Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New #1 rival

I was just thinking...

I dont knw about you guys, but I'm tired of the raiders being our #1 rival. They're not even all that good anymore. I consider the Chargers to be our #1 rival now! They've been talkin smack
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

I agree, they are competition (unlike the faiders) their QB blows and there team doesnt know their place, when was the last time they won a super bowl?????????

Oh Thats Right, NEVER!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Not me. The Chargers are the better team in the division right now.... but rivalry is earned over time. It doesn't just change due to how good a team is. Your HS rival doesn't change year to year based on how good they are or not.

The history just isn't there. The chargers were at the bottom on the AFC West, and bottom of the NFL for so long, that the last 2 years just doesn't make me view them differently.

Comment

I have always thought that the AFC WEst was our biggest rivalry. Why narrow it down to one when we can hate them all??????????
        CMack
        http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2042165

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          Not me. The Chargers are the better team in the division right now.... but rivalry is earned over time. It doesn't just change due to how good a team is. Your HS rival doesn't change year to year based on how good they are or not.

The history just isn't there. The chargers were at the bottom on the AFC West, and bottom of the NFL for so long, that the last 4 years just doesn't make me view them differently.
          Forget history....This is all I need to make them my #1 rival

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSpYLU7Ig0

I was so mad that day!
          Last edited by Return of Lava; 08-20-2008, 10:54 AM.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post

I was so mad when they did that!
            It is extremely hard to express my hate for Phillip "no talent" Rivers :hammer:
            sigpic

Comment

I hate Philip Rivers more than anyone else I know. If he wasn't terrible, he'd at least be able to back up that talk. Now all he is is classless.

However, the Raiders are the biggest rival...it's all about the history with rivals. Not just the breif, last few years when the Chargers have been good enough to compete.

Comment

I'm an equal opportunity hater. I can hate both the raiders and the chargers.

I have to at least respect the raider's history, that's not something I can say about the chargers.

Either way it's a new year, and the chargers still don't have jack squat to show for all their mouthyness

Comment

I consider the Chiefs a bigger rivalry than the Chargers.

The Chargers are good now, but they've been terrible for most of their existence. And I expect that it won't take too long for them to return to their glorious past ways.

But the Chiefs were a good team during the nineties and the early 2000s. They will rebound and be a challenge again. The Raiders have a longer history, but it's also a worse history. I wasn't around in the seventies, but from what I've heard, the Chargers of today don't have anything on the Raiders of the past.

So my biggest rivalry is Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers and then the Cowboys because I'm from New Mexico and you either like the Broncos or Cowboys down there, but if you like the Cowboys, you're evil.
                  My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Most of the young bronco fans have hardly seen the bitterness for the raiders over the years. I remember Rich Gannon completed 34 of 38 passes, but before that i dont remember much about them.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

the only rivalry the chargers currently have in the afc west, is with kc

they can actually beat us

you other two scrubs need to prove something
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post

I was so mad that day!
                        I ****ing hate Rivers. That day made me hate everything about him.
                        sigpic Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Comment

The Raiders still have to be #1. My favorite 2 teams in the NFL are #1: Broncos, #2: whoever is playing the Raiders.

Its a close call for whether i would like to see the Raiders go 0-16 or the Broncos to go 16-0. Plus, most Raiders fans (the real reason I hate that team) either dont know how to spell their name, or dont know what a first down is. Or both. I have literaly been talking to a guy who has said, and I qoute

"I am a raiders fan because my fanbase can beat up your fanbase."

Im not kidding.

The Cheifs rivalry is good, but you got to respect there fansm they are dedicated and knwo what there talking about, plus Arrowhead is still one of the top tailgate sights in the contry, even with the team in the dumpster.

The Chargers are much like the Raiders, except most of there fans can only name 1 or 2 players on the team, and neiter one is Phyllis. Plus, they still suck, "best talent in football" but jsut can't get teh job done.

Comment

Umm, My sig says it all!
                            wait no it doesn't this says it all" Lt is spotting for phillis rivers and LT accidently drops the bar on him, breaks his arm. The chargers get mad because they are stupid enought to believe that Phillis actually makes a difference, so they attack LT to get back at him for hurting phillis and they end up breaking Lt's knee. And the Jay Cutler doesn't have a broken arm, therefore HE's 100% better then Phillis(Even though he already is) and the Chargers will cry because LT is broken and they lose every game. YAYAYAYAYYAY! Oh yeah, and Jamarcus Russel eats McFadden.
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

My grandma was a Raider Hater, my dad, mom aunts & uncles were too...I was born a Raider Hater, it's passed down from Generation to Generation, as now my Nephews are "New Jack Raider Haters"...up until 2.5 years ago, the Chargers were a doormat that the rest of the AFC West (except Seattle) wiped their feet on twice a year.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X