No announcement yet.

Marshall meets with Goodell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you represented your company poorly in public, you too would be suspended, fired, etc. This is a job to Marshall. It doesn't matter if he has/hans't done anything illegal. He has been an embarrasemnt to his team, the league, and himself. So, as an employeer, they have the right to do what they see fit without fewing the legality of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5280 Thunder View Post
      If you represented your company poorly in public, you too would be suspended, fired, etc. This is a job to Marshall. It doesn't matter if he has/hans't done anything illegal. He has been an embarrasemnt to his team, the league, and himself. So, as an employeer, they have the right to do what they see fit without fewing the legality of it.
      Really? It doesnt matter. The suspension of Brandon Marshall will create larger headlines than any arrest or incident of Brandon Marshall. So who is really creating the embarassment.

Brandon Marshall is directly employed by the Denver Broncos. The man is a human being. He makes mistakes like we all did at his given age. The only difference is he is directly associated to a specific product and has a spotlight on him. B-Marsh deserves neither to be suspended or cut (fired). He needs time to mature and become a man.

Goddell should issue no more than a fine and a slap on the wrist. Brandon Marshall is not a threat to society or the image of the NFL.
      A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

goodells an idiot. nothings below a guy that can ban where cheeleaders practice. are there gonna be strict guidelines for the waterboy now?
        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
          First off, are you sure? If you'd been arrested several times for things like domestic battery and DUI...you're commander would just let you walk out of his office with no kind of punishment, whatsoever? Really?
          Jim
          Yeah, I'm sure. He'd ask what was going on and wait to see if any convictions came through. It's due process, and soldiers have it too. No reason Brandon Marshall shouldn't have it.

Comment

I really hate to see any of the Broncos have to serve a suspension but I think it is entirely possible that Brandon Marshall will get suspended but I am hoping that it will be short, hopefully four games or under. I hope that having Rod Smith accompany Brandon to the meeting with Mr. Goodell helped Brandon to avoid a long suspension. Being that Rod has been Brandon's mentor I think it is really cool that he went to the meeting. Rod has alot of faith in Brandon and sees Brandon's potential so I'm sure he wants to help him in any way possible. I also hope that this will really get Brandon Marshall's attention to watch his P's and Q's and make better decisions off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele View Post
              Yeah, I'm sure. He'd ask what was going on and wait to see if any convictions came through. It's due process, and soldiers have it too. No reason Brandon Marshall shouldn't have it.
              I have an employee who is constantly has an ex (although I think they're back together now) call and talking about how he's such a bad man and he gave her a disease (kinda funny since the guy's in his 70s, but I digress ).

I've never considered suspending said employee or even holding him remotely responsible for the false accusations of this lady.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Working...
              X