Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. Raiders game #1... (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. Raiders game #1... (Merged)

Woohoo! It's time for the first game prediction of 2008! And who's on tap? None other than the evil Raiduhs.

We've seen what we're going to see of our starters in preseason and so we basically know all we can about the Broncos before the season starts. We've got some good young talent on the team but is that talent TOO young? Will our defense improve over last year and, if so, how much? Will Cutler rise to the upper echelon of NFL QBs? How much will it hurt to not have Marshall in this game?

One thing is for sure, the run D better be good because we don't want McFadden to start off with a bang.

What do you think? Please vote in the poll but feel free to make exact predictions. I'll post the winners in the following game's thread.
    Broncos win by 14+ points
    21.08%
    Broncos win by 8 - 13 points
    41.67%
    Broncos win by 4 - 7 points
    22.06%
    Broncos win by 1 - 3 points
    5.88%
    Raiders win by 1 - 3 points
    2.45%
    Raiders win by 4 - 7 points
    2.45%
    Raiders win by 8 - 13 points
    1.96%
    Raiders win by 14+ points
    2.45%

The poll is expired.

"You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

We play the Raiders???

Comment

Alright, I'll go 1st.

23-21 Broncos are 1-0 heading innto the Sparkler game.
      My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Well, then, I meant 2nd!!
        My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Whoops, I picked the wrong poll option. I meant to pick the 4-7 instead of 8-13.

I think we win by a TD
          sigpic

Comment

Broncos win 31-13 book it. Russell cant pass on us and we will shutdown their running game.
            sigpic

Comment

Broncos win 20-14! Cutler on the last play of the game lofts the ball to Sammy Parker, 5th year out of Oregon! 47 yard TD! The crowd is going nuts!!!!
              Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Broncos 28-14!
                sigpic

Comment

74-3 woot

jk i'm going with

20-27

jay cutler:64 percent completion 247 yards 2 TDs no INTs, 27 yards rushing

selvin young: 89 yards
                  andre hall 45 yards 1 td
                  other RBs: 22 yards

eddie royal: 102 yards 1 TD
                  brandon stokley: 54
                  tony scheffler: 45 yards 1 TD
                  other WRs: 46 yards

no sacks allowed by Oline, clady gets beat once on a running play, harris gets beat 3 times on a running play and records a holding penalty

eddie royal: 32 yard kickoff average, 8 yard punt return average
                  prater: 2/2 kicks every kickoff into the endzone
                  kern: one punt for 56 yards, no return inside 15 yard line

defensive notes: MLB postion continues to struggle, bly gives up several receptions because of mistackles, marcus thomas will have a standout performance, moss and crowder will not be effective

jamarcus russell: 45 percent completion 187 yards 1 TD, 2 INT(bailey and bly), 16 yards rushing

justin fargas: 64 yards 1 TD
                  darren mcfadden: 22 yards on 7 carries
                  other RBs: 15 yards

javon walker: 54 yards
                  zach miller: 63 yards 1 TD
                  other WRs: 70 yards

oline allows 2 sacks both by dumervil

returner: no kickoffs returned(all touchbacks) 15 yard punt return average

defensive notes: hall and aso will both get burned once by royal(TD caught on hall) run D will continue to struggle

gonna be one hundred percent correct.......
                  disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

I gotta go with Oakland 23-14 I just think that there is going to be on one on our offense for them to fear. They are going to stack the box with 8 men to stop the run. On Defense this is going to be a theme all year long.... cant get any preasure and Russell just stands there like a statue and picks us apart. When they run they are going to be effective enough that we have to at least respect it. Oak will have a pick six late in the game to squash the Bronco hopes of getting a win w/o Marshall
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Oakland and Russell have looked terrible so far this pre-season. If Russell can't look good in pre-season, there is no reason for him to all of a sudden look sharp in the regular season when things get picked up a notch.

Not to mention, do the Raiders have a WR that even is considered a threat at all? Javon Walker? He's their top guy.

I just don't see their passing game being such a threat.. and I most certainly don't consider the Raiders offense to be much of anything this year. Its been stated that McFadden is having problems picking up the blitz, and is actually a liability in passing downs for blocking. Thats just more ways that limits their offense if he is in the game.

So far.. there hasn't been a single thing from Russell, or the Raiders, that would make me believe that we can't have our way with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        Oakland and Russell have looked terrible so far this pre-season. If Russell can't look good in pre-season, there is no reason for him to all of a sudden look sharp in the regular season when things get picked up a notch.

Not to mention, do the Raiders have a WR that even is considered a threat at all? Javon Walker? He's their top guy.

I just don't see their passing game being such a threat.. and I most certainly don't consider the Raiders offense to be much of anything this year. Its been stated that McFadden is having problems picking up the blitz, and is actually a liability in passing downs for blocking. Thats just more ways that limits their offense if he is in the game.

So far.. there hasn't been a single thing from Russell, or the Raiders, that would make me believe that we can't have our way with them.

I think having your way with them is a little too much. They have a great secondary, and without Brandon Marshall I think you guys will struggle to pass against them. To me if they do well against the rush they will win. If you guys are able to run with consistency then I give the nod to the Broncos, but that will definitely be the key to the game.

They didnt even try to run the ball last night...you need to take that into consideration. They were the 6th ranked rushing team in the league last year. Now they have added McFadden, and if he gets a crease on any play he can take it to the house.

Your team was bad against the run last year, if that hasnt changed dramatically you will not win many games. That goes for any team in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Fins4Life View Post
                          I think having your way with them is a little too much. They have a great secondary, and without Brandon Marshall I think you guys will struggle to pass against them. To me if they do well against the rush they will win. If you guys are able to run with consistency then I give the nod to the Broncos, but that will definitely be the key to the game.

They didnt even try to run the ball last night...you need to take that into consideration. They were the 6th ranked rushing team in the league last year. Now they have added McFadden, and if he gets a crease on any play he can take it to the house.

Your team was bad against the run last year, if that hasnt changed dramatically you will not win many games. That goes for any team in the league.
                          It has changed. Last year they didn't have Russell at QB most of the season, and he hasn't threatened anyone. Last year they had some more stout in the middle against the run.

I also think their pass d isn't all that.

I think our offense has improved IMMENSELY. Thats the difference there. I think we put the Raiders behind early.. thus forcing them to be a one dimensional team. Russell and passing the ball doesn't scare me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                            It has changed. Last year they didn't have Russell at QB most of the season, and he hasn't threatened anyone. Last year they had some more stout in the middle against the run.

I also think their pass d isn't all that.

I think our offense has improved IMMENSELY. Thats the difference there. I think we put the Raiders behind early.. thus forcing them to be a one dimensional team. Russell and passing the ball doesn't scare me.
                            I just think you guys are underestimating them...its understandable after last nights performance. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Tell me as a fan of another team why the Broncos offense is immensely better?

Comment

we are gonna crush them.

Comment

Working...
                              X