No announcement yet.

New #1 rival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we could go 2-14 with both wins against Oakland, & i would consider that a successful season..
    sigpic

Comment

The Faiders

Originally posted by Shutdown View Post
      I hate Philip Rivers more than anyone else I know. If he wasn't terrible, he'd at least be able to back up that talk. Now all he is is classless.

However, the Raiders are the biggest rival...it's all about the history with rivals. Not just the breif, last few years when the Chargers have been good enough to compete.
      I would have to agree, just looking at the Faiders uniform still turns my stomach and I just want to puke.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        the only rivalry the chargers currently have in the afc west, is with kc

they can actually beat us

you other two scrubs need to prove something
        It's just funny to me that you need "current" rivals at all. Can't build lasting ones, hey? I guess that's what happens who you are awful for 95 percent of your existence...

Comment

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Here ya go then don't let the door hit ya in the arse

Comment

Raiders hands down. I pity the chargers and I respect the chiefs but I hate the Raiders. The Raiders and everything they stand for is pure unadulterated evil.

The only thing I love more than watching the Broncos win is watching the raiders lose.

RaiderH8r4life
            if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

My football team does not have to prove nothing to the chargers, as a rival you mean absolutely nothing to me by all means I know that the chargers are the most talented football team in the past 3 years when you get to a Super bowl please let me know, like I said before the chargers are the Denver Nuggets of the NFL.

Keep winning those division championships I don't give a damn….

The only thing that matters to me are the Six Lamar Hunt trophies I have and the 2 Vince Lombardi trophies that I can polish whenever I want.

The Oakland Raiders Are by far the #1 Team that I Hate we had to earn their respect in the late 70's and 80's
              "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

Every week I have a couple of goals as a fan.....That the Broncos win and that the Raiders lose. I dislike them the most, although New England is catching up rapidly, and the Cowboys are always lurking around. But the Raiders are the main rivalry, and as they get a bit better (no place to go but up!!!), the rivalry will heat up even more.

I don't feel this Charger thing.

Comment

.....are you serious?

the Raiders are and will always be Denver's #1 rival. Just because a team has been good these past couple years DOESN'T mean they can take over YEARS and YEARS of tradition.....

Chargers just came out on the bandwagon as of late.....give it a couple years and everything will shift again.....

Besides.....once Al Davis dies the Raiders will be a team to reckon with.....mark my words on that
                  "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                  -The best in the business-

Comment

Originally posted by TheMastermind View Post
                    .....are you serious?

the Raiders are and will always be Denver's #1 rival. Just because a team has been good these past couple years DOESN'T mean they can take over YEARS and YEARS of tradition.....

Chargers just came out on the bandwagon as of late.....give it a couple years and everything will shift again.....

Besides.....once Al Davis dies the Raiders will be a team to reckon with.....mark my words on that
                    Am I serious?

Of course I am. I wasnt around during the 70's and 80's so I'm sure a lot of nasty things were said and done, but based on common sense those players have long since retired. What we're dealing with now is punk QB's taunting us and kickin our butts pretty badly. I was never tied to hating the raiders i could care less if they win or lose around the league, they are not on my radar right now. they havent done anythng malicious lately that i can recall. I have problmes with those saying its a good year of we go 2-14 but both wins came against the raiders. Are YOU serious?

New generation, new rivalries imo.
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                      Not me. The Chargers are the better team in the division right now.... but rivalry is earned over time. It doesn't just change due to how good a team is. Your HS rival doesn't change year to year based on how good they are or not.

The history just isn't there. The chargers were at the bottom on the AFC West, and bottom of the NFL for so long, that the last 2 years just doesn't make me view them differently.
                      Unless the date is September 14th or December 28th...then I'd have to go out on a limb and bet that you view us much differently than the Raiturds and/or Chiefs.

Matters not as we'll mop up on your Donkos again this year.

Go Bolts!
                      Last edited by YouCantTouchLT; 08-20-2008, 12:59 PM.
                      Bolts hand Denver its worst home loss since 1966

"I don't know if I've ever been more embarrassed," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said following a 41-3 home loss to the Chargers, the Broncos third straight defeat against their AFC West rival. "I don't think our players have ever been more embarrassed to put on that type of show." - October 7, 2007
                      http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7112334

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                        Forget history....This is all I need to make them my #1 rival

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSpYLU7Ig0

I was so mad that day!
                        What that doesn't show (and what no one ever seems to bring up) is that your QB was grabbing his crotch and talking smack right before that sequence. Cutler's not exactly innocent here either...deal with it!

I still remember the game where a donkie OL intentionally threw his body at the back of Jamal Williams' knees long after the play was dead...jeopardizing a player's career with cheap shots is something I take much more seriously and one the many reasons why I consider the Donks to be even more reviled than the Raiders.

Comment

Am I serious?

Of course I am. I wasnt around during the 70's and 80's so I'm sure a lot of nasty things were said and done, but based on common sense those players have long since retired. What we're dealing with now is punk QB's taunting us and kickin our butts pretty badly. I was never tied to hating the raiders i could care less if they win or lose around the league, they are not on my radar right now. they havent done anythng malicious lately that i can recall. I have problmes with those saying its a good year of we go 2-14 but both wins came against the raiders. Are YOU serious?

The Broncos are rivals with everyone in the AFC west. That is what makes the division so good. However you can not get rid of the DECADES of venom that have built up between the Raiders and the Broncos just because one of the teams is not that good.

Would you think that the Red Sox should be bigger rivals with the Rays than the Yankees simply because the Yankees have not posed a threat in the last two seasons?

I have never and will never be satisfied with the Raiders being beat. I always want more

Comment

I consider the Chargers a far bigger rival than Oakland. Honestly it's all about the fans and the players - both of which seem to be more heated over Chargers/Broncos than Raiders/Broncos. Especially with how the new generation players battled the past few years, I'd say the Chargers are a far more heated rival than the men in black.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YouCantTouchLT View Post
                              Unless the date is September 14th or December 28th...then I'd have to go out on a limb and bet that you view us much differently than the Raiturds and/or Chiefs.

Matters not as we'll mop up on your Donkos again this year.

Go Bolts!
                              Take it to smack. No one cares what you think. :nono:

Comment

Am I serious?

Even if you just go off the past 10 years, wouldn't the rivalry be with the Chiefs? The Chargers have been good for only a couple of years. They have beaten us the last 2. That is their history right there. Not much more to it than that. Why exactly should Bronco fans care so much about the Chargers and how does 2 seasons create a rivalry in your mind?

It is only "new generation, new rivalries" if you base the new generation as only watching football the past couple of years. There is no way the Chargers vs Broncos will ever have the same history as Broncos vs Raiders and Broncos vs Chiefs. They will need to be good for a lot longer than a couple of years for that to happen.

Edit: I have to add, the Chargers have been our doormats for to many years for me to see them as a big rivalry.
                                Last edited by jhns; 08-20-2008, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X