Niko = 2nd String?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niko = 2nd String?

Seems that way going by the Denver Bronco Blog WOOOHOOOO!!!!

8/19/08 "Nate Webster lined up at the middle linebacker position with the first unit defense during 11-on-11s, with D.J. Williams and Jamie Winborn on either side. The defensive line was still John Engelberger, Dewayne Robertson, Marcus Thomas and Elvis Dumervil, and the secondary was Bailey, Bly, Marlon McCree and Marquand Manuel."

I know this is not set in stone but I sure as hell hope so since NIKO looked lost every single time he was out there. Plus we have enough cheerleaders last thing we need is a 240lb one at MLB.

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
    Seems that way going by the Denver Bronco Blog WOOOHOOOO!!!!

8/19/08 "Nate Webster lined up at the middle linebacker position with the first unit defense during 11-on-11s, with D.J. Williams and Jamie Winborn on either side. The defensive line was still John Engelberger, Dewayne Robertson, Marcus Thomas and Elvis Dumervil, and the secondary was Bailey, Bly, Marlon McCree and Marquand Manuel."

I know this is not set in stone but I sure as hell hope so since NIKO looked lost every single time he was out there. Plus we have enough cheerleaders last thing we need is a 240lb one at MLB.
    You say we have enough cheerleaders out on the field..

Yet, Nate Webster is probably one of, if not the most cheerleading like player on the field.

1st and 10... a stop!

2nd and 5... YEAH BABY! "Pick up helmet"

Comment

Personally, I'm hoping Spencer Larsen will show us something special soon.
      sigpic

Comment

Niko's gonna start, at least for the opener
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post

Yet, Nate Webster is probably one of, if not the most cheerleading like player on the field.

1st and 10... a stop!

Atleast he is around the play or making it, not running up after the play patting people on there butt.

Or if Niko is not doing that he is generally looking lost.

Comment

the positional battles are not officially over yet.

theirs still a battle for P, RB, MLB, and maybe some others like number 2 qb.

so just because nate is starting now doesnt mean he will be starting for the opener.

Comment

Atleast he is around the play or making it, not running up after the play patting people on there butt.

Or if Niko is not doing that he is generally looking lost.
              Did you watch Nate Webster last year? The guy was out of position almost as much as Ian Gold was.

But anyways, either it's Niko or Nate... neither of them are long term solutions. Look for Denver to go MLB in next years draft early.

Comment

Guys are you not hearing me???

Its gonna be Niko, i think he'll get better as the year goes on. He hasnt really played any MLB yet.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Did you watch Nate Webster last year? The guy was out of position almost as much as Ian Gold was.

But anyways, either it's Niko or Nate... neither of them are long term solutions. Look for Denver to go MLB in next years draft early.
                  Yes I saw Nate last year playing a new position just like I saw DJ Williams playing a new position....They both looked bad, your point?..

But now that they are BOTH back to their natural position I think its safe to say that their production will be up.. Am I saying Nate is a monster at MLB?. Hell no but I am saying he is not lost and running up 3 seconds after the play is made like Niko does.

He is a bandaid for a axe wound. But I rather have a bandaid then a piece of tape (which Niko is).

Comment

1st and 10... a stop!

Repeat 30 times a game :thumb:

He's gonna get himself hurt. Watch.

Comment

Yes I saw Nate last year playing a new position just like I saw DJ Williams playing a new position....They both looked bad, your point?..

But now that they are BOTH back to their natural position I think its safe to say that their production will be up.. Am I saying Nate is a monster at MLB?. Hell no but I am saying he is not lost and running up 3 seconds after the play is made like Niko does.

He is a bandaid for a axe wound. But I rather have a bandaid then a piece of tape (which Niko is).
                      Niko is better at stopping the run and is bigger than Webster. IMO he also is better at filling in gaps and flowing to the ball.

Webster is slightly faster and thus slightly better in coverage than Niko. He also has more of a fiery attitude on the field than Niko.

Defending the run > defending the pass

In obvious passing situations Niko would be coming out anyway.

So I say Koutouvides.
                      Last edited by TheJackal; 08-20-2008, 07:03 PM.

sigpic

Comment

The best news I have heard coming out of camp is that Niko isn't going to start......Why we paid starter money to a guy that has never started is beyond me.... Way to spend the money Shanny
                        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          The best news I have heard coming out of camp is that Niko isn't going to start......Why we paid starter money to a guy that has never started is beyond me.... Way to spend the money Shanny
                          Here is what starting MLB in a 4-3 get paid:

London Fletcher 5 yr 25 MM 10 MM SB
                          Gerald Hays 5 yr 21 MM 8 MM SB
                          E.J. Henderson 5 yr 25 MM 10 MM SB

What we paid for Niko:

Niko Koutouvides 3 yr 7.5 MM SB ??

You can keep saying we paid him "starter money" it does not make it true. He was a ST captain and an above average depth player. We may have paid more than the average backup up, but good depth cost $$$.

Every year fans complain about ST, yet we get a standout player on ST and you ***** about the couple MM more he makes over three years...just be happy we have a high character guy that at the very least will impact STs and give us a great backup player that can start if needed.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

for sure. I'm sort of just waiting for that. there's a beast of a linebacker out in USC.

Comment

People are so quick to cast out Koutouvides. I'm not sure why. Most people , like myself were very excited to see him brought here. It's only pre season folks and Koutouvides has big upside. I've watched him, he seems to have a better understanding for the game and seems to be able to put himself in the right position to make a play. I would call him the man for the job in terms of stopping the run, which is absolutely necessary this year. We need to take the pressure off of our talented corners and secondary. We thought we were bringing in Niko to be our middle so unless the staff decides he's absolutely not the fit then I will hope he is starting. Again my my trust is in the coaches to make the right decision, we just need somebody to play good ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X