Mr. Bowlen HOF presenter for Zimmerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bowlen HOF presenter for Zimmerman

I was wondering your thoughts of Bowlen's job as presenter for Zimmerman. For me it seemed to be a struggle and like he wasn't totally prepared. I was a bit disappointed.

yep

Originally posted by Orange Blue Man View Post
    I was wondering your thoughts of Bowlen's job as presenter for Zimmerman. For me it seemed to be a struggle and like he wasn't totally prepared. I was a bit disappointed.
    Could not agree with you more dead one

Comment

Not that he wasnt prepared, he was just nervous. What people cant get nervous nowdays? Do you know what its like to stand in front of thousands of people and try to give a speech? Some people just arent as good as others at that.
      sigpic

Comment

yea, dude is never talking to the media, really... on any level. that's mikes job. to me he seemed just as uncomfortable when he said, "this one's for john" at the trophy presentation after the superbowl.

you could tell he was sweating the load... some people just aren't good with the public speaking deal. i know people that act like that when they have to talk to 30 people... much less a couple thousand there and a national tv audience.

i gauge pat based on what he has done as an owner in the league, easily one of the top two. zimm knows why he wanted him to present him, you don't pick some schmuck off the street, it's someone that is important, i think he'll be able to forgive that pat was about to have a nervous breakdown up there...

here's to shannon next year, and not picking pat to do his induction! lol...

Comment

When Shannon makes it into the hall I be willing to bet he picks Sterling to induct him. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Q_Ball22 View Post
            When Shannon makes it into the hall I be willing to bet he picks Sterling to induct him. What do you guys think?
            Good call on that one. I agree 100%.

Comment

I think it'll be Elway or Rod. A teammate he's known for years and has been close to.

Comment

What a fabulous idea. :thumb: Those two are hysterical when together. Pretty damn funny on their own too.

I thought Elway's daughter Jessica did a fantastic job for her dad.

I missed the ceremony being camping and all. I find it a tad odd Gary didn't have a family member, friend or other team mate do the speech. Seems weird to have Pat doing it.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I think that it would be appropriate on several different levels. Sterling is a family member; the two were, from all accounts, close; knowledgeable of the NFL, and he is adept at speaking before audiences.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post

I missed the ceremony being camping and all. I find it a tad odd Gary didn't have a family member, friend or other team mate do the speech. Seems weird to have Pat doing it.
                    Zimm had talked about Bowlen being his presenter a few months back.. he felt that he owed Bowlen that much.. that Bowlen was one of the people most responsible for the way his career ended and helping him make it to the HOF. He felt he was going in as a Bronco, even though he played for the Vikes all those years.

I think Bowlen was just a bit overwhelmed... you can prepare for months and months.. but when it comes time, and you are under the lights, cameras not to mention thousands of people in the stands and millions of viewers on TV.

I can see how your prepared thoughts can leave you.

Don't be so hard on Bowlen... he did a pretty good job.
                    Go Broncos !!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                      I think that it would be appropriate on several different levels. Sterling is a family member; the two were, from all accounts, close; knowledgeable of the NFL, and he is adept at speaking before audiences.
                      What I thought was neat was Shannon did nothing but speak of and to his brother about the Super Bowl ring after XXXII. He actually gave Sterling the first one. Kept saying "You earned it" and things like that.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoben View Post
                        Zimm had talked about Bowlen being his presenter a few months back.. he felt that he owed Bowlen that much.. that Bowlen was one of the people most responsible for the way his career ended and helping him make it to the HOF. He felt he was going in as a Bronco, even though he played for the Vikes all those years.

I think Bowlen was just a bit overwhelmed... you can prepare for months and months.. but when it comes time, and you are under the lights, cameras not to mention thousands of people in the stands and millions of viewers on TV.

I can see how your prepared thoughts can leave you.

Don't be so hard on Bowlen... he did a pretty good job.
                        I didn't mean to sound hard on Pat. Just thought it was odd.

Mr. Bowlen was probably still a little overwhelmed regarding the retirement of Rod as well. Who knows. I'm gonna have to see if I can youtube it or something. I haven't checked the home page... It might be there.

sigpic

Comment

Considering he gave Sterling his Superbowl ring, I'd say you're probably right. The good thing is, Sterling is a much better speaker than Pat Bowlen...or Shannon, for that matter!

Comment

He is just not a good public speaker at all. That goes way back to when we won the SB and he was like "4 words, This one's for John"..... its a great line, but it just didnt flow smoothly for him.
                            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Bowlen's not a public speaking guy...

I think it's pretty widely known that Pat's not exactly Toastersmasters national champ! It found his sincerity and emotion pretty touching actually. I can see why he so widely like.

Comment

Working...
                              X