Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think are the best message posters on this board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that sounds like Jared. Always flying off the handle, stomping his feet, and throwing tantrums.

Listen, Jared has been THE voice of reason since day one on these boards. I deal with him regularly when we have to discuss some of the posts we see on this board, and he always keeps a level head. I really don't think he ever gets "Mad" at anyone, with the possible exception of Aardwolf, but I'll give him a mulligan on that every time.

Comment

Obviously, the best poster is yours truly.

I'm the only one you can count on to tell the truth every time and to have actually checked my facts first.

Now, I know a lot of you don't like the truth and/or can't handle the truth. I'm sorry but that really not MY problem.

I call it like I see it and as you have seen, when I predict future events I have a pretty strong track record of getting it right.

I warned you that the signing of Gardner was a MAJOR blunder and I doubt that anyone would say I was wrong about that one. Yet there was nearly universal disagreement at the time.

I warned you that the Broncos would have problems with their aging receiver corps and that had also proven to be true.

I warned you that expectations for a 10+ win season were unrealistic, given the simple fact that the Bronco's have only average overall talent. I warned you that 9 wins was the best possible scenario and that 7-9 was most likely. That seems to be playing out, as well.

I'm sorry if you don't like to hear the TRUTH about our beloved Broncos but it's not MY fault the TRUTH is not any better than it is. Don't shoot the messenger just because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. Shoot the person who CAUSED it to be the truth. Mike Shanahan is to blame for the Bronco's mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Aardwolf
        I warned you that expectations for a 10+ win season were unrealistic, given the simple fact that the Bronco's have only average overall talent. I warned you that 9 wins was the best possible scenario and that 7-9 was most likely. That seems to be playing out, as well.

I'm sorry if you don't like to hear the TRUTH about our beloved Broncos but it's not MY fault the TRUTH is not any better than it is. Don't shoot the messenger just because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. Shoot the person who CAUSED it to be the truth. Mike Shanahan is to blame for the Bronco's mediocrity.
        Preach on brother. You're 100% correct.

Comment

Re: Who do you think are the best message posters on this board?

Originally posted by broncobuc
          Being in the holiday spirit makes me wonder who you all think are the Best posters?
          When does being in the holiday spirit make someone curious as to who is everybody's favorite forum poster is? Are you trying to see how you rank among posters?

Comment

And so, he arrives once again.

On a low note of course.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
            - Carl Sagan

Comment

I was reading your CP vs PH posts, and yes, your posts were valid. He did over react. No arguement with you at all.

(I also just asked you to take to to private message if your going to wander THAT far off topic...it seems it is getting personal now, and while you can be as personal as you want, I feel you are both way off the thread topic now.)

Secondly, I asked booher what exactly he was referring to, and I haven't yet gotten an answer. I think someone else may have deleted something, but since I am the most active moderator, he assumed me. Maybe a misunderstanding, but I am trying to figure out when I have even had a discussion with him about anything that may have offended him. Looking through all my posts, nothing so far.

But your point about trolls is a good one. I guess my definition of trolls is just that they are more extreme than in your definiton. Its a matter of opinion. I never defended him. I said that it was ok to dislike him, since booher seemd to think that for some reason disliking him wasn't allowed (which again, I never remember saying), so when he (? I assume) gets back to me, maybe we can figure that out. Being allowed to dislike someone is not the same as me defending him. I never said I liked Horseface either. I am neutral to him. There are far worse people who I/we (moderators) need to take care of. Like those who come on and say ridiculous and obviously inflammatory things just to see what will happen. I always hope they will be ignored, since it is obvious they want to essentially start a flame war, but usually people respond, and then I get into thsi whole editing/warniong mode even with Bronco fans, because they end up saying something just as vulgar or inflammatory as the troll. Being disliked or not liking the the Broncos is not the definiton of a troll, in my opinion. I have no feel for his character as a person because I don't know him as a person. I only know about him as it regards to football, the Cheifs, the Broncos, and yes, his dislike for Return of Lava, based on his posts. But those two ALWAYS snipe, and since neither one is particularly vulgar or foul-mouthed, let them snipe all they want. Its actaually quite entertaining.

So I can certainly talk to Steve about how to define a troll, but the flip side of that is I already feel that we do way too much moderating, and I would hate to have to start acting even more like an Orwellian big-brother than I already feel I am at times. Too much moderation can be just as unpleasant as a completely unmoderated forum.

Your input is always appreciated.

Also glad to see that you HAD a problem with me, thus meaning past tense. I don't care if people don't like me, but I hate things being unresolved.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
                See, I need to work on my brevity. I guess my long-windedness is what got me this nickname, eh?

You made the point I was trying to make, and you did so much more quickly:

The very definition of a troll is someone who comes here to talk about another team or to bash ours.

Thanks for the support.

I guess I would just argue that discussing another team is ok with me. We do have a place for it here, under "non-Broncos". It all depends on the tone. And without some friction, this place would be very boring, I think.

And yes, bashing is bad. I try to move as much of it as I can to the 'smack talk' forum, but I am overwhelmed, and miss a lot. I do have two jobs ya know! The only one who can delete accounts is Steve, so moving/editing posts is my only recourse.

Comment

Any time, any way, any how. I come to this forum to enjoy.

Comment

Aardwolf is the Best

Aardwolf is under-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                      IAnd without some friction, this place would be very boring, I think.
                      I agree. This board is hella fun. I don't know if I've laughed more at my responses or the ones directed at me and/or others.

The KC board is more serious than here, that's why I like to come here. I seriously hope no one takes anything too personal in here. Football is just a game and there's more to life than football, though my wife will tell you I'm lying about that statement (she calls herself a "football widow").

Comment

Yeah, but the KC fans don't really stop to take a look at the rules about posting, as is evident by the rampant KC topics (and yes, some of them ARE started by us).

Hey...by the way, I OFFERED to help, but Steve didn't want my help.
                        Well, KC fans aren't the only ones. Most 'visitors' head straight for "general discussions". So, I dunno. Maybe we need to figure out an electronic way to route newbies through the code of conduct when they sign up.

I am not the webmaster either, so I am not sure how to go about doing that either.

Comment

Hope your family managed to stay clear of the fires, J.

Man, do I miss home.

Eat some In 'N Out for me, will you bruh?
                          The fires DID actually hit Miramar. I smell the scorched earth everytime I stop to get gas at the Autoport. But I do not live there, so yes, I was clear. Poway, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo, Scripps Ranch, et al, were all slammed. I do not live near there.

I have tried to get In 'N Out like 8 times, and I leave because I am discouraged by the lines. Is that place ever NOT busy?

As for the rest of your post, I guess I am just not smart enough to figure out the point. I mean, I see it, and I know you are not a psycho, but we can't all go around hoping that we don't offend a psycho. We might as well not leave the house.

Wait, I already never leave the house on days off....soo......

auuggghhh.... hypocrisy gets me again! Must flagellate myself.

Let me be the first to wish everyone who is Jewish a happy Hanaukah (did I spell that right?) I know it is coming up soon.

Christmas just around the corner. Need to realize that it is December. No cold weather to trigger my feeble brain out here.
                          Last edited by Jared; 12-01-2003, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHIEFSFAN
                            I agree. This board is hella fun. I don't know if I've laughed more at my responses or the ones directed at me and/or others.

The KC board is more serious than here, that's why I like to come here. I seriously hope no one takes anything too personal in here. Football is just a game and there's more to life than football, though my wife will tell you I'm lying about that statement (she calls herself a "football widow").

Well said.

When you say 'more serious" what do you mean? in which way? I have not visited, so give me an idea.

I think we have fun here.

But I am biased.

Comment

I'm quite certain you see the difference between trolling on an opponent's message board and not leaving the house.

Well of course. That sentence was really there to set up my lame punch line ;-)

Hasn't anyone gotten it yet that I don't take myself THAT seriously?

Goodness, with world getting more and more PC, I should at least be able to make fun of myself, right?
                              Last edited by Jared; 12-01-2003, 06:31 PM.

Comment

The difference, for like the Avogadro's numbereth time, is that this is like you walking into our house and saying something about how we suck.

I ask, in all seriousness ... where else can you go smack around a few Bronco fans, talk a little football ... and also hear Avogadro's number?

Dammit. Now all I can think about is 6.02 x 10(23rd). I'll be up all night. No visions of sugar plums for me ... simply moles the rest of the night. Why did I ever take chemistry in high school?
                                Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Working...
                                X