The numbers game and where the take us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The numbers game and where the take us

Ok guys I just want to know what you think the stats will be for our starters by seasons end. I'm just wonder how high our expectations are for each player.

Defense.
    DJ=115 tackles-2ints-3sacks-3ff
    Champ=90 tackles-5ints-1touchdown
    Doom=10sacks
    Moss and Crowder combine for 10
    Hamza=5picks
    Bly=4picks

I have no idea about Webster, Boss, Niko, McCree, Robertson, Thomas

Offense
    Cutler=4100yards-24touchdowns-12ints-175rushing yards
    Marshal=11touchdowns-1150yards-110catches
    Royal=40catches-550yards-4touchdowns
    Scheffler/Graham=60catches-800yards-10touchdowns
    RBBC=2300yards-10touchdowns-400rec yards

The team record Minimum8-8 Maximum11-5

Chop it up

Originally posted by bleedbluorange View Post
    Ok guys I just want to know what you think the stats will be for our starters by seasons end. I'm just wonder how high our expectations are for each player.

Defense.
    Doom=10sacks
    Hamza=5picks
    Bly=4picks

Offense

Chop it up
    If the recievers are all catching from Jay, youve got too many TDS (25 caught, 24 thrown).
    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
      If the recievers are all catching from Jay, youve got too many TDS (25 caught, 24 thrown).
      Oh nice job Draco you nailed him!!!

Comment

My bad.....I read that Royal can really throw the ball. So I'm accounting for atleast one trick play. No I'm kidding. I didnt even add it up. I'm surprised I was that close. Any other td's and yards go to stokley.

Comment

Thats really common on predictions and expectations. You guess how many TDs a QB is going to throw total, but you don't REALLY know how many each player is going to catch.. so you simply give a number that feels about right for that players average/ability/potential..... and do that with each player. If you ar near the right total for the QB, then one receiver may get more or less TDs than expected and another .. probably an unexpected player... will catch more or less.

Thats pretty common in any site you see.. especially fantasy football sites/publications.

Comment

Defense.
            Doom=10sacks
            Hamza=5picks
            Bly=4picks

Offense

Chop it up
            I do think this is a bit on the fair weather side but hope you are right. You have the Broncos going for like 6500 yards of total offense. The problem?

New England 6580 last season was like an NFL record, right? Rare company you have us with!

Comment

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
              Oh nice job Draco you nailed him!!!
              I wasnt trying to do anything negative. I just noticed they didnt add up. Rav's and bbo's explanations puts it as to why the totals didnt match. You see a lot of people around here that really stat out exactly what each person will have. I thought he might have been doing the same, and made an error.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
                I do think this is a bit on the fair weather side but hope you are right. You have the Broncos going for like 6500 yards of total offense. The problem?

New England 6580 last season was like an NFL record, right? Rare company you have us with!
                Maybe the rushing yards are a bit much. I think my reciever and QB numbers are cool. But our RBBC is a mystery to me. I dont know what we'll get outta them.

Comment

I hope everyone gets those numbers...

I will say though, that for Marshall to get those kind of numbers with less than 15 geames will be very very impessive.
                  KEEP THE BLUE SIDE UP

Comment

Maybe the rushing yards are a bit much. I think my reciever and QB numbers are cool. But our RBBC is a mystery to me. I dont know what we'll get outta them.
                    I dont think 2300 is too much. We got nearly 2000 last season with a patchwork o line, and numerous injuries to RBs all season.
                    sigpic

Comment

Anyone else got numbers. Or are mine perfect

Comment

Defense.
                        Doom=10sacks
                        Hamza=5picks
                        Bly=4picks

Offense

Chop it up

I'm betting Cutler has closer to 28 TDs and 12 INTs
                        Marshall will have 9 TDs and 85 catches, 1100 yrds
                        Royal will have closer to 55 catches and 4 TDs
                        Scheffler/Graham will have 70 catches and 8 TDs
                        RBs will have another 3-4 receiving TDs
                        Stokely will have 50 catches 5 TDs
                        Last edited by Ravage!!!; 08-18-2008, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          I'm betting Cutler has closer to 28 TDs and 12 INTs
                          Marshall will have 9 TDs and 85 catches, 1100 yrds
                          Royal will have closer to 60 catches and 4 TDs
                          Scheffler/Graham will have 70 catches and 8 TDs
                          RBs will have another 3-4 receiving TDs
                          Misc. 5 TDs
                          Very close to what I think. Which I think our predictions can be realistic. That would translate into a heck of an offense. I think the element that the offense is gonna miss is rushing yards within the ten yard line. Which will put alot of pressure on Jay to score. Prater to for that matter. That's the main reason I am wishing Torain didnt get hurt. On the flip side I think we will be able to score from more big plays than we have in the past. And certainly since Elway.

Comment

Anyone else got numbers. Or are mine perfect
                            Well, besides your TD numbers not matching up, theyre pretty good

I think Jays yardage is a little high, Id put him at 3700-3800. I just dont think we throw the ball that much. TD to INT ratio seems right though. Hopefully its a few more tosses into the end zone, but, 24 aint bad.

Brandon ends up with closer to 100 catches, mostly because he will miss two games, and Jay starts getting comfortable with other recievers. But, he is certainly one of Jay's favorites.

Sheff and Graham look right, that kind of production for our TEs would be great.

RBBC yards look right, probably a lot fewer recieving though. With Brandon's ability, Royal looking good, and the TEs, the back wont get as many opportunities.

Defensivley, I got no clue
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, besides your TD numbers not matching up, theyre pretty good

I think Jays yardage is a little high, Id put him at 3700-3800. I just dont think we throw the ball that much. TD to INT ratio seems right though. Hopefully its a few more tosses into the end zone, but, 24 aint bad.

Brandon ends up with closer to 100 catches, mostly because he will miss two games, and Jay starts getting comfortable with other recievers. But, he is certainly one of Jay's favorites.

Sheff and Graham look right, that kind of production for our TEs would be great.

RBBC yards look right, probably a lot fewer recieving though. With Brandon's ability, Royal looking good, and the TEs, the back wont get as many opportunities.

Defensivley, I got no clue
                              I think you are right about Marshall. The success of other guys will take some of his catches away, plus the suspension. I think our RBBC will have alot of recieving yards because they are gonna have to find different ways to get production out of that group.

Comment

Working...
                              X