Time to jump on the DJax bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to jump on the DJax bandwagon

There was not a lot of noise when we picked him up after he was dumped by SF; however, he is a very good WR that should be in his prime for at least two more years.

He was on an absolutely rancid team in SF and I am sure that it effected his play, but this guy is a proven threat that has done it year in and year out. I am going to compare what he has done over the previous 50-60 games to other WRs his age (29/30) and you will see what I am talking about.

DJax 58 games: 283/3891/29 - 56.4% catch rate
    TJ Housh 52 games: 353/4158/32 - 67.5% catch rate
    C Chambers 59 games: 276/3663/26 - 47.1% catch rate
    L Coles 58 games: 309/3539/18 - 57.3% catch rate
    S Moss 58 games: 245/3919/23 - 56.9% catch rate

What we can see from this is that T.J. Houshmandzadeh is a stud! We also see that DJax has performed as well as other teams #1 WR (Moss, Coles, Chambers).

DJax is healthy, he is doing well in camp and should be able to come close to his average season because he is still playing in his prime. I think we should all be a little more excited about having him on the team this year.

My prediction: 60 catches for 900 yards 7 TDs

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Great Post..

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
    There was not a lot of noise when we picked him up after he was dumped by SF; however, he is a very good WR that should be in his prime for at least two more years.

He was on an absolutely rancid team in SF and I am sure that it effected his play, but this guy is a proven threat that has done it year in and year out. I am going to compare what he has done over the previous 50-60 games to other WRs his age (29/30) and you will see what I am talking about.

What we can see from this is that T.J. Houshmandzadeh is a stud! We also see that DJax has performed as well as other teams #1 WR (Moss, Coles, Chambers).

DJax is healthy, he is doing well in camp and should be able to come close to his average season because he is still playing in his prime. I think we should all be a little more excited about having him on the team this year.

I've been an advocate of his since he signed. He's not a stallion but he's consistent and that's a LOT better than we've had in quite a while a # 2 (well potentially #1 for a while).

Comment

im glad we have some sort of insurance.. bummed about colbert
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
        You're not the only one

sigpic

Comment

I've always shook my head at the thought of Keary Colbert beating out Darrell Jackson for the number 2. Now what I'm confused about is, if/when Brandon Marshall is suspended will Darrell Jackson become the number 1?

Obviously, according to the depth chart the answer is no, Eddie Royal would be the number 1 and Darrell would stay at number 2. However, realistically, I would see Jackson being the number one, Stokley the number two and Royal in the slot.
          I am Ian from BroncoTalk.net
          Official Member of Team:
          Champ Bailey and Lance Ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
            I've always shook my head at the thought of Keary Colbert beating out Darrell Jackson for the number 2. Now what I'm confused about is, if/when Brandon Marshall is suspended will Darrell Jackson become the number 1?

Obviously, according to the depth chart the answer is no, Eddie Royal would be the number 1 and Darrell would stay at number 2. However, realistically, I would see Jackson being the number one, Stokley the number two and Royal in the slot.
            I would have to agree with you on this.
            I am sorry about my spelling and grammar . Please: understand i have dyslexia , but I love my Broncos.:go:

Comment

...Eddie Royal would be the number 1...
              Under no circumstances will Eddie Royal be our #1 WR this year. Preposterous. He's a rookie and wasn't all that productive a WR his senior year in college. I can't see him being much of a factor in the passing game this year. Far too much to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyTony View Post
                Under no circumstances will Eddie Royal be our #1 WR this year. Preposterous. He's a rookie and wasn't all that productive a WR his senior year in college. I can't see him being much of a factor in the passing game this year. Far too much to learn.
                He played at Virginia Tech. Of course he wasnt that productive at WR. He had to produce the most in special teams and he did.

But yeah, he won't be our #1.

Anyway, I was happy about the DJax signing, and I don't mind him at all as our #2. Well for 3 games he'll be our #1 but that won't be so bad, he was #1 in Seattle for awhile and he did a decent job.
                sigpic

Comment

will Eddie Royal be our #1 WR this year..
                  Good question.

Don't take one of my sentences out of context. I for one like to never say never, there were games last season when I would have loved to have him as the number 1 or 2. Anyone remember when we had both Stokley and Walker out last season? I think Glenn Martinez got the start, I can't remember exactly who it was.

Far too much to learn.
                  He does get the benefit of learning by going against Champ Bailey, Dre Bly and Domonique Foxworth every day.
                  Official Member of Team:

Comment

I don't think this will happen. I don't think they will move Stokely out of the slot for those 2 games, he is a much better receiver in the slot than on the outside. If the theory of putting Stokely outside for these 2 games is valid than we would have to assume that every time Marshall or jackson couldn't play due to injury or game fatigue than Stokely would take their place. That won't happen this year. We have guys practicing those positions who can back up Marshall and Jackson adequately for a couple games. Jackson will prob be number 1 and the #2 will be whoever is the best after Jackson and Stokely. It could Royal, martinez, or Colbert depending on how Preseason goes.

I could be totally wrong but that's my opinion
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      I could be totally wrong but that's my opinion
                      Like I said in the previous post, if we're going by the depth chart, Eddie Royal would replace Brandon Marshall. I actually hope that you're right and that Stokley does stay in the slot, as his career has proven he's incredibly efficient as a slot receiver. His career has also shown that the less he sees the field the less likely he is to get hurt. He didn't manage very long last year at the number two before getting hurt.
                      Official Member of Team:

Comment

I agree with everything except.....

If Royal gets most of his reps out wide in the preseason it would make more sense to put him out wide and leave Stokely in the slot. Aside from that he can stretch the field more than Stokely can.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Wr

I think the likely senerio would be Djax at #1, Royal, or whomever emerges at #2 and Stokely staying at #3. Royal would be the most likey as he is a burner who can streak down the field ALA Lelie. This keeps the doubles off the #1 and prevent stacking the box. See Lelie was good for something...didn't even have to catch a pass, haha. Hopefully Royal is wayyyyy better.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                            I guess I missed something . . . did something happen to Colbert??

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post

I've been on the bandwagon for several years.

My brother-in-law is a big Seahawks fan. I've seen Jackson play a lot while he was in Seattle because I watched games with my Brother-in-Law, and the Seahawks are usually televised here, along with the Broncos. For 3-4 years he was the best receiver in Seattle, and put up some big numbers.

I don't think last year was his fault. I can see him easily getting 700-1,000 yards this year, plus 5 or 6 td's.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                              X