Foxworth and Paymah: One Stays, One Goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxworth and Paymah: One Stays, One Goes

Let's assume the scenario that after this season, the Broncos will re-sign only one of these young corners (because they planned for it by drafting Jack Williams.) Which one would you re-sign and why?

I'll go first. I would re-sign Foxworth because of his solid camp performance thus far, his versatility, and the fact that he has the potential to be a starting corner IMO if not for Champ and Dre' handling the starting spots. Paymah is much too aggressive in coverage which causes many pass interference calls on him and he gets beat easily by faster defenders with great cutting ability.

Your turn guys

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Let's assume the scenario that after this season, the Broncos will re-sign only one of these young corners (because they planned for it by drafting Jack Williams.) Which one would you re-sign and why?

I'll go first. I would re-sign Foxworth because of his solid camp performance thus far, his versatility, and the fact that he has the potential to be a starting corner IMO if not for Champ and Dre' handling the starting spots. Paymah is much too aggressive in coverage which causes many pass interference calls on him and he gets beat easily by faster defenders with great cutting ability.

Your turn guys
    I'd rather keep foxworth because he is a good role model and does alot in the community. I never hear anything about paymah. I could see paymah at the mall a probably not even recognize him.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
      I'd rather keep foxworth because he is a good role model and does alot in the community. I never hear anything about paymah. I could see paymah at the mall a probably not even recognize him.
      he was charged with a DUI not too long ago, that's the only thing we hear about him

Comment

Keep both Paymah/Foxworth, and lose Jack Williams. I wouldn't be a fan of the original scenario.

Comment

I think Foxworth is better, but I had my picture taken with Paymah so I really want him to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieElway7 View Post
            I think Foxworth is better, but I had my picture taken with Paymah so I really want him to stay.

..............n00bs.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
              Keep both Paymah/Foxworth, and lose Jack Williams. I wouldn't be a fan of the original scenario.
              Perhaps a little early to say that about Williams.

Comment

resign both. neither should be that expensive unless they have a breakout year.

the broncos should have a lot of cap room next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                  Of course you can recognize Foxworth, how do you miss that peanut shaped head?
                  sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                  Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

At this point I'd keep Fox. He's a leader and a motivator. I think he still hasn't reached his plateau either in terms of development and could surpass Bly this season (whether that is reflected on the depth chart or not). As well as this, he's quite versatile and can be called on to play safety if we have an emergency there. I wasn't so impressed with him last season...however, he was playing a lot of safety and I think DWill was still strongly on his mind. On top of this the DL virtually never collapsed the pocket which gave opposing QBs time to have a nice cup of Earl Grey and load up numerous scones with jam and cream and consume them.

Paymah is solid but he really hasn't progressed as quickly as he should and he may just fizzle out rather than fulfilling his potential. Granted, he hasn't had as many opportunities as Fox...but I remember at the end of the 05 season the general consensus was that he had the potential but it'd take a little time to come through. I've just not seen a significant progression from him. I'm comfortable with him as a dime CB but I'd feel a bit iffy about asking him to do anything more because he doesn't seem to have that same desire that Foxy and DWill had when they raced out of the blocks in the 05 season (Dwill got starter, Fox pushed him all season and was rookie of the week vs Jax). As a player...I'd just say he's a bit beige. Doesn't do anything spectacularly well, but doesn't seem to mess up badly either.

I can see us keeping both of them in the end, Foxworth as a starter/nickel and Paymah on a 2 year, small money contract. Hopefully the latter can prove my statements wrong this season but I can't see it happening.
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Jack Williams is progressing pretty good...looks to be a solid draft pick and a sure bet to make the 53 man roster

sigpic

Comment

Jack Williams is progressing pretty good...looks to be a solid draft pick and a sure bet to make the 53 man roster
                        He will make the 53 man roster.

But the season hasn't even started, we don't know what we need at the end yet. We may be in store for releasing/trading Bly... thus needing to keep Foxworth, Paymah and Williams to compete for the other side.

We may end up trading Bailey, and need to keep all three to compete for the other side.

One of them may have a season-ending/career-ending injury... thus making it more important for us to keep both. *shrugs*.. Who knows?

But as of right now.... I think Jack Williams may be every good as Foxworth, so I would expect us to keep all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by muse View Post
                          At this point I'd keep Fox. He's a leader and a motivator. I think he still hasn't reached his plateau either in terms of development and could surpass Bly this season (whether that is reflected on the depth chart or not). As well as this, he's quite versatile and can be called on to play safety if we have an emergency there. I wasn't so impressed with him last season...however, he was playing a lot of safety and I think DWill was still strongly on his mind. On top of this the DL virtually never collapsed the pocket which gave opposing QBs time to have a nice cup of Earl Grey and load up numerous scones with jam and cream and consume them.

Paymah is solid but he really hasn't progressed as quickly as he should and he may just fizzle out rather than fulfilling his potential. Granted, he hasn't had as many opportunities as Fox...but I remember at the end of the 05 season the general consensus was that he had the potential but it'd take a little time to come through. I've just not seen a significant progression from him. I'm comfortable with him as a dime CB but I'd feel a bit iffy about asking him to do anything more because he doesn't seem to have that same desire that Foxy and DWill had when they raced out of the blocks in the 05 season (Dwill got starter, Fox pushed him all season and was rookie of the week vs Jax). As a player...I'd just say he's a bit beige. Doesn't do anything spectacularly well, but doesn't seem to mess up badly either.

I can see us keeping both of them in the end, Foxworth as a starter/nickel and Paymah on a 2 year, small money contract. Hopefully the latter can prove my statements wrong this season but I can't see it happening.
                          i agree with everything you said muse

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                            He will make the 53 man roster.

But the season hasn't even started, we don't know what we need at the end yet. We may be in store for releasing/trading Bly... thus needing to keep Foxworth, Paymah and Williams to compete for the other side.

We may end up trading Bailey, and need to keep all three to compete for the other side.

One of them may have a season-ending/career-ending injury... thus making it more important for us to keep both. *shrugs*.. Who knows?

But as of right now.... I think Jack Williams may be every good as Foxworth, so I would expect us to keep all of them.
                            Na we aren't gonna get rid of any of them this season at least. The Broncos and many other NFL teams love to keep at least 5 Cornerbacks on their roster...for that reason of there being an injury and an extra fast special teamer.

sigpic

Comment

Na we aren't gonna get rid of any of them this season at least. The Broncos and many other NFL teams love to keep at least 5 Cornerbacks on their roster...for that reason of there being an injury and an extra fast special teamer.
                              i agree this season we will keep all of them but when next season comes around we can expect to see one of them gone

Comment

Working...
                              X