New #1 rival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    Don't confuse dislike for a rivalry, I Hate the Ravens, Cowballs, Stealers, Notre Dame Fighting Media Whores and Phylis Rivers......but NONE of them are a Rival......
    You're right. But also consider that bitter rivalries usually equate to major dislike:hammer:

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      Don't confuse dislike for a rivalry, I Hate the Ravens, Cowballs, Stealers, Notre Dame Fighting Media Whores and Phylis Rivers......but NONE of them are a Rival......
      Excellent point. I dislike our rivals.. but that doesn't mean I simply think of everyone I dislike as a rival. I certainly dislike the chargers.. and MOST certainly the charger fans around here.... but they still are NOT a rival.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
        I was just thinking...

I dont knw about you guys, but I'm tired of the raiders being our #1 rival. They're not even all that good anymore. I consider the Chargers to be our #1 rival now! They've been talkin smack
        And they're (Chargers) are better!
        Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

and they didn't cheat the cap for theirs so that's special
          wait, is that the thing that the NFL backs you up on?

Comment

Originally posted by CMack View Post
            I have always thought that the AFC WEst was our biggest rivalry. Why narrow it down to one when we can hate them all??????????
            Equally?????Why not! Equal opportunity hater!
            Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
              I'm an equal opportunity hater. I can hate both the raiders and the chargers.

I have to at least respect the raider's history, that's not something I can say about the chargers.

Either way it's a new year, and the chargers still don't have jack squat to show for all their mouthyness
              Plus, we have the coach Al Davis fired after one season!(not even)
              Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
                I consider the Chiefs a bigger rivalry than the Chargers.

The Chargers are good now, but they've been terrible for most of their existence. And I expect that it won't take too long for them to return to their glorious past ways.

But the Chiefs were a good team during the nineties and the early 2000s. They will rebound and be a challenge again. The Raiders have a longer history, but it's also a worse history. I wasn't around in the seventies, but from what I've heard, the Chargers of today don't have anything on the Raiders of the past.

So my biggest rivalry is Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers and then the Cowboys because I'm from New Mexico and you either like the Broncos or Cowboys down there, but if you like the Cowboys, you're evil.
                I know we have a harder time in Arrowhead stadium! I kind of dread playing there every year!
                Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by OC Bronco View Post
                  The Raiders still have to be #1. My favorite 2 teams in the NFL are #1: Broncos, #2: whoever is playing the Raiders.

Its a close call for whether i would like to see the Raiders go 0-16 or the Broncos to go 16-0. Plus, most Raiders fans (the real reason I hate that team) either dont know how to spell their name, or dont know what a first down is. Or both. I have literaly been talking to a guy who has said, and I qoute

"I am a raiders fan because my fanbase can beat up your fanbase."

Im not kidding.

The Cheifs rivalry is good, but you got to respect there fansm they are dedicated and knwo what there talking about, plus Arrowhead is still one of the top tailgate sights in the contry, even with the team in the dumpster.

The Chargers are much like the Raiders, except most of there fans can only name 1 or 2 players on the team, and neiter one is Phyllis. Plus, they still suck, "best talent in football" but jsut can't get teh job done.
                  That used to be my theme! I'm over here in Oxnard CA, and this place reeks of Raider! There are some San Diego fans, but I'm farther north! Alot of gang bangers around here with Raider crap on! San Diego has the better team, but Oakland has the more obnocious fanbase!
                  Haze gray and underway!

Comment

The Raiders are our #1 Rival. The Chargers are our #1 competition.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shutdown View Post
                      I hate Philip Rivers more than anyone else I know. If he wasn't terrible, he'd at least be able to back up that talk. Now all he is is classless.

However, the Raiders are the biggest rival...it's all about the history with rivals. Not just the breif, last few years when the Chargers have been good enough to compete.
                      Really? Hate? wow, pretty strong words. I suppose when you grow up a little you'll probably realize that there are far more important things (and people) in this world to hate, but....maybe not.

Just curious....your statement about Rivers being terrible.....what exactly leads you to say that? I could understand if you don't think he's as good as his record, I could even understand as a Bronco's fan if you think Cutler is better....but Rivers is terrible? really? Terrible?

I don't want to be accused of talking smack in here (like you are) but come on.....you really just come across as jealous.

Comment

Its so funny how you fans talk about the situation on monday night football as if it was all Rivers doing the trash talking. Rivers told Philips and Wilhelm not to go out there because they were "talking when they were losing". Cutler grabs his ****, tells Rivers to suck it, and its all history from there.

I would be mad if Cutler wrecked havoc on the Chargers everytime he played them, but he doesnt. Rivers wrecks havoc on Denver every time the chargers play them, so thats why you hate him.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                          if we're talking lasting rivalry, it's raiders for everyone in the afc west

they're the team with 3 superbowls

and they didn't cheat the cap for theirs so that's special
                          Yeah, whatever!
                          Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by dekal View Post
                            Its so funny how you fans talk about the situation on monday night football as if it was all Rivers doing the trash talking. Rivers told Philips and Wilhelm not to go out there because they were "talking when they were losing". Cutler grabs his ****, tells Rivers to suck it, and its all history from there.

I would be mad if Cutler wrecked havoc on the Chargers everytime he played them, but he doesnt. Rivers wrecks havoc on Denver every time the chargers play them, so thats why you hate him.
                            I can't stand Rivers 'cause he's always beat'n his gums and he don't know when to shut it!
                            Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by dekal View Post

Bingo

When your team isn't playing well, it's always much easier to point the finger at other people..in this case Rivers, as the root of your problems, rather than admit that your team just...well...sucks. The funny thing is, the Chargers only account for two of the Broncos 9 losses last year....and 2 of thier losses the year before. Come on Bronco fans, be fair, spread your hate around a little

Comment

Originally posted by sdinner10 View Post
                                The Raiders are our #1 Rival. The Chargers are our #1 competition.
                                That hits it on the head!:hammer:Good post!
                                Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Working...
                                X