What a difference a week makes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a difference a week makes!

Last week, half the board was in depression mode with some us pointing out that we shouldn't get so down over just a preseason game. But this week half the board is ecstatic and talking about the Broncos being unstoppable with some us pointing out that we shouldn't get too nuts over just a preseason game.

Seriously, I'm optimistic about our chances of improving this year but we do need to keep in mind that the regular season is a whole different ball of wax. Signs are looking up compared to last preseason but we still need to show that the Cowboys game was not an illusion.

That being said... GO BRONCOS!!!
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Typical message board drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
      Last week, half the board was in depression mode with some us pointing out that we shouldn't get so down over just a preseason game. But this week half the board is ecstatic and talking about the Broncos being unstoppable with some us pointing out that we shouldn't get too nuts over just a preseason game.

Seriously, I'm optimistic about our chances of improving this year but we do need to keep in mind that the regular season is a whole different ball of wax. Signs are looking up compared to last preseason but we still need to show that the Cowboys game was not an illusion.

My opinion has not changed....10-6,9-7....we will have a shot at the Playoffs, and if we can beat the Jets and the Browns or the Jaguars, we will get in.

Comment

my money is on 11-5 if we stay healthy.

Iron never lies

Yesterday you said tomorrow.

10 Sacks this season.

Comment

Guys, seriously, let's be realistic with these win/loss predictions.

13-3 is the worst we will do.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post

dot

Originally posted by BroncoNation818 View Post
            my money is on 11-5 if we stay healthy.
            Agreed. I said 10-6 at worst with the highest probably being 12-4, maybe more.

Originally posted by SimonSteele View Post
            Guys, seriously, let's be realistic with these win/loss predictions.

13-3 is the worst we will do.

**** that, if were gonna be realistic I see nothing less then 19-0 and Cutler throwing 75 TDs this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe View Post
              dot

Agreed. I said 10-6 at worst with the highest probably being 12-4, maybe more.

**** that, if were gonna be realistic I see nothing less then 19-0 and Cutler throwing 75 TDs this year.
              Lol on that, hearing 19-0 and Cutler throwing 75 tds made me crack up. I would be ecstatic if that happen but you throwin out that sarcasism made me laugh.

Comment

It's like a darn roller coaster of emotions here! And that's what is to be expected! I think as the team gets more balanced as the season progresses, people will calm down a little! Porbably get more optomistic! I'm definately more excited now than when the season began with the draft!!
                Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                  Hey, what else can we discuss??! This is great stuff!
                  Haze gray and underway!

Comment

I think after hearing all the moans and groans about how our team was 'pushed around' during the scrimmages that people wanted to see HOW we truly held up to a dallas team. Many of the ... uhmmm..... pessimistic persuasion were saying that this would be a MUCH bigger and better test of the "physicality" of our team. Many here were saying that we are 'soft' and that the Cowboys will be a bigger PROVING ground than the Houston Texans.

So when we proved to hold our own, thats a HUGE boon for our confidence. Imagine what that does for our players if its this much for the fans? Personally, I thought it at least gives us a bit of 'hope' that the team won't be completely aweful despite some around here that only see the doom and gloom.

Comment

I'm just glad to see better tackling and players rushing to the ball. Looks like players are buying into the system and starting to gel. It doesn't have the same vibe as last years pre-season and thank god we're much improved in rush defense!!

Pass rush is still a big question mark but the offensive line is looking much better. Need to cut down on the penalites and let Cutler pick his plays downfield.

Love the improvement and looking forward to the games that count.

Comment

you know as well as i do jav it will only get worse before it gets better.....

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                          you know as well as i do jav it will only get worse before it gets better.....
                          Or in this case, it's getting better before it gets worse again.
                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic
                          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                            Or in this case, it's getting better before it gets worse again.

SO TRUE.....i hate to say it but it really is because of the noobs.....i looked back at some of my newbie post and was ashamed.........

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                              SO TRUE.....i hate to say it but it really is because of the noobs.....i looked back at some of my newbie post and was ashamed.........
                              How far back did you really have to go...

Be honest...

Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic
                              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X