No announcement yet.

who is the greatest bronco of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is the greatest bronco of all time?

the obvious answer would probably be john elway. but i think that with the retirement of rod smith, its really reminding people of what he did for the organization. sure elway was practically responsible for those 5 SB apparences, but still, rod is a...pretty darn good reciever and probably one of the most high classed and hardworking players to ever wear a uniform.

for me, its rod smith. maybe thats just because i never got a chance to watch most of elway's career, but still, i don't think that even elway had as much influence over his teamates as rod. to me, he represents all that it means to be a professional football player.
    john elway
    75.00%
    rod smith
    12.50%
    someone else
    6.25%
    travis henry
    6.25%
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

It's Elway. He is Mr. Bronco.

I lol'ed at your inclusion of Henry on the poll.

Comment

its elway for sure
      sigpic Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Comment

Elway for sure the tread would be better if itwas. should Rod Smith be in the top 5 broncos of all time

My top 5
        1 elway
        2 TD
        3sharpe
        4 zimmerman
        5 grad

Rod is the best reciever the broncos have had up until this point
        if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

obviously this thread isn't just about stats, so thats hwy i picked smith. smith wouldn't be up here if it was just about who is the best player on the field.
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Elway and TD its close man i think TD put the broncos over the hump to win the 2 SB
            PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
              the obvious answer would probably be john elway. but i think that with the retirement of rod smith, its really reminding people of what he did for the organization. sure elway was practically responsible for those 5 SB apparences, but still, rod is a...pretty darn good reciever and probably one of the most high classed and hardworking players to ever wear a uniform.

for me, its rod smith. maybe thats just because i never got a chance to watch most of elway's career, but still, i don't think that even elway had as much influence over his teamates as rod. to me, he represents all that it means to be a professional football player.
              Well, here's the way I see it. If the Broncos are on their own three yard line, trailing by 4-5 points, less than two minutes in the game and no timeouts left, do his teammates look to Rod Smith to win the game, or to John Elway?

THAT person is the greatest Bronco in your list, IMO.
              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post

Good thought provoking question. But I'm surprised to see Travis Henry as a choice in the poll. You miss the obvious choice of Butler By'not'e.

Comment

This poll's a bit limited. How could anyone not include Bronco greats like TD, Shannon Sharpe, Haven Moses, and Floyd Little? Without Little, we might not be talking about the "Denver" Broncos.

If you were going to include an obvious dud, why not go with Sammy Winder or Ricky Nattiel?

Comment

Surely this is a bit of a no-brainer?

Comment

Originally posted by EDavis View Post
                      This poll's a bit limited. How could anyone not include Bronco greats like TD, Shannon Sharpe, Haven Moses, and Floyd Little? Without Little, we might not be talking about the "Denver" Broncos.

If you were going to include an obvious dud, why not go with Sammy Winder or Ricky Nattiel?
                      Because the thread maker is 8? I may have exaggerated the age but still.

Comment

i voted other....how was norris weese not included in the poll?

Comment

Blake Ezor!!

Comment

Maurice Clarett.

Comment

Brian Griese

Comment

Working...
                              X