as a tweener at the linebacker position is amazing. And speaks to your hard work.

Comment

Ian was a good player.... I wish him well in his life

Comment

gotta like the gold man.

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

I figured Ian Gold would go play or work for the Chargers. He helped enough of them up when we played them, and loved Rivers so much I thought he would serve as their "player-helper-upper" when a Charger got tackled. He WAS a good player for us at one time, and it is appreciated. IMO, he didn't have the fire anymore anyway.

Comment

Good Luck IAn enjoyed your time with us and you where always a stand up guy on and off the field........
              sigpic

GO BRONCOS IN 2008

Comment

Good luck Ian, I wish you the best.

Comment

He never was a good tackler, but last season he as just not good enough.

However, i still remember the seasons where he played well, especially the 13-3 season

Good luck in the future, but Smith's retirement kind of blocks this one out haha

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                    He never was a good tackler, but last season he as just not good enough.

However, i still remember the seasons where he played well, especially the 13-3 season

Good luck in the future, but Smith's retirement kind of blocks this one out haha
                    It would be cool if they both did it today, even tho Rod is years more of a legend in Broncos Country than Gold will be, it's just out of respect, hell, might as well Al Wilson today too...

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
                      Adam Schefter just said that Ian Gold turned down a job playing in, where all old broncos go, Houston, to retire. I don't think too many will care since Rod is announcing his this week too but Gold was a lot of heart, i still remember the season where we got to the AFC Championship where he was visibly animated every game when we were playing well, i remember him jumping up and down when Tatum was tearing up defenses!! Anyways, out of respect, good luck with life Goldy...
                      HE retires??? Retires???

WAIT>.. has anyone notified MUG about this?? Because I remember hearing how Gold was a GREAT OLB!! GREAT was the word used for his play LAST year... how could he possibly retire???

Comment

Gold was always one of my favorite Bronco players. I loved watching him act like a maniac on the sidelines as the Broncos offense made huge plays the year we went 13-3. I hope he has a great post-retirement life.
                        Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Comment

Good luck Ian! Thanks for the years... Good and bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
                            This guy was our starting LB and now can't even get a job. When I along with other fans called for him to be off the field we were presecuted, guess the league knew what we all knew all along. Oh well. I wish him the best in his future endeavours.
                            Exactly. He sucked.

Comment

Working...
                            X