What a difference a week makes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    How far back did you really have to go...

Be honest...

post number 2002...lol

Comment

My prediction still hasnt changed.... I am still seeing this team in the 4-6 win area...... One preseason game isnt going to sway me on way or the other.....But they definatly played a good game. Was it me or did it seem like the Officials wanted to win Player of the Game honors? I mean come on let them play.

Cutler was great like we figured he would be, I like that he kept picking on the rookie...But in Dallas's defense thier starting corners didnt start..

Pass blocking was solid, not great, but there were a few times that Cutler had to rush it a bit....but over all a very good effort agianst a very good D front....We need to get a chip on the backers though

Run blocking I thought was pretty bad...there were no real holes...I really think that this could become a problem...I have thought for years that since Gibbs and a lot of his students have left our R blocking has suffered...Now I think it might be better for us to go to a more traditional man blocking scheme, and beef up our LG and C

RB....Selvin seems like he cant break a tackle for the life of him....first contact and down...Hall showed a lot of heart and I think did a great job

WR.....Did a great job.....I would have liked to see marshall running more down the field stuff, but you cant fault him he runs what he is told

Dline....did ok... still no preasure agianst the number ones...Dumms sack was a coverage sack...Run D was ok...the #1 ran effectivly, but they were more concerned with throwing the ball....But overall I say another nice effort, but we need some pass rush

LBs not named DJ.....yuck

LB named DJ.....great job making plays on the backside

DB's did a nice job tackling and keeping everything in front of him.... Yeah foxy got burned, but the bigger guy just made the play...he had good position..... JW come on that pick was just a horrible throw, yeah he played well...but enough with the Foxy sucks JW should be ahead of him talk

K....I am just nervious .....is he going to miss a kick every game?
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

I must say..I have more of a positive attitude when the Broncos win and stay healthy even if it is just preseason...Considering the way the game went last year ... I thought this was a great test for them and they more then met my expectations..
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I simply think this team is better in several ways. Obviously the QB. Having his second year under Jay's belt is big. Now things start to become more instinct and less thinking. His 4th season will really show that, but this is a big step. Not to mention Jay is more likely not to wear down towards the end of the season now with his condition under control.

Our defense is better. The defensive system alone is making a step towards that. Dumervile, Moss, Thomas, Crowder....and even Bly.. now have a second season with our team (I mention Bly because Champ had a poor season with us his first season. Coming in to take over the play of a MURDERED teammate, puts a lot of pressure on a guy. Champ felt a lot of pressure coming in after being involved in one of the biggest trades ever. I think now that Bly is an established teammate, that will help settle him down a bit).

Our Safeties ARE better.

Our OL.. is better simply because of the injured being back.

WRs are better. I mean better than how they were most of the season last year, and not how they started out. But a healthy Marshall, Stokely, and Royal is a lot better than a Marshall, Stokely, and Martinez.

We haven't shown to be 'terrible' in the pre-season games like last year. Last year we tried our hardest to turn the blind-eye and say "its only pre-season." Although its STILl only pre-season, we look better. People were scared to death that we weould be embarrassed and pushed around by dallas with our team that shows "No physicality." yet not only were we NOT pushed around, we did the pushing.

Still no reason to believe that this team will have one of the worse records in Denver's last 30 years of having a 4-6 wins.

Comment

So...you're saying I can hang up the Suicide Hotline? They have me on hold right now.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
              So...you're saying I can hang up the Suicide Hotline? They have me on hold right now.
              Ooh... don't.

It's really hard to get a seat there.

Wait... what are we talking about?
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Ooh... don't.

It's really hard to get a seat there.

Wait... what are we talking about?
                Always in motion is the future. Mind what you have learned; save you it can! Don't give in to the Dark Side!

What? Who said that? Oh baby, how you been?

Hmm. I think I'm helping derail my own thread.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                  Always in motion is the future. Mind what you have learned; save you it can! Don't give in to the Dark Side!

What? Who said that? Oh baby, how you been?

Hmm. I think I'm helping derail my own thread.
                  That's it....

I'm calling the mods.
                  Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic
                  Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

That's it....

I'm calling the mods.
                    Whoa, I'm outta here then! Good night! :wave:
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

So wait....the skys not falling...?

Comment

Still on hold

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                          Still on hold
                          Maybe they are trying to tell you something...

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                            Maybe they are trying to tell you something...
                            Well, the song thats playing is "Don't Stop Believing" so you may be right

And I believe I'm eventually going to get to talk to someone!

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                              My prediction still hasnt changed.... I am still seeing this team in the 4-6 win area...... One preseason game isnt going to sway me on way or the other.....But they definatly played a good game. Was it me or did it seem like the Officials wanted to win Player of the Game honors? I mean come on let them play.

Cutler was great like we figured he would be, I like that he kept picking on the rookie...But in Dallas's defense thier starting corners didnt start..

Pass blocking was solid, not great, but there were a few times that Cutler had to rush it a bit....but over all a very good effort agianst a very good D front....We need to get a chip on the backers though

Run blocking I thought was pretty bad...there were no real holes...I really think that this could become a problem...I have thought for years that since Gibbs and a lot of his students have left our R blocking has suffered...Now I think it might be better for us to go to a more traditional man blocking scheme, and beef up our LG and C

RB....Selvin seems like he cant break a tackle for the life of him....first contact and down...Hall showed a lot of heart and I think did a great job

WR.....Did a great job.....I would have liked to see marshall running more down the field stuff, but you cant fault him he runs what he is told

Dline....did ok... still no preasure agianst the number ones...Dumms sack was a coverage sack...Run D was ok...the #1 ran effectivly, but they were more concerned with throwing the ball....But overall I say another nice effort, but we need some pass rush

LBs not named DJ.....yuck

LB named DJ.....great job making plays on the backside

DB's did a nice job tackling and keeping everything in front of him.... Yeah foxy got burned, but the bigger guy just made the play...he had good position..... JW come on that pick was just a horrible throw, yeah he played well...but enough with the Foxy sucks JW should be ahead of him talk

K....I am just nervious .....is he going to miss a kick every game?

You do realize everything you typed is = to at least 9-10 win's...

Tell me a team that has every position nailed?

I still dont know how you get 4to 6 wins in that weak of a schedule...

We would get 4 to 6 wins if we played the Pats 16 straight at New England.

We are improved, and we already had this discussion before...But we have,

and that is > than 7 wins...

Our first team O is really fool proof we will score 24 to 28 pts a game our D

will end up in the middle of the pack and our ST will be top 10...
                              sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

That's it....

I'm calling the mods.
                                Someone call a mod?
                                sigpic
                                Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                                -Sean Payton

Comment

Working...
                                X