X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    wow. that rule is stupid as hell.

what the heck is the point of it
    I would think it would benefit a (home) team with a strong defense and weak offense (a la Chicago Bears) with crowd noise to boot, where a three and out to start the 3rd quarter would give them good field position.

I wouldn't think it would pertain to the Broncos; we need the ball in Cutler's hands as much as possible.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't understand the option to defer.

If you want to recieve in the second half, can't you just choose to kick off?

As for the force out... I know it was an advantage to the offense prior... however, now I feel it's a larger advantage to the Defense.
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

I agree. I've been trying to read over this and figure out how that changes anything, and I can't. It's like you said; just kick off. hmmm

I do like the forceout being removed. Excellent. Keeps the refs from blowing plays; the idea of "if you were forced out or not or would have come down in bounds or not" was always so arbitrary. Now there will be no question.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

As for the force out... I know it was an advantage to the offense prior... however, now I feel it's a larger advantage to the Defense.
          With the force out it kinda evens things a little.Everything is so in favor of the offense anyway.With the corners we got this could work well for us.Even though we may cringe a few times when our wr get pushed out.For or against us I think its more fair cause its more cut and dry.Forget leaving things to the refs "discretion".Either your in or your out.

Comment

I'm sure the deferring the kick/receive option to the second half is so that Bill Bellicheater can use it in some random game and get called a genius when they Patriots win.

Comment

Working...
            X