Kern or Paulescu ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kern or Paulescu ??

I noticed they both had some good, long, high punts and in my opinion both are an upgrade. But we're not going to carry 2 punters on the roster, so who does it come down to?

On the one hand, Kern was was quick to react to the blocked punt and run it. On the other hand Paulescu pinned one inside the 5. (I think that's how it went? Correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, who is better at holding for Prater on field goals?

So, just wanted to see who Broncos Country favored.
    Sam Paulescu
    45.71%
    Brett Kern
    48.57%
    Someone else
    5.71%
    Last edited by Bronco_Hyde; 08-17-2008, 10:01 PM.

Way too close to call right now. Paulescu had some good punts, an a great tackle on Pacman. Kern was heads up, and boomed a couple of punts himself. Both are playing great, and want to make this team.
    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

I was really thinking Paulescu had it locked up but Kern has really impressed me lately, i'm still sticking with Paulsecu but Kern has made this much more interesting
      sigpic

Comment

Did we have Pescalau(sp) last year and he SUCKED. Had a bunch of horrible short punts because he hit it off the side of his foot. I don't know they both look about the same to me in pre season.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
          Did we have Pescalau(sp) last year and he SUCKED. Had a bunch of horrible short punts because he hit it off the side of his foot. I don't know they both look about the same to me in pre season.
          Paulescu was with us for only the Vikings game and he had a net average of 40 yards and a coffin corner in the 5.

You are thinking of either Sauerbrun (out of football for now) or Ernster (trying out for the Steelers last I heard).

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
            Youre thinking of Ernster
            sigpic

Comment

I'm backing Brett Kern. He was a couple yards away from pinning the ball at the 1 yardline but it sailed just a little too far out of bounds into the endzone.

Comment

I think they are both very good and you really cant go wrong with either one. I guess if I had to pick one it would be Paulescu, but its really just a toss up.

I'm more concerned with Prater's FG kicking though.
                sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

So far they've both impressed me, but Kern kicked the *Profanity Filter* out of the ball last night......

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                    Paulescu was with us for only the Vikings game and he had a net average of 40 yards and a coffin corner in the 5.

You are thinking of either Sauerbrun (out of football for now) or Ernster (trying out for the Steelers last I heard).
                    You are right it was Ernster thnx.
                    sigpic

Comment

They've both got good legs, Paulescu's a little more directional.

I wouldn't be surprised if the loser ends up on the PS. We've kept K/P on there before and it's good insurance and a motivator for whoever's on the roster.
                      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I would take Kern. He seems to have a bit of a stronger leg. Besides, when a punter can scoop up a blocked punt and run it for a long first down, how can you not give the job to him? He also kicked a 63 yarder that netted 54 yards.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I'm going to vote for Kern simply because we don't need anymore difficult to pronounce names

Comment

I'd go with the better holder for field goals. And if they're both equally good at everything, go with the guy with the lower salary!

Comment

I voted for Kern but it could have been for Paulescu just as easily. This is a really good problem to have.

Comment

Working...
                              X