Josh Mallard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Mallard

I've been to a number of the training camp practices and there are a few players that have stood out in my opinion from what I've witnessed. It's not about the big plays like Selvin juking Moss and the hands and speed of Royal, cause that has been posted before. It's more of the flat out hustle that I've noticed from players like Josh Mallard. I know he's not flashy and isn't a big name player. But for his size, the guy brings it every play. He has a non-stop motor and gives it his all. After the first 4 days of TC, I find myself rooting for this guy to make the team. We need guys like this and he would be a good fit for depth along the DL. Combine TC along with the last half of 2007, and I think he would be an asset to the DL.

Anybody else take notice in his play during TC?

i can see him make the squad.

he had 3.5 sacks last season in like 5 games.

Comment

i think josh has a ton of potential because of plays 110% every snap. however i do think he is out of position this guy could be a freak if we moved him to de. i think hed definitely be an upgrade over engelberger improving in both pass rush/run d.

Comment

Is Josh Mallard long-snapping?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
          i can see him make the squad.

he had 3.5 sacks last season in like 5 games.
          4 games I think. I've been a fan of Mallard all off-season. It's like he's juicing, how a guy goes from not playing in the NFL to walking on to a desperate squad, like Denver was last year and just starts throwing around stellar offensive lines like those at Minnesota and San Diego.

I'm excited to watch him this season.

- Ian
          I am Ian from BroncoTalk.net
          Official Member of Team:
          Champ Bailey and Lance Ball.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            I think he got thrown out of the group my friend "No DTs allowed!"
            Official Member of Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
              4 games I think. I've been a fan of Mallard all off-season. It's like he's juicing, how a guy goes from not playing in the NFL to walking on to a desperate squad, like Denver was last year and just starts throwing around stellar offensive lines like those at Minnesota and San Diego.

I'm excited to watch him this season.

- Ian
              thats a good point. 2.5 of his sacks came agianst the chargers and vikings. two of the top lines in football.

Comment

One of his sacks he was laying on the ground with an olineman mounting him and the QB ran right by, He reaches out grabs his foot and came away with a sack.
                http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

Mallard for Mike

I think he would be a force at middle linebacker his size is about right if his head is on straight he might be a run stopping force at mlb.

Comment

Yeah, but that job belongs to Mike Leach for another 10 years I think

Josh is the Duck Of Doom. I really like his intensity and he's a decent pass rusher and he mounted up 4 sacks in a short space of time last year, as already noted. If he's playing on a pass rush line with, say, Thomas/Moss/Doom it should pose a lot of problems for opposing offences. I'm hoping Mallard makes the cut, he's like our pass rushing John Engleberger: he does one thing well but does it with a non-stop motor.
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I was wrong, he's back long snapping
                      Official Member of Team:

Comment

I want him starting on a Monday night so his crazy team picture is splashed across the TV screen for all to see

Comment

Working...
                        X