Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shanny Alll But Gurantees the Playoffs..104....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were interesting statements by Shanahan.

I believe he's looking forward to a great season, and he's setting it up where, if he doesn't have a great season he will be stepping down at the end of the year.

Comment

No he will NOT be stepping down if we miss the playoffs!

Thats what you and others said last year, and the year before. Its not gonna happen.

Shanny has just rebuilt the team in 2 years and we finally have almost all the pieces in place, another year for the younguns and a couple more key players and we are set for the next 5 years minimum. Why would he leave when we are almost out of the basement?

I still see a 10-6 year or 11-5 with the glasses on. just depending on how we do stopping the run this year and our runningbacks this year will determine what we need to fix for next. Hopefuuly our Mike LB is awesome (niko,webby) and Torain/hall/young are awesome for RB and able to punch it in the endzone. Then we can concentrate our top 3 picks next year at S,DT,OG and then we will have ALL of the core players in place........Meaning its miller time.
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Thats what you and others said last year, and the year before. Its not gonna happen.

Shanny has just rebuilt the team in 2 years and we finally have almost all the pieces in place, another year for the younguns and a couple more key players and we are set for the next 5 years minimum. Why would he leave when we are almost out of the basement?

I still see a 10-6 year or 11-5 with the glasses on. just depending on how we do stopping the run this year and our runningbacks this year will determine what we need to fix for next. Hopefuuly our Mike LB is awesome (niko,webby) and Torain/hall/young are awesome for RB and able to punch it in the endzone. Then we can concentrate our top 3 picks next year at S,DT,OG and then we will have ALL of the core players in place........Meaning its miller time.

People who think Shanny is out at the end of the year if there isn't a playoff appearance are just being pessimistic and negative, or they know something that Pat Bowlen doesn't, because Pat has stated that this is Shannahan's team for as long as he wants it.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I agree I do not believe Shanahan will step down as HC of the Broncos for a while. And I do not forsee him being fired with the pieces that have been put in place. Many may not agree but I feel that the Broncos will have an amazing season. Not undfeated regular season amazing but still a very good one. The Broncos will fly under the radar all year and then when it comes playoff time I believe that they will make one heck of a splash.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc Knight View Post
            I agree I do not believe Shanahan will step down as HC of the Broncos for a while. And I do not forsee him being fired with the pieces that have been put in place. Many may not agree but I feel that the Broncos will have an amazing season. Not undfeated regular season amazing but still a very good one. The Broncos will fly under the radar all year and then when it comes playoff time I believe that they will make one heck of a splash.

I'm starting to like this guy!

Great sig by the way!
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

Great sig by the way!
              Agreed!

Welcome to the Boards Bronc Knight, I hope you stick around.

And +1 on the sig, it's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

Great sig by the way!

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                Agreed!

Welcome to the Boards Bronc Knight, I hope you stick around.

And +1 on the sig, it's awesome!

Thanks to the both of you! And I definitely plan on sticking around.

Comment

Things could get a lot worse, and if Mike left, it would become a reality. They'll be better against the run this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                    In fairness, however, the injury reports are very misleading. I mean, Tom Brady has been on the Patriots injury report for years now for his shoulder, and hasn't missed a game.

Basically, any type of injury - to the most minor hangnail to the worst muscle tear or bone break - has to be reported.

Not necessarily disputing Shanahan's statement. I have no doubt we had more injuries last year than we did in our Super Bowl year. But the 78 injuries doesn't mean that 78 players were out or were incapable of playing. Injuries did play a factor, but really it was our shotty defensive and offensive lines, our continued inability to score in the red zone, and our poor special teams that hurt us the most last season. Injuries were just the icing on the cake.
                    Well, the 15 injuries doesn't mean there were 15 players out in the Super Bowl run either, there were even less. So it's not all that misleading.

PS Sorry about quoting a post from a long time ago, I just wanted to point that out.
                    Last edited by Bowie Man; 08-01-2008, 11:21 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

I have been coaching football since the early 70's and experienced coaches don't guarantee the play-offs unless they are extremely sure. They have seen what happens when coaches make promises that their teams can't fulfill. Shanahan must really like what he sees on the video and he has the experience to know what is required.

In looking at our roster and schedule, my guess is that Mike knows what he is talking about.

Comment

Last year was a bizarre one no doubt. As we dealt with all the injuries we turned to new faces on the field for production.

We brought in Bates with his new defensive scheme and we all know how well that worked out.

I think it takes a season of disappointments to fire up the team the following year.

I'm glad to hear Shanny being so confident and excited. He is the coach and I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

After reading all the thread topics over the past few months, I think we fans are confident in the direction we are headed but at the same time a little nervous as to what this team will do. Let's hope they come together quickly at the beginning of the season.

Let's Go Broncos!!
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Thats what you and others said last ye

I didn't say that last year, because he didn't make that comment.

However, now that he did make that comment, I think that's what he's gearing too.

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
                            Would "Oh man, we are SCREWED" be a better thing to hear ROFLMFAO!

Believing you are going to win is no guarantee you will win. Believing you are going to lose is a guarantee you will lose. GREAT statement!

T777
                            ........Meaning its miller time.
                            IDK about you, but with it being HUCKING FOT (in st lou), and FRIDAY!!!!

It's ALWAYS Miller Time!
                            Last edited by ozzies94ta; 08-01-2008, 11:59 AM. Reason: I could tell you... But then I'd have to kill you...
                            Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Originally posted by hambone13 View Post
                              Did anyone hear Shanny on The Fan this morning? I know everyone talks crap about 104.3 but they do get great interviews. He was on for almost a half an hour.

One way or the other, he said, definitively, "We will not miss the playoffs this season". He never makes comments like that. I guarantee, he doesn't want to lose his most significant statistic, never more than 2 losing seasons, ever.

The most interesting thing to me during the interview is that he seemed to be truly fired up. He felt genuinely excited. I haven't heard him be that candid in years. I loved it, I was fired up! Your thoughts?
                              If we miss the playoffs this year, ship his butt out. That's what I think.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X