So I was on Sirius NFL radio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
    If anything that offensive coordinator from the Pats, Josh McDaniels I think his name is.
    Just curious, what qualifications do you think make him more qualified to HC the Broncos over Shanahan?

Comment

Originally posted by aeternavi View Post
      Wednesday, about 12:15P Eastern time. If anyone was listening, I was Eric in Syracuse.

I asked Adam Schein about something that a lot of us have been wondering... and I quote my exact question: "Since Superbowl 32 and 33, has the NFL progressed beyond Shanahan's grasp and if so, should Denver be thinking of perhaps replacing him"

He then ripped into me asking how many winning seasons have they had since, I said like 3 (I was wrong, 4, but 9-7 is hardly a winning season compared to before). He told me that I was in left field on it. His response is look at the dynasty of the Patriots. I told him that Denver has only 1 post season win, and it was against the Pats! Not only that, but last time I checked, Denver has won IN Foxboro! It got ugly and he ended by hanging up on me. I think he needs to look on here and see other fans thinking what I am thinking.
      You're still wrong. They've had 6 winning seasons since Super Bowl XXXIII.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyTony View Post
        Shanahan has final say on all personnel decisions so the blame ends up at his feet. And you cannot hire a coach whose schemes don't fit the personnel you have unless you are prepared to rebuild which I think you'll agree Shanahan was not/is not willing to do.

I like Shanahan and am not in favor of replacing him. But the Bates hiring and related personnel issues were a huge blunder that even this coming season we may not be fully recovered from.

And did anybody read this?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...recapintro.htm

I can't believe nobody is commenting on it, particularly those defending Shanahan's draft record...

Whilst some of the draft blame can be put on Shanny, I think it'd be foolish to lay it all at his door. I don't believe Shanahan chooses the defensive players. After all, he has openly admitted he likes to leave it to those in the know about it. And whilst he has the final say on personnel decisions, I'm pretty sure that he'll trust his DCs on such matters.

The problems from last year were two-fold: firstly the Bates system has a known adjustment period which is about 1-2 seasons. And yet it almost seemed like the FO hadn't realised this, panicked and dumped the system. Secondly, not only was our D injury ridden last season but the DT pickings at FA and in the draft were pretty slim. Also Gerrard Warren's s***storm wasn't entirely predictable and that extinguished most chances of the system working. Whilst I was a supporter of Bates right through, I think the blame for last year's defensive failings can be spread all around and it all comes back to us failing to draft a franchise DT in previous seasons or even drafting DTs full stop.

And whilst Sundquist usually got very good deals in trades (as Dan Snyder will testify) and contracts, some of the draft blame has to be put on him as well. Whilst I believe Shanny has quite a lot of say in the draft, I don't believe (like a lot of people seem to) that he's the draft overlord.
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Only one opinion matters.......

I love reading both sides of the "Get Rid of Shannahan" agruement, but it doesn't really matter what our opinions happen to be. THE BOSS will make the decision when he wants to make the decision. I don't see Shannahan leaving any time soon because the guy that counts wants him to stay. Fans opinions are most often based on limited knowledge and excited reactions to team progress and failure. Bowlen is far more informed and intelligent in the matter than any of us, so the arguement is pretty silly. Mike Shannahan will be the Denver Bronco's VP/GM/HC as long as he keeps winning over sixty percent of his games and stays competitive. No other team has had the long-term success, in number of victories, since Shannahan took over. The team has been retooled and has serious young talent in several important positions, so with a "break" from the injury bug and a little luck, the Broncos will compete with any team in the NFL. I know, that's just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            Like who? You still haven't given me any names. Cam Cameron was a hot commodity just a few years ago and what happened with him? One year and done, awesome. Jason Garrett is the only decent option I could think of myself and there is no way in hell Dallas is letting him go, which is evident by the contract extension they gave him. So who?

If coordinators and other position coaches were so valid and brought in so much success, why are teams like Miami, Atlanta and Oakland looking for a new one every other year? They're not that easy to find.

You wouldn't know that by listening to you folks though.
            Why are you so hellbent on me pulling a name out of the air? Do you think I care, or my opinion matters? I don't know any names or even care about other coaches or anything. My question was posted as "has the game progressed beyond Mike", not "I think he should be replaced with someone else."

Keep it friendly in here, and not friendly fire.
            Shanahan will always deserve a :salute!:

The most rowdy orange-jersey-wearing fan in Denver at Buffalo games since 2005!

September 13, 2009... "The Immaculate Deflection" courtesy of Brandon Stokley!

Comment

Wednesday, about 12:15P Eastern time. If anyone was listening, I was Eric in Syracuse.

I asked Adam Schein about something that a lot of us have been wondering... and I quote my exact question: "Since Superbowl 32 and 33, has the NFL progressed beyond Shanahan's grasp and if so, should Denver be thinking of perhaps replacing him"

He then ripped into me asking how many winning seasons have they had since, I said like 3 (I was wrong, 4, but 9-7 is hardly a winning season compared to before). He told me that I was in left field on it. His response is look at the dynasty of the Patriots. I told him that Denver has only 1 post season win, and it was against the Pats! Not only that, but last time I checked, Denver has won IN Foxboro! It got ugly and he ended by hanging up on me. I think he needs to look on here and see other fans thinking what I am thinking.

I think you are all wrong about Shanahan but Adam Shein can be a bit of a dink. He is a Syracuse guy so I am surprised he mistreated you.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                Just curious, what qualifications do you think make him more qualified to HC the Broncos over Shanahan?
                Never said he would be if you even read it.

If anything that offensive coordinator from the Pats, Josh McDaniels I think his name is.
                That implies if anything WERE to happen, thats who I would like.

Comment

Why are you so hellbent on me pulling a name out of the air? Do you think I care, or my opinion matters?
                  You care or you obviously never would have made a thread like this in the first place.

I don't know any names or even care about other coaches or anything.
                  Of course you don't know any other coaches, this right here is exactly why Mike Shanahan does not need to be replaced. You can't even think of a somewhat average candidate. Ha.

My question was posted as "has the game progressed beyond Mike", not "I think he should be replaced with someone else."
                  Which is more or less the same thing. It looks like to me that you feel the game has passed him by in which you think perhaps its time we replace him with someone who knows what their doing. Why do you think the game has passed him by? Because we don't win the Super Bowl every year? Has the game passed Bill Belichick by? He hasn't won one for a while now either and Mike has always seemed to have had his number.
                  Last edited by Spyder; 08-02-2008, 03:24 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    i used to ask the same question when people wanted marty fired in SD. to answer yours, there isn't one. just like the QB position, people blame the HC for not being successful regardless of the situation.

the only thing wrong with shanny (in my honest opinion) is the questionable front office moves he and/or the management has made.

from a coaching standpoint, you are not going to get a better coach in denver than the one you already have.

that said, this is indeed a "what have you done for me lately" league. if something isn't done soon, unfortunately(for broncos fans) mike may have to be replaced.

nobody is untouchable in this league (except maybe bellychick, which has been proven to an extent) and if results are not shown soon, shannys days could be numbered.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      i used to ask the same question when people wanted marty fired in SD. to answer yours, there isn't one. just like the QB position, people blame the HC for not being successful regardless of the situation.

the only thing wrong with shanny (in my honest opinion) is the questionable front office moves he and/or the management has made.

from a coaching standpoint, you are not going to get a better coach in denver than the one you already have.

that said, this is indeed a "what have you done for me lately" league. if something isn't done soon, unfortunately(for broncos fans) mike may have to be replaced.

nobody is untouchable in this league (except maybe bellychick, which has been proven to an extent) and if results are not shown soon, shannys days could be numbered.
                      Shanahan is coach for life, at least to hear Bowlen speak is to get that impression. I think for most organizations with high expectations, Shanahan would have been fired by now. I think Bowlen has shown more patience than most owners of teams that expect to make the playoffs every year. It's unlikely that Shanahan's job will be in jeopardy even the Broncos under perform again this year.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                      X