Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxworth A Starter Sooner Than We Think...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
    Foxy is a nice solid corner. If was didnt have Bly, Foxy would be starting here. The only reason Bly starts is because of his hands of glue he is a big play waiting to happen. Along the same line, Bly gives up more plays than Foxy would, but Foxy wouldnt get as many int's.
    how the heck do you know that?

    Foxworth is eager....he's waiting on his chance to start.....
    You say he won't get many INT's.....did you go to any of the training camps?? He was on fire this training camp...jumping routes, knocking passes down, etc... You're just assuming when you know nothing...and assumptions are not a valid argument


    sigpic


    FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



    :cool:

    Comment


    • #32
      oh for god's sake there's not a damn thing wrong with dre bly. what the hell is wrong with us that we're so picky and spoiled?
      Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


      Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
      Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        how the heck do you know that?

        Foxworth is eager....he's waiting on his chance to start.....
        You say he won't get many INT's.....did you go to any of the training camps?? He was on fire this training camp...jumping routes, knocking passes down, etc... You're just assuming when you know nothing...and assumptions are not a valid argument

        so please explain then why he waited for the catch to be made before tackling rather than knocking the pass down. he did good in TC but it isnt exactly translating to the preseason other than showing he can wrap up now

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
          so please explain then why he waited for the catch to be made before tackling rather than knocking the pass down. he did good in TC but it isnt exactly translating to the preseason other than showing he can wrap up now
          he has a different style than Bly...Bly is a risk taker where he can either get the pick or get burned...as for Foxworth he rather give up some underneath yards than a one play touchdown....Plus why are you guys criticizing Foxworth? I wish I could find some stats or something that tells how many times he's been thrown at and how many yards he's giving up...he's giving up a low average per catch instead of taking risks..

          The only Touchdown Foxworth has givin up was to Miles Austin...and Austin is a huge target that's a lot bigger than Foxy...


          sigpic


          FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



          :cool:

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
            that move is to take advantage of blys ability as a ball hawk underneath against TE, and 3 reciver ....
            Winner winner Chicken dinner ....

            Bly has better man to man coverage skills,

            Foxworth plays the sideline well and can come up and make the hit but has a hard time against crossing patterns ..

            This move makes plenty of sense to me ..

            I think the Broncos needed someone other to play NB and that was the main reason they drafted JW. ...
            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
              Winner winner Chicken dinner ....

              Bly has better man to man coverage skills,

              Foxworth plays the sideline well and can come up and make the hit but has a hard time against crossing patterns ..

              This move makes plenty of sense to me ..

              I think the Broncos needed someone other to play NB and that was the main reason they drafted JW. ...
              I keep explaining it....

              We drafted Jack Williams to help us once Paymah and Foxworth both leave for free agency next year...that's the sole purpose we drafted him...we like his talent and we think he can ease the impact of loosing both of those CB's next season


              sigpic


              FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



              :cool:

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                I keep explaining it....

                We drafted Jack Williams to help us once Paymah and Foxworth both leave for free agency next year...that's the sole purpose we drafted him...we like his talent and we think he can ease the impact of loosing both of those CB's next season
                That could be a reason .... Not new news to me ...

                I buy that into that very little ... Forecasting the FA market a year from now is shady at best ...

                Ok draft a guy to be a replacement to backups for Next year hmmm Ok sure...

                Why not make sure you resign Foxworth and Paymah? Neither will command top dollar and will get an avg salary at best ...If the Broncos are willing to let them walk I think that pretty much say enough about them as is ... Ok so the Broncos keep Foxworth but lose Paymah ...Not hard to replace him...

                JW fits the mold of a perfect NB and I think will see action this year and that has noting to do with next years FA market ....

                It would not be hard to replace neither Foxworth or Paymah as is....
                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                  That could be a reason .... Not new news to me ...

                  I buy that into that very little ... Forecasting the FA market a year from now is shady at best ...

                  Ok draft a guy to be a replacement to backups for Next year hmmm Ok sure...

                  Why not make sure you resign Foxworth and Paymah? Neither will command top dollar and will get an avg salary at best ...If the Broncos are willing to let them walk I think that pretty much say enough about them as is ... Ok so the Broncos keep Foxworth but lose Paymah ...Not hard to replace him...

                  JW fits the mold of a perfect NB and I think will see action this year and that has noting to do with next years FA market ....

                  It would not be hard to replace neither Foxworth or Paymah as is....
                  The Broncos were just preparing for the inevitable. They aren't going to be able to re-sign both...it's not gonna happen with DJ, Webster, Sapp, and Abdullah needing new deals. Foxworth also most likely wants to start and as long as Bly and Bailey are here, he won't get that opportunity...What makes you think he'll want to re-sign here to be a backup when he could start somewhere? Where's the sense in that


                  sigpic


                  FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                  :cool:

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                    The Broncos were just preparing for the inevitable. They aren't going to be able to re-sign both...it's not gonna happen with DJ, Webster, Sapp, and Abdullah needing new deals. Foxworth also most likely wants to start and as long as Bly and Bailey are here, he won't get that opportunity...What makes you think he'll want to re-sign here to be a backup when he could start somewhere? Where's the sense in that
                    We have no guarantee that Foxworth would win a starting position somewhere else ...Also The Broncos could very well be looking to cut the cord with Bly nxt year....Who would be his replacement...Look at the names you listed besides DJ as needing new deals

                    Webster,Sapp,Abudullah ....omg stop it that kills me...

                    I like Foxworth ..I think he is a great player to have on the team...I'm going by what I have seen him do and he is much better playing the sideline then he is trying to cover the slot,crossing WR ...Im pretty much agreeing with the coach and giving my opinion on why the Broncos would be doing this...A reason why but not all on why they drafted JW...

                    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                    I don't know if you've noticed, but technically Foxworth has been playing at the #2 CB spot in nickel and dime packages with Bly moving into his nickel position... Coach Shanahan said he liked Bly better in the slot because he has great COD and instinct....whatever Shanahan I'm not buying it all
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I think it's possible Foxy will start next year at CB-if he signs to the CFL
                      I have no problem with Paymah as a starter at CB, NB or FS. Williams has all the abilities, could help this year and should play next year at CB or NB. It wouldn't suprise me if we picked up 1-2 DBs in the draft(including a safty) which means Foxy isn't worth resigning.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Foxy will look decent one minute, then disappoint the next. CB is the toughest position on that side of the ball. But he has a problem with crossing routes among other things. He does tackle better than Bly however, but that's real hard to do. If he's gone, I won't be too heartbroken

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          Did you watch GB pick on Foxworth in that last drive of theirs?? EVERY pass (except the very first pass of their possession that went down the middle) was at foxworth. EVERY play, without exaggeration.
                          Passes to RB in the flat is not "pick on Foxworth"

                          pass middle (not Nique)
                          pass to RB (not Nique)
                          pass to WR (on Nique, 9 yards, kept in bounds)
                          pass to RB (not Nique)
                          pass to TE (not Nique)
                          Pass to WR (on Nigue, In-Com-Plete)

                          You have yourself believing it, just not the rest of us Rav

                          R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Let's keep it real about Foxy

                            Shanny has never been one to play someone based on name over talent (as evidenced by the fact that he continually places Jackson over Scheffler on the depth chart REGARDLESS of who actually produces during the regular season). If Foxy was better, he'd be starting over Dre. There's no way that we would've brought in Dre if Shanny had that confidence in Foxy.

                            If Foxy was so damned good, how come we didn't get ANY legit offers for him when he was an RFA this spring? All it would've cost was a third round pick and NOBODY was willing to bite!?!?! C'mon fellas, I think that tells the whole story. Any CB who is young, smart, a character guy, injury free, and has the ability to start right away is a STEAL for a 3rd round pick compensation and yet, NOBODY was willing to part with a third rounder and offer Foxy a deal. All of those statements about Foxy are true except the one about having the ability to start

                            I think Foxy is a great guy and he's definitely a fan favorite, but it's obvious to me that we overrate his skills, talent, and value on this board ALL THE TIME.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              This is a big year for Bly. Last year was hard on Bly, he plays opposite of Champ and their was absolutley NO pass rush. Of course he looked bad at times. I think you'll see a much improved player if only that Denver is going to blitz more this year and put pressure on the QB.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I'm picking JaMarcus Russell, Brodie Croyal and Phylis Rivers on my fantasy team.

                                Foxworth is leading he Broncos in pre-season tackles for a reason......

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X