We Need Alex Gibbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need Alex Gibbs

Sounds like our lines aren't looking so hot so far. Where is Gibbs when we need him? Damn, I miss that guy...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10194054

Originally posted by Denver Post
    If one thing was clear from Wednesday's morning practice it was that the Broncos could have some serious trouble in the trenches against bigger offensive and defensive lines this year. The Broncos' biggest bodies on both sides of the ball were bullied repeatedly by the Cowboys in one-on-one drills. The defensive line had it especially rough, as Tim Crowder, Josh Mallard, Kenny Peterson, John Engelberger and Ebenezer Ekuban all found themselves tossed to the grass by various Cowboys.
    If this continues, I don't see how it won't be a long year. Granted it's still early, but still.

I take it Robertson didn't suit up, or we would be reading about Cowboys on the butts
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

when it came time to team drills the broncos held there own on both sides of the ball, so i am not worried at all. its just the post writers talking fluff like they always do

Comment

We will be alright. Nalen and Holland weren't with the first team. And BOTH Weigman and Nalen didn't practice at all in the evening. No worries. I figure Dennison is the second best person in the league for the O-Line. Gibbs or not, our coaches know the scheme.
        sigpic

Comment

the broncos o-line works as a team. they wont look good in 1 on 1 drills but in 11 on 11 they did fine.

Comment

Given the past problems with our first round lineman drafts, I'm a little worried about Clady. Call me superstitious, but this is one history problem that I really hope we can break with Clady. Please don't be a bust! :paper:

Comment

Originally posted by Bronks Fan View Post
              Given the past problems with our first round lineman drafts, I'm a little worried about Clady. Call me superstitious, but this is one history problem that I really hope we can break with Clady. Please don't be a bust! :paper:

Have no fear on Clady my friend!

Although I do miss Gibbs (and Kubiak)

Comment

This article doesn't really bother me..Thats why players practice...The Cowboys are one of the top teams in the NFL..The Broncos behind Cutler have the potential to be one of they best for many years to come..Much like the same way Manning and Brady has dominated the NFL for many years and before that the likes of Elway,Montana,Kelly...etc...
                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                  the broncos o-line works as a team. they wont look good in 1 on 1 drills but in 11 on 11 they did fine.
                  Word.

Gibbs would do bugger all for our lines in 1-on-1 drills. As long as the unit can move in concert, we'll be fine this year.

Hey, if we did have Alex Gibbs here then none of our linemen would be over 295...that'd be another month of sledging for poor old Montrae
                  sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Alex Gibbs is coaching with the Texans apparently. Check this out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/team?team=hou

Scroll down to the Scout's Inc. Analysis under "strengths".

Damnit - I wish we had him back.

Comment

Our line is playing better than the Texans'.
                      KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

When Alex Gibbs' tenure was winding down with the Broncos he was already in semi-retirement mode. He worked the sidelines on gameday and helped with the game plan but that was it. It was also understood that he was only doing this for a year and then was going to retire permanently. He mentored and helped the young firey Dennison. Then all of the sudden he decided he wanted to return full time after Shanny gave the reins to Dennison. Who wants a coach if his heart is no longer 100% into it even if he's a good coach?

Our line is not designed to bull the competition. It works as a unit and always has since the zone blocking scheme was adopted. We finnish towards the top in the league in rushing yards every season even after Gibbs' departure and people still are calling for him. I don't get it.

Did you not watch the game where we handled Dallas? Keep in mind that Clady is our first true LT...he will be great!
                        " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

O-Line size is over-rated.

The Cowboys have been the biggest O-Line in the NFL for several years now....how many Super Bolwes have they won lately?

In SB XXXII, the Green Bay Packers D-Line was much bigger than our O-Line, and we crushed them.

The 49ers had the smallest lines in the NFL when they were winning Super Bowls.

The Patriots O-Line was not the biggest when they won their three SB's.

It's all about having a solidified, cohesive unit. Ours has been undergoing change over the last few seasons. Shanahan has said Clady and Harris will be the OT's 'for a long time'...well, that's the first time you can say that around Dove Valley during the Shanahan tenure. They finally have started to invest in the O-Line, and it will pay off. Chris Kuper is also going to be around for a while....now you are starting to build a unit that will stay together and develop.

The Bronco O-line is going to be real good, real soon and will be as good as it has been since the Super Bowl days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronks Fan View Post
                            Alex Gibbs is coaching with the Texans apparently. Check this out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/team?team=hou

Scroll down to the Scout's Inc. Analysis under "strengths".

Damnit - I wish we had him back.
                            How's Houston's line doing right now, what with their 2.2 ypc average in the preseason or whatever.

Comment

i say we bring in Indianapolis's D-line coach to Coach our D-line and thats it because this guy knows how to build a good d-line out of average players not including freeney but imagine if he got moss and crowder doing what the indianpolis's line does now and that is always get pressure

Comment

Working...
                              X