I just don't see the Broncos making it to .500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't see the Broncos making it to .500

I couldn't wait to see the Broncos play, and after seeing the first game I am a little concerned. The injuries & suspensions alone will probably cause the first three or four losses in so many games. Eddie Royal didn't show much in a real game, I expected something more based on the hype from camp. Selvin Young can't get much going, he needs a big hole to get yards (when anyone can get them), he can't seem to make something happen on his own. Jay won't be able to run in a TD against Oakland or SD and if he does he will be hammered, especially with Ramsey as a backup. If Ramsey has to come in, consider the season over.

Our D-Backs are in trouble! McCree and DJ are the best players no doubt. I am concerned with Champ and Bly. Our depth is so shallow on these positions.

Special teams looked pretty good, not great, they don't look like they will lose any games for the Broncos. Prater's kickoffs could have been deeper. The kickers kick it out of the endzone at 6000 ft above sea level then go to sea level towns and kick it to the 10 yard line.

The good news in all this is that we could get a good draft position.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

I think we'll be about a 9-7 team.

Everybody should be happy with Cutler, and with him alone we'll win a couple games because we'll be explosive on offense.

We're also good for a loss or 2 to inferior teams every season.

I still think our inability to control the LoS on both sides will be our downfall. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
      I think we'll be about a 9-7 team.

Everybody should be happy with Cutler, and with him alone we'll win a couple games because we'll be explosive on offense.

We're also good for a loss or 2 to inferior teams every season.

I still think our inability to control the LoS on both sides will be our downfall. Again.
      I understand that we've only seen 1 game so far but I think we really need to bring in a big time running back in order for Jay to have success passing the ball. Sure the kid can throw and I know he'l light it up this year but without a legit threat at RB we're taking a real risk with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
        I understand that we've only seen 1 game so far but I think we really need to bring in a big time running back in order for Jay to have success passing the ball. Sure the kid can throw and I know he'l light it up this year but without a legit threat at RB we're taking a real risk with him.
        I think we need a more pressing oline.

RB's are a dime a dozen in this league, and none of them can work if the offense isn't controlling the LoS.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
          I couldn't wait to see the Broncos play, and after seeing the first game I am a little concerned. The injuries & suspensions alone will probably cause the first three or four losses in so many games. Eddie Royal didn't show much in a real game, I expected something more based on the hype from camp. Selvin Young can't get much going, he needs a big hole to get yards (when anyone can get them), he can't seem to make something happen on his own. Jay won't be able to run in a TD against Oakland or SD and if he does he will be hammered, especially with Ramsey as a backup. If Ramsey has to come in, consider the season over.

Our D-Backs are in trouble! McCree and DJ are the best players no doubt. I am concerned with Champ and Bly. Our depth is so shallow on these positions.

Special teams looked pretty good, not great, they don't look like they will lose any games for the Broncos. Prater's kickoffs could have been deeper. The kickers kick it out of the endzone at 6000 ft above sea level then go to sea level towns and kick it to the 10 yard line.

The good news in all this is that we could get a good draft position.
          Dude.... o_o

I thought I was harsh on the team, but sheesh!

Anyway I have to agree with you on not making .500, but for none of the reasons you mentioned.

1. Bob Slowik will continue where he left off last season. :thumb:

2. The Broncos seem fragile to me, especially on defense. I cringe whenever they make a hit....or just run into each other.

3. My God....our pass rush horrible..atleast with Bate's hodge podge of a defense were were getting pressure.

All in all I see alot of teams easily converting on third and long....third and short...hell, even on fourth and whatever.

-_- Woo....dee-fense.
          Careful what you wish for, Darth , cause here comes the worst DC in the league...... -stnzd
          What's that? Need proof? http://dack.com/archive/bob-slowik-must-be-fired.html

Goodbye social life...

My Mojo!

Comment

I am usually complaining because I want this team to improve from its current situation, but if certain key players step up and play hard, we might end with 10 wins. Our schedule seems easier this season compared to last year. Am I wrong?
            sigpic

Comment

We better be above .500. The Chiefs are horrible, and the Raiders cant pass the ball or stop the run. We should win at least 3 of those games if not all 4. Then we have carolina, miami, Atlanta.... We aren't that bad if we are healthy, we have still yet to see what Dewayne Robertson will bring to our defense.

Even if we lose Marshall for 2 games, we have 3 serviceable guys at WR with DJ, Royal, and Stokely. No need for the doom and gloom we aren't an elite team but we aren't a bad team either.
              sigpic

Comment

I think we need a more pressing oline.

RB's are a dime a dozen in this league, and none of them can work if the offense isn't controlling the LoS.
                True but I think the O-line we'l be pretty good as always. Every year Denver has this standout RB that was chosen in the late rounds and runs for 1000 yards or so but I dont really believe that these guys are diamonds in the rough. (Aside from Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis)
                Yeah our O-line has alot to do with them getting those yards but Im gonna go out on a limb and say that I dont believe that any of these guys have star talent and give the O-line 100% credit for all these yards.

I know thats a very bold statement but we need to find or sign a RB with real talent, bcuz like I said I dont believe Shanny is finding these stud RBs I believe its just the system and it has been for years. I know its impossible but what if had a Steven Jackson or Deuce McCalister you all would see what I mean, just like the old Terrell Davis days and I truely believe that this is what we're missing.

We need teams to stack the line and let Jay beat them over the top and we can do that with a real threat at runningback.

Comment

Set the stadium on fire because the broncos are going to suck this year!!! Lets get a new running back since Selvin only ran the ball 5 times in the PRE SEASON opener in Houston.

Better yet, sell the team and make it a Los Angeles franchisee since bronco football is dead!!!

You people kill me!!! YES I SAID YOU PEOPLE!

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
                    We better be above .500. The Chiefs are horrible, and the Raiders cant pass the ball or stop the run. We should win at least 3 of those games if not all 4. Then we have carolina, miami, Atlanta.... We aren't that bad if we are healthy, we have still yet to see what Dewayne Robertson will bring to our defense.

Even if we lose Marshall for 2 games, we have 3 serviceable guys at WR with DJ, Royal, and Stokely. No need for the doom and gloom we aren't an elite team but we aren't a bad team either.

KC won't be that bad. They have their weaknesses just like DEnver does, but their strengths are much easier to build around. They have a solid front 4 on defense, and their defense will continue to keep them in games. Our offense will keep Denver in games. If Croyle can continue to progress, and LJ runs the ball like he can, I think Chiefs will be just as good as Denver.

Carolina scares me. They are strong along the oline and dline, and Denver has historically struggled against those teams.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                      Set the stadium on fire because the broncos are going to suck this year!!! Lets get a new running back since Selvin only ran the ball 5 times in the PRE SEASON opener in Houston.

Better yet, sell the team and make it a Los Angeles franchisee since bronco football is dead!!!

You people kill me!!! YES I SAID YOU PEOPLE!

8-8, and 9-7, doesn't "suck". Sorry to rain on your parade.

Comment

Help Help the earth is falling in.
                        Last edited by ndbronconut33; 08-11-2008, 07:48 PM.

Comment

8-8, and 9-7, doesn't "suck". Sorry to rain on your parade.
                          500 = 8-8

500+ = 9-7

The threads title is " I just don't see the Broncos making it to .500"

Not
                          "8-8 and 9-7 doesn't suck"

Not making 500 is is 7-9 or worse

Comment

Wow I think Shanny should call the NFL and tell them the are going to forefit the remainder of the season. Because they suck for losing by 3 points.

I really dont know what some of you people think is going to happen. Did any of you that keep saying we are 500 team or we wont make the play offs really think we where going to come into Texans home and spank them 100 to 0. If you did you need to get your freaken head our of your a$$.

We are now the youngest team in the NFL we had 2 mind you 2 rookie tackles starting. How often do you see that. I recorded the game and watched it 3 times now and after they settled down a bit they did pretty good. OH and if i recall no one even got close to sacking Jay. Yes we had some mistakes but they where CORRECTABLE. We had a rookie wide reciever starting. We have a new OC. Oh and we have a new defensive coach and scheme. We had 3 of our best defenders out Champ Robertson and Abdula.
                            As far as i am concerned I think we did pretty good in the first quarter.
                            Sorry but I think some of you are going to be eating your words later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ndbronconut33 View Post
                              Wow I think Shanny should call the NFL and tell them the are going to forefit the remainder of the season. Because they suck for losing by 3 points.

I really dont know what some of you people think is going to happen. Did any of you that keep saying we are 500 team or we wont make the play offs really think we where going to come into Texans home and spank them 100 to 0. If you did you need to get your freaken head our of your a$$.

We are now the youngest team in the NFL we had 2 mind you 2 rookie tackles starting. How often do you see that. I recorded the game and watched it 3 times now and after they settled down a bit they did pretty good. OH and if i recall no one even got close to sacking Jay. Yes we had some mistakes but they where CORRECTABLE. We had a rookie wide reciever starting. We have a new OC. Oh and we have a new defensive coach and scheme. We had 3 of our best defenders out Champ Robertson and Abdula.
                              As far as i am concerned I think we did pretty good in the first quarter.
                              Sorry but I think some of you are going to be eating your words later this year.

This team needs time to gel which is a nice way to say they will lose a few too many games. I'm not saying they will suck, after looking at the schedule it looks like we will get beat by teams that are already past that "gelling" phase. The Chiefs and Raiders are wild cards. My biggest concerns are lack of depth.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Working...
                              X