The Best QB ever to play the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
    Unitas, old school, the prototype for the modern QB, also holds the record for most consecutive games with a TD pass.
    He was great in his day but come'on...6'1 195 lbs??? He wouldn't last through a season in todays game.

Besides you have to choose qb's to be great in different era's. I don't believe comparing Montana to say Brady is fair. Or Unitas to Marino. Each era had a great qb.

Comment

I choose John Elway because when compared to some of the other great QB's listed, Elway was obviously more talented (Joe Namath) but more importantly, if Elway had been used by Dan "Dumb Ass" Reeves like Dan Marino was used in Miami, Elway would own all of the major QB records and might have a couple of more Super Bowl rings. Elway didn't always have great talent around him but if had some of the same great talent like Montana had, he would have been the Tiger Woods of the NFL.
      I really believe that. to you Mr. Elway
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Top five all time

1. John Elway
        2. Johnny Unitas
        3. Joe Montana
        4. Otto Graham
        5. Dan Marino
        KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by martz11 View Post
          He was great in his day but come'on...6'1 195 lbs??? He wouldn't last through a season in todays game.

Besides you have to choose qb's to be great in different era's. I don't believe comparing Montana to say Brady is fair. Or Unitas to Marino. Each era had a great qb.
          I'm confused. You say you shouldn't compare and that each era had its own great QB, but you say Unitas was too small????

That shouldn't matter. You can't compare the size of a player today as opposed to yesterday. The fact is that those players were playing against their peers, just as today is. THose athletes couldn't dedicate their bodies and their training from day 1 of birth to be professional athletes. They didn't have a gym on every corner with personal trainers and dedicated coaches. They didn't have the diet and lifting regime that we have today for the athletes. They didn't have trainers and whirlpools to help heal.

Why isn't comparing Montana to Brady fair?? You don't think Montana could play in today's football game???? Seriously? You are wrong if you think that.

Comment

Absolutley no question ELWAY.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic View Post
              Yea, i would agree. But, people remember you when you've won more SB's rather than when you lost. And that int stat is just a.........stat. I could post up the numbers tom brady has over joe montana, but thats really irrelevant IMO. The only stat that matters is SB wins. Tom Brady will be the best once all set and done. Montana had Great wide recievers, including the best of all-time (jerry rice) Moss is nice, but no Rice. Although i would say that the current rules are more fair towards the offense than what they were back in the 80's. Joe montana was a Great QB, But IMO, Tom Brady is the Better qb.
              I know this is sort of off subject... but Brady Quinn sucks

Comment

It is really hard to say who is number one. I'd have to give props to Johnny U, cuz it's not about the SB rings, it's about the calibur of the QB. Look at Marino.
                WISCONSIN'S BIGGEST BRONCOS FAN

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin'sbiggestbroncosfan View Post
                  It is really hard to say who is number one. I'd have to give props to Johnny U, cuz it's not about the SB rings, it's about the calibur of the QB. Look at Marino.
                  True it is hard.....very subjective.....but Marino was allowed to do his thing much more....pass-pass-pass.....than Elway was. When a team has a high caliber QB like Marino, Montana, Brady or Elway, the coach needs to utilize them to the max. Dan Reeves didn't do that with Elway for the most part and when he did, it was third down and long a high percentage of the time. What a shame and a waste and of talent....in my opinion.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

well on this board.

people will say Elway

but the greatest QB. is Dan Marino.

QB's are to oass.
                    and no one did it better.
                    Last edited by maruske845; 08-28-2008, 07:55 PM.

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Working...
                    X