Marlon McCree for John Lynch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlon McCree for John Lynch

If John ends up in San Diego, basically we swapped safeties. Just wanted to know your opinions, who got the better deal. Judge based on their current abilities and not leadership and what not. What will John bring to the Chargers that Marlon couldn't and what will Marlon bring to the Broncos that John couldn't

I think that could be a problem for SD as their secondary has been a weakness vs the pass in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
      I think that could be a problem for SD as their secondary has been a weakness vs the pass in recent years.
      then i hope he becomes their starter so Jay can torch em'

(diabolical laugh muuhahahahaha) lol

Comment

Originally posted by IDI I3R0NC0 IBI View Post
        If John ends up in San Diego, basically we swapped safeties. Just wanted to know your opinions, who got the better deal. Judge based on their current abilities and not leadership and what not. What will John bring to the Chargers that Marlon couldn't and what will Marlon bring to the Broncos that John couldn't
        the problem for denver is, you're starting a guy who wasn't good enough to make our team lol

that speaks volumes and is the same reason lynch wouldn't be anything more than a backup for us, which is the same reason we won't pursue him, lynch is going to want to start somewhere if he doesn't retire

i'm still guessing he's a soon-to-be patriot
        sigpic

Comment

then i hope he becomes their starter so Jay can torch em'

(diabolical laugh muuhahahahaha) lol
          we beat the crap out of cutler , dude can't do anything to us at all, never has
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

that speaks volumes and is the same reason lynch wouldn't be anything more than a backup for us, which is the same reason we won't pursue him
            hmm i might be wrong but didn't San Diego try to acquire him sometime ago

If he does end up in New England I hope he doesn't have that Junior Seau type rejuvenation. Living in New York I had enough of New England.

I still think our (NYG) Super Bowl win was a dream.

I need my coffee

Comment

John should go ahead and retire....I could careless about McCree...Hamza and Barrett ..As far as pass coverage.. I have never liked John Lynch..However he is the type of player that shows others this is how it is done...His work ethic is bar none...We as Broncos fans can be bias when it comes to the safety spot...Smith,Atwater,Lynch 3 of the best names that have ever played....
              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

hmm i might be wrong but didn't San Diego try to acquire him sometime ago

If he does end up in New England I hope he doesn't have that Junior Seau type rejuvenation. Living in New York I had enough of New England.

I still think our (NYG) Super Bowl win was a dream.

I need my coffee
                in 2004 when he wasn't a liability in pass coverage lol

dude ..it's 2008 , the game has passed lynch by

him and mccree can hit, but they are big liabilities in pass coverage

one of mccree's ints in 07 was a pass directly at him from a flustered cutler during the 41-3 massacre at invesco

what's funny is, mccree talking smack to cutler and cutler shoving him out of his way, now cutler's gotta see him every day just about.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                  John should go ahead and retire....I could careless about McCree...Hamza and Barrett ..As far as pass coverage.. I have never liked John Lynch..However he is the type of player that shows others this is how it is done...His work ethic is bar none...We as Broncos fans can be bias when it comes to the safety spot...Smith,Atwater,Lynch 3 of the best names that have ever played....
                  that is very true

the thing is, lynch got old real fast
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes this is true, SD did give us a spanking. Every time I here someone tell me that i watch the clip of John Lynch ripping Drew Brees arm off. If make me giggle. I only wish that it was Rivers who was destroyed.... o welll

hey u know what if lynch hadn't done that maybe u would have Brees. Could you imagine the possibilities. lol

I hope Denver evens the score. I want this rivalry to be as great as the one we have with Oakland.

Comment

And Tomlinson couldn't do crap against the Broncos for years, either. But things change....

As for your claim that McCree "wasn't good enough to make our team", don't be silly. The Chargers had a replacement for him and there was no sense in keeping McCree for starter money (averaging over $3 million per season) if he wasn't going to start. He might not be an elite safety by any stretch but he's a far cry better that not "good enough to make our team".

It's well known that many Chargers fans blame his fumble after an INT for their loss to the Patriots in the playoffs a couple years back. But that's pure pettiness to overexaggerate why the Chargers cut him. Your posts smack of, well, smack rather than an honest assessment.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I'd rather have Lynch, as long as he played his role. John has limitations at this point in his career but he either doesn't realize it or he refuses to accept it. But he can still help a defense quite a bit if he would allow himself to be taken out in passing situations like the Broncos were trying to do with him.

But it's his life and his career so he can do what he wants. I'm just sad it had to end this way for him in Denver.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

the problem for denver is, you're starting a guy who wasn't good enough to make our team lol

that speaks volumes and is the same reason lynch wouldn't be anything more than a backup for us, which is the same reason we won't pursue him, lynch is going to want to start somewhere if he doesn't retire

i'm still guessing he's a soon-to-be patriot
                          i like you... seem like a pretty intelligent, fair minded guy. better than what i can say i ran into at qualcomm last xmas eve. but i guess every crowd has their bad apples.

mccree was a solid started on your very solid defense for two years. the thing i love about your team is that you guys can smell talent years away. so you guys basically go with a homegrown approach... not a hired-gun type mentality. and i love it... and i think that's the way the broncos are starting to go as well.

hart and weddle both came on, and weddle is a straight up player, i'm mad we didn't pick him up in that draft.

lynch won't be a patriot tho, with harrison and merriweather both back there, i couldn't foresee them using lynch, except maybe as a 5th backer in those funky defenses they like to use... i think lynch is finished

Comment

where is this talk about Lynch going to SD coming from? They are set at S with Hart and Weddle. He would be a backup there, even lower on the charts than in Denver. No way he goes to SD.
                            sigpic

Comment

McCree can be a player, he has shown his ability in San Diego, but the one play that stays with me the most in McCrees career was during the 2006 Divisional Championship game when he picked off Tom Brady, then he fumbled the interception and the Patriots Recovered, giving them a 1st down and inevitably helping them win the game. I really hope he doesn't have a play like that in Denver.

Comment

Working...
                              X