I just don't see the Broncos making it to .500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    No bro....the military taught me to kill....I got this positive outlook and glowing personality on my own
    though i resepct what you have done......
    the air force taught me to watch you kill those guys from my hotel and fix the planes that the paratroopers jump out of when need be.

so you are a pessimst all by your lonesome huh?
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyTony View Post
      stnzed and sixoneseven, in response to your belief that this team can win 6 straight I'm not saying it's impossible just very unlikely. The 2005 team that went 13-3 had a 5 game win streak, as did the 9-7 2006 team that went 6-1 before falling apart. Last season our longest "win streak" was 2 games. Six straight wins is a tall order for any team in the league, particularly one with as many questions as this one. So let's hope for 6 consecutive wins but certainly not expect it.
      I definitely never take anything for granted when it comes to predicting wins this early......So your point is well taken......

Comment

I have already said that the broncos could be anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4. This years team is much better than last years and last years team was a few plays and a coin flip away from the playoffs. The Chicago games was very winnable, the broncos convert a touchdown in the end of the GB game and they win, etc. The broncos beat some really good teams the viking and Pitt.

I see no reason not to have a positive outlook on this team we are better than last year and that will be reflected in the record..
        if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
          though i resepct what you have done......
          the air force taught me to watch you kill those guys from my hotel and fix the planes that the paratroopers jump out of when need be.

so you are a pessimst all by your lonesome huh?
          Hey but the air force has the best damn E clubs...... I loved the Banyon Tree club on Okinawa......Was a great place for a yound single guy to pick up a lonely young woman...
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Hey but the air force has the best damn E clubs...... I loved the Banyon Tree club on Okinawa......Was a great place for a yound single guy to pick up a lonely young woman...

we do tend to aim high.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
              we do tend to aim high.
              So what was it like at air forse summer camp... I mean boot camp? Would they give you spf 15 or 30 to properly work on your sun tans? Is it true that they made you wear a uniform while you played volleyball, and they made you go outside when the temp was above 80? Damn you air force guys are so hard......... Actually I mock them but I should have joined, but those damn dress blues got me...... We went to an Air Force base back in Desert Storm and those bastards had AC, us grunts were one one meal a day....... That is living...go to war and get air conditioning
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

So what was it like at air forse summer camp... I mean boot camp? Would they give you spf 15 or 30 to properly work on your sun tans? Is it true that they made you wear a uniform while you played volleyball, and they made you go outside when the temp was above 80? Damn you air force guys are so hard......... Actually I mock them but I should have joined, but those damn dress blues got me...... We went to an Air Force base back in Desert Storm and those bastards had AC, us grunts were one one meal a day....... That is living...go to war and get air conditioning
                the six weeks at lackland afb in san antonio was no where in comparison to what the marines,army or navy boot camp but we have to salute officers and show military bearing the same as you guys and working twelve hour shifts in the desert back in 92 and 93 was no piece of cake yet the cable only had 15 stations and the ac was too cold.lol .of course I'm being a smart ass.

on the seroius tip i respect you guys and all those on the front line.
                Last edited by bklynbronco; 08-13-2008, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sixoneseven12 View Post
                  To the naysayers: You do realize that basic offensive and defensive schemes are ran during preseason, right? The Broncos aren't trying to completely tip their hand by exposing their regular season blitz packages, formations, etc... The preseason is a time for optimism, enjoy it.

Anyway, I see the Broncos finishing above 5 hundo. As a realtistic/optimist, I see the season breaking down like this:

Wk. 1 @ OAK- W
                  Wk. 2 vs SD- L
                  Wk. 3 vs NO- W
                  Wk. 4 @ KC- L
                  Wk. 5 vs TB- W
                  Wk. 6 vs JAX- L
                  Wk. 7 @ NE- L
                  BYE
                  Wk. 9 vs MIA- W
                  Wk. 10 @ CLE- L
                  Wk. 11 @ ATL- W
                  Wk. 12 vs OAK- W
                  Wk. 13 @ NYJ- W
                  Wk. 14 vs KC- W
                  Wk. 15 @ CAR- W
                  Wk. 16 vs BUF- W
                  Wk. 17 @ SD- L

To me, the second half of the schedule looks really favorable and 10-6 is possible.
                  Good thing Broncos have an easy schedule, according to your estimate they won't be beating anyone had a strong team last year except maybe tampa.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                    Why are you concerned about Champ and Bly? McCree is our best player? Based on what? Oh right...a preseason game
                    I am concerned that Champ's injury is more than what is being published (just a feeling). Not may people can fill Champ's shoes, hence my concern for a huge drop off in that position.

McCree played well and hungry in last week's game, he stood out to me as well as Woodward.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

8-8 is looking pretty good now.

If we dump Bly now, who are we going to find to replace him? First we have to replace Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                        Good thing Broncos have an easy schedule, according to your estimate they won't be beating anyone had a strong team last year except maybe tampa.
                        I don't think the road games at Carolina or San Diego are games that we will win. Also, the home game with Buffalo and the away game at Atlanta are probably games that we have less than a 50% chance of winning. I think 9-7is very likely, and it could be as bad as 8-8, and probably no better than 10-6.

I think the sober headed people here realized at the beginning of the year that we were still rebuilding, and that our shot at a championship would probably be in about 2-3 years. Honestly, if we finish 8-8, or even 7-9 it might be a blessing in disguise. We have rebuild the offense for years to come through the draft, and now it is time to do so for the defense.
                        Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 10-22-2008, 10:29 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                        X