Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

torrain vs young..who should get to carry the rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torrain vs young..who should get to carry the rock?

young is somewhat proven in the nfl but for some reason im really high on torrain, way higher on torrain when tatum and mike were rookie broncos...im from az so i get to watch all the asu games and from what i seen i think torrain SHOULD be the starter come week one...rb isnt like playin qb so it shouldnt be a hard transition to put him in as the #1 rb...what do you think bronco nation?

I have to admit that I haven't seen much of Torrain... so I'm a bit reserved about him.

I have seen Selvin Young run, and I really liked this kid. I LOVED his explosion and am excited to see what he brings to the table this year with a season's worth of experience and an offseason worth of bulking.

So for right now.. I have to say Selvin. Until I see Torrain actually beat him out.... I'm prepared to see Selvin carry the rock.

Comment

At this point i'm going to have to say Selvin Young. As Ravage said, I don't know too much about Torain, have never really seen too much of him playing. But anything can happen and i'm very optimistic about these two backs.
      Originally posted by darth-hideous
      Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
      Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        I have to admit that I haven't seen much of Torrain... so I'm a bit reserved about him.

I have seen Selvin Young run, and I really liked this kid. I LOVED his explosion and am excited to see what he brings to the table this year with a season's worth of experience and an offseason worth of bulking.

So for right now.. I have to say Selvin. Until I see Torrain actually beat him out.... I'm prepared to see Selvin carry the rock.
        Same here. But considering we're only a week into camp, Torain will get his chances.

I'd love to see Young come on and be a 20+ carry back for us with Torain spelling him for some good yards and then NEXT year have an all-out battle for the starting job... assuming we don't grab an elite back in the draft.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

50/50 work load is what im looking at. When i was at TC i went to 7 different pratices this year so far and Torain is a BEAST, the dude had nate webster on his back and keepet running it was crazy this dude is HUGE for a running back i know many people may not agree but he looks to me like another TD 1 cut and go and people say he doesnt have speed but i will argue otherwise this guy is fast and powerful i cant wait to see what he can do in the preseason!Also no way is selvin young 220 pounds the dude is smaller than a rail i love all the reports of him bulking up because he ran past me and he dident look any bigger than last year!
          PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY
          sigpic

Comment

well I think it would be wise to keep both with carries given the NFL has moved to at least two RB set up with both sharing carries.teams like pitt,jax, and now n.e. will be running two backs.really, it looks like we have at least 4 RB's on the roster, so well always have a fresh back.young, torian, hall and aldridge sounds like a deep line-up to me.

Comment

I'm excited to see what Selvin can do for us this year... but if Torrain proves to be a better back, that wouldn't upset me either. If it were up to me, they'd all have 1,800 yd seasons.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I don't care who carries the rock more as long as our offense is productive. Whether it be Young, Torrain, Pittman, Hall, or a committee thing.

I'm a firm believer that competition brings out he best in everyone, so I'm glad all the RB's are competing and I will back any runner the coaches choose.

Thx,
                Joe
                To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

From what I can determine...Selvin is a great back. But I don't se him as the workhorse type back that Shanny is looking for. Both Young and Aldrige have impressed me so far in training camp, but the whole world changes when contact is brought into full play. Therefore preseason will be the determining factor.

I'm personally really looking forward to this Torain kid. He has the size and the "one cut put your shoulder down" type mentallity that will flourish in our zone blocking scheme. I've heard folks say that his speed might be what kills him, but if you think about it TD ran what a 4.6 (maybe?). You can't judge game speed in comparrison to timed speed. Torain has the intangibles, and Shanny seems to think he had first/second round potential. Granted like I said before...the preseason will show all the RB's true colors. But i see a workhorse every down type potential in Torain...that if he pans out it will ave us huge in determining next years draft.

But only time will tell...
                  Who wants a moustache ride?

Comment

I'm gonna say Selvin for sure right now but want I want to see is if the extra weight he put on wil help him in the red zone if it doesn't then Torrain should get the carries there.

Comment

I like Hall better than young but as i stated in another thread. I see selvin for a while then hall will take over as #1 either from better play or selvin hurting himself. And torain getting goal line reps.

Then later in the season or even possibly next year (dont think it will take that long) torain will be #1 and hall will play clean up duty.

Just like Anderson/Bell a few years ago.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

i'm pretty sure that not many people know anything about torain right now, other then the coaches. good thing its not our desision to make cuz at this point all we know is potential vs. proven talent and power vs speed(and elusiveness, etc but you know w hat i mean)
                        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

I think we should watch a pre-season game or 4 before we decide who the starter is. If we had to decide today, then it would without a doubt be Young. Torrain is good I'm sure, but the experience goes to Selvin, which would give him the edge.

Comment

Young definitely earned the right to open the season as the starter, with that being said I'm sure someone else maybe, Torain, or maybe others, will get their shot over the course of the season and the opportunity will most likely be there for one of the back ups to take the starting job.
                            sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

The only thing I'm worried about is Torrain's speed. I haven't seen any clips of him that show me he has any kind of speed to worry about, and never seems to break away from anyone. In the NFL, thats just a must.

So I think there will definitely be a split in time. But I think Torrain will be a short yardage back due to his size, and Young will get the primary amount of carries every other time

Comment

Working...
                              X