New #1 rival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3rd&Long View Post
    What that doesn't show (and what no one ever seems to bring up) is that your QB was grabbing his crotch and talking smack right before that sequence. Cutler's not exactly innocent here either...deal with it!
    Yeah Right!!! That would be all over the net as well if that was true...

it would service you well to post a video
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Facts

1. The Chargers have no rival in the AFC West, all the Broncos are good for is 2 wins a year to us

2. No Chargers fan worth his or her salt would take Cutler over Rivers. Cutler is a proven loser, Rivers has a big mouth but backs it up. Your guy is grabbing his crotch while getting his arse kicked on national tv.

3. Your organization outside of Elway has nothing to crow about. Even then he was the biggest choker in sports until a kid from San Diego saved his V*g*n*a. And even then you guys had to cheat to win.

4. The Chargers have never won anything anyway, so why am I talking, I don't know but it's fun. I actually don't mnd Cutler.

I can't figure out why you guys get so worked up over Rivers. Cutler was talking smack, so Rivers talked back. I respect both guys for having some fire. Hopefully this is a bit of a rivalry for years to come. We've taken a beating for so long in Denver and now you guys are so tweaked that we've now got the best of you. Relax. Take your lumps, and in maybe 5 or 6 years you'll be able to take the field against us and stay within 40.

Comment

The chefs are the most hated team for me. Followed by faiders and bolts. The Chargers dont have a coach that will allow them to be at the top of our division for a long period. Their door will be closed after this season, so they better get it done now. The thing with the chargers is that they are trying to win a ring with two hall of fame QB's (in their prime) are in the afc. It'll be tough for them.

We represent the future. Our time is coming.

Comment

hey ravage, i told you that you were in the minority in thinking that the chargers are not a rival.

i wouldn't say we are your biggest rival but definitely rivals, you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise....but i guess everyone has their own opinion.
          sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately one of my really best friends is a fan of the Raiders... so, when we're talking 'bout football it's more like "The Faiders suck", "No, the Broncos suck", "No! The Faiders suck"... so actually we decieded, that we both hate the Chargers.
            But in fact I hate the Raiders most... but anyway, my good buddy and me still can drink a beer together... we then try to talk about anything but football!
            Last edited by shardar; 08-20-2008, 04:38 PM.
            sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              hey ravage, i told you that you were in the minority in thinking that the chargers are not a rival.

i wouldn't say we are your biggest rival but definitely rivals, you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise....but i guess everyone has their own opinion.
              I don't think he's in the minority. I'll make a quick poll. We'll assume the forum is a reasonable cross section of age groups.

Comment

the rivalries between the teams in the afc west are kinda different. the broncos organization has a rivalry with the chiefs and raiders. but those teams are not the current rivals to our players.

the chargers players are without a doubt the #1 rivals in the afc west to the broncos roster. i dont know who started the jawing between rivers and cutler and i dont give a crap. i love that those two are going at it. it makes the games they will play in the future alot more exciting. the fact is those two are in an intense rivalry and i will beat myself to death with a helmet if that is the only patch of tension shared by the locker rooms. the chargers are the number one team i want to beat this year. im fine with being the underdog going into the game. it just makes the satisfaction of winning so much sweeter.
                Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                vs.
                Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Haha

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                  Yeah Right!!! That would be all over the net as well if that was true...

it would service you well to post a video
                  Yeah, like where the F*** did that come from, hahaha Maybe the whole media decided to shy away from that side of the story...

Comment

I was just thinking...

I dont knw about you guys, but I'm tired of the raiders being our #1 rival. They're not even all that good anymore. I consider the Chargers to be our #1 rival now! They've been talkin smack
                    Hey R of L.....hope you didn't mind me starting a poll re: this topic. You are clearly the initiator of this rivalry thread, but I just felt we could settle some of the discussion (from your thread) via a poll. It just hit me that I should make sure that you know why I did it, as opposed to looking like I was the creative source (note: there are too many copy cats out there, and I don't want to be another one!!)

Good topic!

Comment

if we're talking lasting rivalry, it's raiders for everyone in the afc west

they're the team with 3 superbowls

and they didn't cheat the cap for theirs so that's special
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        Not me. The Chargers are the better team in the division right now.... but rivalry is earned over time. It doesn't just change due to how good a team is. Your HS rival doesn't change year to year based on how good they are or not.

The history just isn't there. The chargers were at the bottom on the AFC West, and bottom of the NFL for so long, that the last 2 years just doesn't make me view them differently.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, so i have to admit, i got to ravage's post and stop reading any others. i have to agree 100%. the only thing i want to add is to warn others not to get too cought up in the recent accent of the chargers. they will fall back to thier assumed positon within the division soon enough. we that have been fans of the broncos for a number of years know this to be true. so, don't let yourself lose that hate that you have for the raiders. the chargers deserve some for now, but just don't use it all up on them for it will be wasted in the end.

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

Comment

the chargers are not our rivals. they have not won any meaningful games against us, and they have no history to speak of to be considered a rival. Are they a good team that has won the division the last two years? Yes. But their trophy case is empty except for cobwebs and we have both went to the AFCC game once in the last 3 years, its just that they went most recently.
                          Last edited by Shsonline; 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM.
                          XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

Man we ate crap from the raiders for so long. Chiefs use to beat us too but they weren't nasty about it. When we finally started playing the raiders tough it was like the sun came out. One of my best memories is Tom Jackson making a tackle for a loss running by the Oakland bench and yelling "how'd you like that fat man" at John Madden.
                            Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

I was just thinking...

I dont knw about you guys, but I'm tired of the raiders being our #1 rival. They're not even all that good anymore. I consider the Chargers to be our #1 rival now! They've been talkin smack
                              I agree, but it's a different era. The Chargers are the Broncos #1 Rival in this era.....but overall, the Raiders have always been #1.

The Chargers need a decade or two of playing like they have been, to supplant the Raiders as #1 rival.
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't confuse dislike for a rivalry, I Hate the Ravens, Cowballs, Stealers, Notre Dame Fighting Media Whores and Phylis Rivers......but NONE of them are a Rival......

Comment

Working...
                                X