Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Webster Starting MLB

Just read this i think webster could still beat out niko

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan says LB Nate Webster has had one of the best offseasons he's ever been around.

Webster is going to make it interesting with Niko Koutouvides in their bout for the starting middle linebacker gig. The winner will be a big IDP sleeper
    PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY
    sigpic

Can you supply a link?

Comment

I think I might walk off a bridge if I see Nate Webster in the starting lineup again.

Comment

Yep here it is,

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2549
        sigpic

Comment

Well he is in a contract year..

Maybe he wants that one more legit contract before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
            I think I might walk off a bridge if I see Nate Webster in the starting lineup again.
            That would be a major let down to the off-season plans. Would show that Seattle was right keeping him on the bench on defense and throwing him out on special teams only. I was ready to see someone else line up and show improvement.

Tired of seeing Webster celebrate simply plays when he misses 3 others.

Comment

I guess the best man wins. Rotoworld quoted an excerpt from RMN.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...shall-goodell/

Middle men

Niko Koutouvides and Nate Webster will battle it out for the middle linebacker spot during training camp.

The Broncos signed Koutouvides with the intention of playing him in the middle of the defense, but Webster has responded with what Shanahan called one of the best offseasons of any player with the team.

“Nate’s in the best shape that I’ve ever seen Nate Webster in,” Shanahan said. “He made a great commitment in the offseason, he’s 100 percent participation, he’s healthy. We’ll watch them compete.”

Comment

Lets just say let the best man win!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sacklunch View Post
                  I guess the best man wins. Rotoworld quoted an excerpt from RMN.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...shall-goodell/
                  I think it's great. If Webster outplays Niko, I would much rather have him starting.

The whole object is to have your best eleven on the field and stop the other guys.
                  You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bmarsh15 View Post
                    Lets just say let the best man win!
                    I sure hope that the best man is Niko. Granted I've never seen Niko play, or at least I'm not sure if I've seen Niko play but I can't remember really watching Nate play either.

Anyway, good luck to them both, but GO NIKO!

Comment

if nate webster had such a great off-season so far we should be happy, because it lets us know that he wasnt happy with his performance and wants to change it. its that kind of work ethic that leads defenses to good things. it also lets us know that we have some depth if injury occurs....

Having a stronger, more devoted, inspired and athletic Nate Webster is not a bad thing because when he focuses he does know how to make some plays....

He also has a good feel for the players and the defense so he does have a good line at starting MLB whether some of the fans here like it or not.

perhaps he deserves a fair shake, its no different than people giving selvin a fair shake after last year, because he has a good off-season. Especially when according to shannahan it wasnt near as good as websters...lol

Comment

darn i really wanted to see what niko had to bring to the table. now all we got to do is ducttape webster's helmet to his head...
                        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                          darn i really wanted to see what niko had to bring to the table. now all we got to do is ducttape webster's helmet to his head...

Ouch! Can imagine how much that would hurt to take off? Maybe the man oughta change his hairstyle.

Comment

I love it when we have camp battles like this. May the best MLB win.
                            Dennis Smith, Simon Fletcher, Steve Atwater, Terrell Davis and Rod Smith all belong in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Nate Webster as starting MLB would be the worst ....If he ends up as the starter...

The Broncos did nothing to improve that position from last year in this scenario.. I would have left DJ Williams at MLB....
                              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Working...
                              X