The Broncos are glad to have Dre Bly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
    Yea Marlon Mcree had a huge fumble against the Pats, but what about the next year against the Colts? I seem to remember a big hit he put on Reggie Wayne that ended the game and pretty much sent you packing to the AFC Championship game....

And LT is around the same age and is in his last good years at runningback

LT just turned 29. Not quite the same age, but close. I will be happy if he can give us 3 more good years.

That hit by McCree on Reggie Wayne was a thing of beauty, and you guys can look forward to a few big hits a game from him. But if you watched that game, you must have also seen that whiff on the sideline against Gonzalez that resulted in a long TD. McCree frequently plays the angles wrong, and doesn't wrap up when he goes in for the big hit. When he hits somebody bigger than him, he just bounces off.

Comment

Bly made some mistakes because he is a ball hawk and takes risks, these risks can result in something positive (such as interceptions). However as with alrisks your not going to win every time and those failures will overshadow everything else you have done.

The cornerback position (much like the offensive line) is very unforgiving. You only get noticed if you do something great (like intercept or deflect a ball), or something bad (get burnt). Usually your average fans will not notice that for the majority of the game you covering your zone or receiver so well the QB had to check down to next option. The DB coaches will probably see that in film review though.

Anyway overall I like Dre Bly alot, don't get me wrong I cursed the TV out over every single play he got burnt on (especially that Packers game) but I still think that he does his job well in most cases. Also with our change in defensive philosophy I (like most) am hoping it will create a decent pass rush because with out a pass rush the best CB's in the league can look bad.

Thx,
      Joe
      To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

The Denver Broncos ...

... have a great group of cornerbacks.

All of them will be needed and will play during the season.

If they do find themselves in an extended playoff run, they will need them all.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
          with out a pass rush the best CB's in the league can look bad.

Thx,
          Joe
          I Couldn't have said it better myself!
          Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Wow...

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
            I wish Quentin Jammer had Dre Bly's hands and ball skills.

But most Charger fans are pretty comfortable with Jammer and Cro. Of course, I'll be the first to admit that the Chargers pass rush and deep safety support makes them look a little better than they really are.
            I guess you rate to be here with that kind 'O logic. As far as I'm concerned, with this kind of objectivity, our board is a better place. Sparklingly objective and true....

Comment

I like Bly, overall. He will get beat, but he's better than a ton of CBs out there. He's always going to take the flak for not being Champ.

I also like Foxworth a lot, though, and wouldn't be sad to see him start.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieElway7 View Post
                Hmmm.... I just re-read the article and I didn't see the funny parts.
                The funny part is his post!
                Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
                  Whats funny is that Bly sounds a lot like Marlon McCree after the 2006 season. Cocky as hell and unapologetic despite screwing up in the biggest game of the year.

The Broncos pass defense was not good last year. I realize that part of that was the lack of a consistent pass-rush. I also know that Champ was playing hurt and Lynch was a step slow. But For Bly to act like he's the man after surrendering a lot of TD's is pretty comical to me. You guys know your team better than I do, but I just wouldn't be surprised if Foxworth took over this year, since Bly is at the age where CB's frequently lose a step. And he looked a step slow to me last year.
                  I believe our front four will be much improved and thus make it better for BOTH Champ and Bly!
                  Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    ... have a great group of cornerbacks.

All of them will be needed and will play during the season.

If they do find themselves in an extended playoff run, they will need them all.
                    Well said......and hopefully we will make that run!
                    Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Working...
                    X