• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• str8jacket
    replied
    Originally posted by draco193 View Post
    With all the drunks there at 2 am, it cna feel liek one sometimes
    I've never noticed any drunks there that early in the morning...granted my focus may be all on silencing my munchie craving...who knows?

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    I definitely agree with the majority saying Niko is a step late to the play every time it seems. He is nt as fast as I thought, but one thing i notice he is good at, is shedding blockers. Rarely did the cowboys run up the middle, but watching him run he looks like John Lynch to me. Same heavy-footed running style

Leave a comment:

• draco193
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
    since when did IHOP turn into a bar. maybe i just havent been there in a while
    With all the drunks there at 2 am, it cna feel liek one sometimes

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
    I watched that too. After watching the game again, all I saw him do was pretty much play cheerleader on the field. he watches DJ and Winbourn make the tackle and celebrate. But I'm still gonna give him 1 more game before I start to think bad things about him.
    That mighty big of you considering the entire defense is learning a new system......

Leave a comment:

• SunDevil_Jake
    replied
    Obviously Shanahan gets paid the big bucks to make those decisions (as a fan, I still have yet to receive any paychecks from Pat Bowlen), but he obviously must see something that many of us don't.

I've been watching Niko closely and I am NOT impressed. Maybe he's better at making defensive calls, but I have yet to see him do anything else on the field. It seems like he's always the guy running on screen AFTER the tackle is made, gently putting his hands on the ball-carrier's back. Not once have I seen the "mean streak" he was reported to have.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Shanny also liked Daryl Gardner... until he got into a bar fight, broke his hand, and called Shanahan a "little man".

But, this relationship and player effectiveness is already ahead of Gardner.
    since when did IHOP turn into a bar. maybe i just havent been there in a while

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    Well if Shanny likes him ......that makes one of us....He has to say that he likes him, the guy is to proud to adit that we took a shot with him and missed big
    you m ean like gardner, and the players we pulled in last season via FA? You mean like the RB we drafted? Like all these players we kept despite them being mistakes leads you to believe Shanahan would only say nice things to save face????

Leave a comment:

• Aija
    replied
    The little I've seen of him has not been impressive. He jsut seems lost out there. Not the kind of guy you need leading your deffense.

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    Coo

Toe

Vee

Deez

Fo

Sho!

Leave a comment:

• axx
    replied
    i was kindve backing this guy when we first got him. i know his coverage skills are limited with lack of speed but i thought he can contribute on run d.

however i noticed on 2 plays against dallas he tried stop the player in the backfield rather than cutting the outside lane so the runner moves inside to run support. i wasnt happy when he did that. his too slow.

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    What i saw Niko doing was clogging rushing lanes and taking on blockers and allowing DJ and company to make a play... He is not Al Wilson by far but he is doing something. We have done pretty well against the run so far in the preseason and Niko has helped to do that.

Leave a comment:

• PaperBagBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
    I watched that too. After watching the game again, all I saw him do was pretty much play cheerleader on the field. he watches DJ and Winbourn make the tackle and celebrate.
    Exactly!

Hell they could hire me for 1/4 of that paycheck and toss some orange pom poms on to boot.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Yes, and I am not trying to start a "hate Niko" thing, I'm just describing what I have seen so far. I did not see 1 exciting play where he shows why we brought him here. Woodyard, for example, has been chasing the ball carrier like crazy, trying to make every tackle. He missed some tackles, okay, but he is working hard to show his value.

Leave a comment:

• DenverSpark
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I really don't know what Niko has shown, he is pretty much watching someone else's tackle in the highlights.
    I watched that too. After watching the game again, all I saw him do was pretty much play cheerleader on the field. he watches DJ and Winbourn make the tackle and celebrate. But I'm still gonna give him 1 more game before I start to think bad things about him.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    I really don't know what Niko has shown, he is pretty much watching someone else's tackle in the highlights.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X