Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxworth A Starter Sooner Than We Think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its so he can get more interceptions and not get beet by driver.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      I'd rather a corner give up some underneath yards (Foxworth) than get beat in a 1 play long pass touchdown (Bly)...but that's just my opinion
      I agree to a point but how is that going to create turnovers for the defense? Foxy may make the tackle but he hasn't shown any ball skills at all. On the other hand Bly may get beat every once and a while but he does make big plays and helps get the offense back onto the field. I know he didn't have any last year but Bly has been known for his ability to strip the ball from receivers (17 career total FF)

In there first 3 years...
      Foxy- 3 INT's, 1 FF, 68 Yards, 0 TD
      Bly- 12 INT's, 1 FF, 247 Yards, 1 TD

IMHO I would like a defense that creates turnovers and gets the ball back instead of one that just gives up yards and hopes they dont let the team drive down the field.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        Champ got beat because he had a legitimate excuse. All year he was battling with an injury (quadricep or hamstring..I don't remember) which led to him playing a little slower than normal.
        What's Bly's excuse?? He's too aggressive and get's beat by double moves and other things on a regular basis...like vs. GB and even the Raiders last year, Jerry Porter burned him with a double move and people shouldv'e been pointing fingers at Bly.
        I'm not saying Foxworth isn't going to allow that stuff, because he isn't an elite CB just yet. With that being said, I think he has the necessary tools to be a good if not great CB in this league, and I much rather would see Bly walk next offseason than Foxworth.
        Nah, there wasn't anything wrong with Champ's hammy in that game. He just
        got beat, that's all. The absence of a pass rush didn't help him, but that doesn't
        change the fact he was burned.

That's not a shame. The very best in the business get beat. Brady throws
        interceptions. LT gets tackled in the open field. Champ gets beat. Doesn't
        happen very often, but it does happen. After all, they are playing against
        pros.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe View Post
          Nah, there wasn't anything wrong with Champ's hammy in that game. He just
          got beat, that's all. The absence of a pass rush didn't help him, but that doesn't
          change the fact he was burned.

That's not a shame. The very best in the business get beat. Brady throws
          interceptions. LT gets tackled in the open field. Champ gets beat. Doesn't
          happen very often, but it does happen. After all, they are playing against
          pros.
          No, Champ Bailey had an injury...he went out of the game vs. Pittsburgh and Foxworth took his place...then he came back for the game vs. Green Bay, still nursing his injury...(damn I really can't remember, I know it was his quad or his hamstring...one of those)

Get your facts straight

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
            I agree to a point but how is that going to create turnovers for the defense? Foxy may make the tackle but he hasn't shown any ball skills at all. On the other hand Bly may get beat every once and a while but he does make big plays and helps get the offense back onto the field. I know he didn't have any last year but Bly has been known for his ability to strip the ball from receivers (17 career total FF)

In there first 3 years...
            Foxy- 3 INT's, 1 FF, 68 Yards, 0 TD
            Bly- 12 INT's, 1 FF, 247 Yards, 1 TD

IMHO I would like a defense that creates turnovers and gets the ball back instead of one that just gives up yards and hopes they dont let the team drive down the field.
            Bly's numbers look better because HE'S BEEN A STARTER!!!

You don't know how Foxworth would respond with a starting job, I don't know how he would play, nobody knows. Maybe Foxworth completely owns each and every of the receivers he goes against, maybe he doesn't...what it comes down to is opportunity, and Foxworth is getting the opportunity to be the #2 in nickel and dime packages, so we'll see if he rocks or sucks.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
              To me, Corners are over-rated anyway...quick, name the NY Giants Corners form the Super Bowl...

Look at what the Patriots played with in their SB years...a converted WR in Troy Brown!
              Giant's got away with it with the pass rush. Ty Law straight up dominated.

Comment

Working...
              X