Marlon McCree for John Lynch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IDI I3R0NC0 IBI View Post
    hey u know what if lynch hadn't done that maybe u would have Brees. Could you imagine the possibilities. lol
    Haha, yeah I still feel bad for the Charger fans about that one. They would be unstoppable with Drew in there, I think. That was a huge loss.

That said, I also don't think Lynch goes to SD. They don't need him. Let's face it; he did get old and slow. Shannahan knows what he's doing, and wasn't going to start him every down because of it. His leadership was a bigger loss than his playing ability.

McCree will work in Denver, and get us by for a bit. I'm not expecting him to be amazing, though.

Comment

Funny how a Chargers fan love to talk yet their team keeps failing to make it to the next level. While I understand that it has been 10 years since Denver's championship run, it is still more than what SD can boast about. I guess all those years of mediocrity until the present is enough reason to talk smack.

As for Lynch, I wish the guy the best and offer thanks for what he brought to the Broncos. Unfortunately age is one of those things that is just a fact of life.
      Here is to you 47
      Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        that is very true

the thing is, lynch got old real fast
        Lynch was considered "washed up" when he signed with Denver. He played well for us for four years after that.

I don't think he "got old real fast." He lasted a damn long time here.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by IDI I3R0NC0 IBI View Post
          If John ends up in San Diego, basically we swapped safeties. Just wanted to know your opinions, who got the better deal. Judge based on their current abilities and not leadership and what not. What will John bring to the Chargers that Marlon couldn't and what will Marlon bring to the Broncos that John couldn't
          I think the Broncos' coaching staff thinks that they got the better of the "deal". It appears that McCree is slated to be the deep safety in coverage while Abdullah will be in run support. Considering that the front seven are primarily responsible for stopping the run, I don't think the Broncos lose much by having Abdullah as the eighth man in the box. They clearly believe McCree is the better safety in coverage because he was on the first team nickel defense even when Lynch was there.

I don't think that Lynch will go to the Chargers. If they weren't confident about their situation at the safety position, they wouldn't have let McCree go. It wouldn't make sense for them to bring in a safety that has clearly lost a step and isn't willing to accept a reduced role, let alone a back up role.
          Last edited by broncolee; 08-02-2008, 08:06 PM.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

the problem for denver is, you're starting a guy who wasn't good enough to make our team lol

that speaks volumes and is the same reason lynch wouldn't be anything more than a backup for us, which is the same reason we won't pursue him, lynch is going to want to start somewhere if he doesn't retire

i'm still guessing he's a soon-to-be patriot
            Wasn't good enough to make your team? he started every game for you last year...
            sigpic
            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

There's just not many places where Lynch would be a starter this year, plus he'd have to sync up with a new defense. He would've got more playing time here then anywhere else. I think this will cause him to retire, plus right now he has a number of organizations interested in him for broadcasting purposes, that is what he wants to do soon, and it might be best for him to jump on that. And in conclusion I just want him to retire a Bronco.

Comment

that is very true

the thing is, lynch got old real fast
                A 16 year career, with the last 4 resulting in Pro Bowls, is a sign of getting old fast?

Right....

sigpic

Comment

we beat the crap out of cutler , dude can't do anything to us at all, never has

ahahaha just wait....

Comment

I'm excited to see mccree in the orange and blue. When he was deciding between buffalo and denver i kept my fingers crossed, i think he is gonna do great. Lynch is getting brittle, a body can only take so much he has been hitting hard for a lot of years. i appreciate his hard play and leadership, but he can't play like he used to. I'm ready to see MCcree!!!

Comment

i still like MM as a chargers fan, he is a big time hitter and can definitely still play. he makes questionable decisions on the field though, whenever he gets his hands on the ball he tries to take it to the house regardless of the circumstances.

personally, i wouldn't trade MM for lynch at this point in their careers...but it would be the worst trade in the world.

either way, as JC already pointed out, lynch wouldn't start in SD anyways so its kind of a pointless discussion.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shutdown View Post
                        Haha, yeah I still feel bad for the Charger fans about that one. They would be unstoppable with Drew in there, I think. That was a huge loss.
                        brees had LT, gates, and a good defense and couldn't get it done either? brees had more time than rivers has, it took brees 3 years and the thought of losing his job to the recently drafted rivers to pull his head out of his ass and became a pro bowl caliber QB.

you people assume way too much with rivers and the QB position. simply plugging in a different QB into a different system doesnt guarantee a damn thing.

just like when some of you say that the chargers would have won the SB last year if cutler was on that team.

in theory yes it is possible, but nothing is guaranteed that he would thrive in norv's system. sometimes QB's are drafted by certain teams because they are familiar with that teams system already.

there are too many factors involved like team chemistry and the type of system they run.

just because a QB is good on one team does not mean he will be even better on another simply because they have better talent.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've been a Marlon McCree fan since his college days. Expect to see McCree work very hard to prove his value to the Broncos' defense this season, both in his play and leadership (although I know the latter wasn't to be a factor in this thread). I think MM may have a tendency to slack a bit in year two with a team, which could explain why he doesn't seem to stick with any team for more than two seasons. It could also just be that he is a good - but not great - safety, comes in and does the job required for a couple of seasons and gets put on waivers until another team needs his services.

I don't think it was so much the Fumble that hurt McCree's rep with Chargers fans; but that he was - and AFAIK remains - unapologetic for it.
                          Last edited by kritikalcat; 08-06-2008, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X