Moss Must be Improving Against the Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    You just lost all of your credibility right there. Elvis would be one of the top 10 DE's in the NFL if what you say is true.
    You all missed my point......Moss is never going to be a stud in the rushing game....He is to light. So who cares how he does. He is a pass rusher. But to illustrate my point...... Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Charles Haley, Kevin Greene, and Mike Stahan are some of the best DE's in the history of the game..... Yet none of them are much better than average agianst the run. Sure it would be great to have a dominate DE agianst the run and pass, but they just dont exist.

As for a previous post said that Moss has proven that he can get to the RB behind the LOS and to the QB..... Really his one career sack proved that to you?
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
      You all missed my point......Moss is never going to be a stud in the rushing game....He is to light. So who cares how he does. He is a pass rusher. But to illustrate my point...... Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Charles Haley, Kevin Greene, and Mike Stahan are some of the best DE's in the history of the game..... Yet none of them are much better than average agianst the run. Sure it would be great to have a dominate DE agianst the run and pass, but they just dont exist.

As for a previous post said that Moss has proven that he can get to the RB behind the LOS and to the QB..... Really his one career sack proved that to you?

The reason we all missed your point is becouse you didn't make one...

As far as a DE that can do both dont exist...

Your not a fan of football if you really believe that...why wouldn't you just pull the tackle with a lead blocker like the old Green Bay play and just run every down east and west...ANSWER....YOU CAN"T DO THAT BECOUSE THE DE STOP THE RUN....Man you named 3 of the all time greats in TFL (That means tackles for losses) FYI.... Reggie White, you gotta be kidding right? They would run as far away from him as possiable. Same with Bruce, and Haley...Japfaff, I really Dont know about what you whatch or how you read but I'll give you one name of a man who was tall and lanky with Both the rush and the stuff as he liked to call it Biggest S.O.B to play Mr. Deacon Jones...
      sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

your assuming that he won't be a stud you can't guarentee that just like I can't guarentee that he will be a stud.
        We have to watch him play.
        Jason taylor has the same make up and as good as he is pass rushing he also stops the run .
        You don't have to be in on every tackle but if your disruptive enough you can be a factor with out being in on every tackle on every running play.

The guys you mention may have not been the greatest run stoppers but they were very disruptive and slowed down running plays enough to have others do the actual tackling.

What I see Moss becoming is disruptive in both pass plays and running plays.
        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I agree that Moss is just not big enough. Most teams have LB's bigger than him. He's only 245.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10048912

Sometimes life isn't fair.

Take the case of Broncos defensive end Jarvis Moss. He'd love to have those 10 pounds teammate Montrae Holland is trying to lose.

Moss is at the other end of the spectrum from Holland: trying to gain weight, but can't. Moss was drafted at 245 pounds last year and, after an offseason of heavy eating and weight lifting, he weighs . . . 245 pounds.

"That's me," Moss said. "I'm naturally a slim dude, especially at this time of year when we're practicing two times a day."

Moss, whose target weight is 255, typically loses at least 5 pounds a practice. Yes, having that extra weight would help him fight off blockers in the running game, but he has resigned himself to being lean and mean.

"I really don't feel like it hurts me on the field," said Moss, who stands second on the depth chart at right defensive end. "Of course being a little bulkier and heavier could help me, but I just have to give great effort."

If you battle the bulge, you might want to skip the rest of this paragraph. All right, are we clear? Here goes: Moss eats three large meals a day, with snacks in between each, not to mention two protein shakes. But still, he can't add any weight.

"I've tried," he said. "Maybe it's the metabolism. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I just sweat more than others. I always want to try to put on weight, but this is me. I'm always going to be lean."

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyTony View Post
            I agree that Moss is just not big enough. Most teams have LB's bigger than him. He's only 245.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10048912

Sometimes life isn't fair.

Take the case of Broncos defensive end Jarvis Moss. He'd love to have those 10 pounds teammate Montrae Holland is trying to lose.

Moss is at the other end of the spectrum from Holland: trying to gain weight, but can't. Moss was drafted at 245 pounds last year and, after an offseason of heavy eating and weight lifting, he weighs . . . 245 pounds.

"That's me," Moss said. "I'm naturally a slim dude, especially at this time of year when we're practicing two times a day."

Moss, whose target weight is 255, typically loses at least 5 pounds a practice. Yes, having that extra weight would help him fight off blockers in the running game, but he has resigned himself to being lean and mean.

"I really don't feel like it hurts me on the field," said Moss, who stands second on the depth chart at right defensive end. "Of course being a little bulkier and heavier could help me, but I just have to give great effort."

If you battle the bulge, you might want to skip the rest of this paragraph. All right, are we clear? Here goes: Moss eats three large meals a day, with snacks in between each, not to mention two protein shakes. But still, he can't add any weight.

"I've tried," he said. "Maybe it's the metabolism. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I just sweat more than others. I always want to try to put on weight, but this is me. I'm always going to be lean."

IMO that's not the reason why he's not succeeding.
            Just like Dumervill is the shortest DL in the league yet he still gets to the qb.
            Moss' weight is not the contributing factor. he says it himself, it's more of the effort.
            Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

If moss cannot spread his game out to being a run stopper. then he is a bust with the first pick. Also its one thing to be average agaisnt the run and great agasint the pass but another thing entirely to get killed agasint the run. and if i remember right Reggie white at one time played DT so i think that says something about his run stopping.. and bruce smith was a great all around end who COULD stop the run the other two i vaguley remember
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

He's still at 245?

What happened to all the reports of Moss hitting 275?

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                  He's still at 245?

What happened to all the reports of Moss hitting 275?
                  I just checked the roster and it said he weighed 265, so that article obviously isn't up to date.
                  sigpic
                  Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                    I just checked the roster and it said he weighed 265, so that article obviously isn't up to date.
                    The article was updated on 7/31/08. It would appear that the roster is not up to date. Moss apparently lost the weight he gained last year. That doesn't mean he can't live up to his draft position. But, considering he is on the first team pass rush defense, he definitely seems to be living up to the primary reason for which he was drafted. Hopefully he lives up to it on every game day during the regular season.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                    X