Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Bronco collectable or odditiy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite Bronco collectable or odditiy?

As i was going through my Bronco collection yesterday I realized that I have some odd things which got me to thinking what others might have out there. Here a a few of my bronco things worth mentioning:

1. I have the 1988 Super Bowl Champion Denver Bronco Penant. Yes, that is right I have it even though we didn't win the super bowl that year. Rare and in mint condition.
    2. A John Elway vodoo doll that i ripped out of the hands of two chief fans as they were giving John the business and we were losing at the time. I got it out of their hands and we won. He still owes me for that now that i think of it.
    3. The John Elway "The Drive" comic book in mint condition.
    4. A plastic statue of John Elway (still in the box) from many many years ago that when you push a button John Elway's voice explains the plays in "The Drive"
    5. The Pizza Hut place mats from like upteen years ago.
    6. The entire un open collection of Orange Crush with the all the players on different cans. 45 different cans total i think.

So what do you guys have?

If you go to my BroncosCountry space you can see my entire home office is a Bronco Shrine with so many collectables and memorabilia, I can't list them all.

But I would have to say one of the most unique items I have is a John Elway Pinata. LOL.

And NO it was never bashed with a bat.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Nice Stuff....

My favorite is probably my Elway Rookie Card followed by my Champ autographed helmet followed closely by my extensive Broncos card collection.

Anyone else collect cards when they were a kid? Man, it sure isn't what it used to be!

Oddest thing? A beer can commemorating the Superbowl Win over Green Bay (32).
      Thank You theMileHighGuy!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Dude! An Elway pinata that funny as heck and with all the Raider, Chief and (now) Charger fans the fact that you found it before it was bashed in is very odd.

Comment

Love my Broncos lunchbox! Seems like whatever I have for lunch just tastes better when it's packed in that lunchbox.

Most of my memorabilia is clothing. I have sweatshirts, t-shirts, stocking cap, etc.

I have some old Elway jerseys (old style) that I got in the '80s. I also have a new style one that makes appearances on big game days.

I have an antenna topper that hangs in my car (a gift from my boys) that is my favorite after the lunchbox.
          Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
          FF is awesome!

Comment

I haven't really taken a good look at my collectibles lately but my favorite one is my autographed Champ Bailey helmet.
            Originally posted by darth-hideous
            Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
            Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

Originally posted by LastBoyScout View Post
              My favorite is probably my Elway Rookie Card followed by my Champ autographed helmet followed closely by my extensive Broncos card collection.

Anyone else collect cards when they were a kid? Man, it sure isn't what it used to be!

Oddest thing? A beer can commemorating the Superbowl Win over Green Bay (32).
              I quit collecting cards once they started producing millions of the subsets got to expensive and rediculous. I had just over 200 Elway rookie cards all in sealed plastic when my so to be divorced wife broke into my house and stole them all. Then showed up to court driving a near new car she bought from the proceeds. Ouch!
              I'm going through all my stuff cause it appears that i'm going to have to sell some that i can bare to part with in order to help my brother get a much needed surgery. I will face the fact that i am grateful to help him and i'd sell it all if i needed to.
              By the way, does anyone know a good place to sell Bronco memorabilia and cards....please don't say ebay.

Comment

I've got a Sept 1998 TV Guide with Elway on the cover.

sigpic
                \

Comment

I do not have much in the way of Broncos stuff, but I do have an original programme from 1986 when Broncos played the (then) LA Rams in London. I went to that game. I think it was around 1988, when they used to play one game each summer in London or Japan etc.

Comment

Just checked Wiki:

August 9, 1987 Los Angeles Rams 28 Denver Broncos 27 Wembley Stadium London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bowl

Comment

Originally posted by sharp_shepherd View Post
                      I quit collecting cards once they started producing millions of the subsets got to expensive and rediculous. I had just over 200 Elway rookie cards all in sealed plastic when my so to be divorced wife broke into my house and stole them all. Then showed up to court driving a near new car she bought from the proceeds. Ouch!
                      I'm going through all my stuff cause it appears that i'm going to have to sell some that i can bare to part with in order to help my brother get a much needed surgery. I will face the fact that i am grateful to help him and i'd sell it all if i needed to.
                      By the way, does anyone know a good place to sell Bronco memorabilia and cards....please don't say ebay.
                      You know, that's one thing that is missing from these boards, a classified section. The motorcycle forums I frequent have those as sections. I'd think you would get lots of interest if you posted things here. Maybe in orange colored glasses or anything but football sections. Don't know if there are any CoC issues with doing that, though.
                      Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                      FF is awesome!

Comment

Hey Moderators is there any way that we could add a classified section to this forum? Flatlander Fan is right there is so many Bronco collectables that i've wanted to get in the past and i'm sure in the future that only other Bronco fans would have.
                        Please anyone else chime in you think it's a good idea.

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                        You know, that's one thing that is missing from these boards, a classified section. The motorcycle forums I frequent have those as sections. I'd think you would get lots of interest if you posted things here. Maybe in orange colored glasses or anything but football sections. Don't know if there are any CoC issues with doing that, though.

Comment

Post or ask the question in the feedback forum.

And the pinata was a lucky find. We were on our way to a game at ol Mile High and saw this Mexican lady selling that and a bunch of other home made craft stuff. I PROMISED her I would come back after the game and buy it from her as I didn't want to carry it around the stadium.

So after the game, we walk back to her and she had stashed it for me. I was thrilled. And it was the only one as far as I know.

It has really faded over time though but still in tact!
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

The oddest is like a lego set of like the 1977 Broncos....It is just the starters....Have no idea where I got it, but I dont ever remember not having it...
                            The coolest collectable I got....I was in one of the pregame shows before SB32, and I took a clump of grass.....I wanted to steal a piece from the Bronco Endzone but I couldnt get over there...Plus I would have been arrested

I also got 4 Helmets just filled with Bronco signatures....Each Probably has 100 or so. I have obtained them all in person.... I have a friend that is a manager at a hotel in SD, and I always get in and have been able to meet a lot of the late 80's-90's Broncos

Another Sweet thing that I got......Is a picture of me and TD in front of my shrine at my house. My dad lived across the street from TD's mom, and he got her to ask Td to stop by my house for my going away party when I was leaving for Iraq.....That was a awsome day
                            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

chairbacks from mile high stadium.priceless.

Comment

Working...
                              X