Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxworth A Starter Sooner Than We Think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField View Post
    To me, Corners are over-rated anyway...quick, name the NY Giants Corners form the Super Bowl...

Look at what the Patriots played with in their SB years...a converted WR in Troy Brown!
    Giant's got away with it with the pass rush. Ty Law straight up dominated.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    I agree to a point but how is that going to create turnovers for the defense? Foxy may make the tackle but he hasn't shown any ball skills at all. On the other hand Bly may get beat every once and a while but he does make big plays and helps get the offense back onto the field. I know he didn't have any last year but Bly has been known for his ability to strip the ball from receivers (17 career total FF)

In there first 3 years...
    Foxy- 3 INT's, 1 FF, 68 Yards, 0 TD
    Bly- 12 INT's, 1 FF, 247 Yards, 1 TD

IMHO I would like a defense that creates turnovers and gets the ball back instead of one that just gives up yards and hopes they dont let the team drive down the field.
    Bly's numbers look better because HE'S BEEN A STARTER!!!

You don't know how Foxworth would respond with a starting job, I don't know how he would play, nobody knows. Maybe Foxworth completely owns each and every of the receivers he goes against, maybe he doesn't...what it comes down to is opportunity, and Foxworth is getting the opportunity to be the #2 in nickel and dime packages, so we'll see if he rocks or sucks.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe View Post
    Nah, there wasn't anything wrong with Champ's hammy in that game. He just
    got beat, that's all. The absence of a pass rush didn't help him, but that doesn't
    change the fact he was burned.

That's not a shame. The very best in the business get beat. Brady throws
    interceptions. LT gets tackled in the open field. Champ gets beat. Doesn't
    happen very often, but it does happen. After all, they are playing against
    pros.
    No, Champ Bailey had an injury...he went out of the game vs. Pittsburgh and Foxworth took his place...then he came back for the game vs. Green Bay, still nursing his injury...(damn I really can't remember, I know it was his quad or his hamstring...one of those)

Get your facts straight

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Champ got beat because he had a legitimate excuse. All year he was battling with an injury (quadricep or hamstring..I don't remember) which led to him playing a little slower than normal.
    What's Bly's excuse?? He's too aggressive and get's beat by double moves and other things on a regular basis...like vs. GB and even the Raiders last year, Jerry Porter burned him with a double move and people shouldv'e been pointing fingers at Bly.
    I'm not saying Foxworth isn't going to allow that stuff, because he isn't an elite CB just yet. With that being said, I think he has the necessary tools to be a good if not great CB in this league, and I much rather would see Bly walk next offseason than Foxworth.
    Nah, there wasn't anything wrong with Champ's hammy in that game. He just
    got beat, that's all. The absence of a pass rush didn't help him, but that doesn't
    change the fact he was burned.

That's not a shame. The very best in the business get beat. Brady throws
    interceptions. LT gets tackled in the open field. Champ gets beat. Doesn't
    happen very often, but it does happen. After all, they are playing against
    pros.

Leave a comment:

• AllEyezOnZach27
    replied
    I'd rather a corner give up some underneath yards (Foxworth) than get beat in a 1 play long pass touchdown (Bly)...but that's just my opinion
    I agree to a point but how is that going to create turnovers for the defense? Foxy may make the tackle but he hasn't shown any ball skills at all. On the other hand Bly may get beat every once and a while but he does make big plays and helps get the offense back onto the field. I know he didn't have any last year but Bly has been known for his ability to strip the ball from receivers (17 career total FF)

In there first 3 years...
    Foxy- 3 INT's, 1 FF, 68 Yards, 0 TD
    Bly- 12 INT's, 1 FF, 247 Yards, 1 TD

IMHO I would like a defense that creates turnovers and gets the ball back instead of one that just gives up yards and hopes they dont let the team drive down the field.

Leave a comment:

• Brendan08901
    replied
    its so he can get more interceptions and not get beet by driver.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    I'd rather a corner give up some underneath yards (Foxworth) than get beat in a 1 play long pass touchdown (Bly)...but that's just my opinion

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
    Yeah I really noticed this on the review the GB game, I made some notes on how he lined up 7-8 yards off the line almost every time on the drive before halftime. I do not know if this is how they want him to line up for the calls they had or if he was playing off because that's where he is comfortable.

Thx,
    Joe
    I think that's where he lines up because that's where both he and the coaches are comfortable with him lining up.

The coaches coach to a players strengths, they're not going to ask the same of Foxworth as they do Bailey because Foxworth gets beat regardless of how deep he lines up. And while this is true with any CB, at least Bly and Bailey are getting beat because they're being aggressive......Seems like Foxworth just wants to make sure he's in position to make the tackle......

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
    Dude is a midget i am not saying he cant play or wont be any good but he has the size? isnt it ideal to have a corner between 5'11 and 6'1
    Ever heard of Darrent Williams?

And you guys are picking on Foxworth too much. It's not like he can just line up however far off the ball he wants and the coaches won't say anything. If he lines up 7 yards off the ball and the coaches want him closer, they'll tell him, and he'll play closer. Obviously they want him to play that far off the line of scrimmage.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Not only did he get picks, but he was starting to shut down opposing #1 receivers.

At the young ripe age of 27, he's already made a name for himself and will only excel his game.
    who...Mathis or Asomugha?

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    Okay...Mathis is good...

But I really feel Asomugha is overrated...doesn't get many picks or tackles or plays on the ball...just after one good season a couple of years ago, he's a "good" corner...I don't buy it
    Asomugha is a very good player, but the Raiders f-'d up and paid Deangelo all that money, and stuck the tag on Asomugha, which he is not happy about.

It is going to be very cost prohibitive to re-sign him now, with Russell, McFadden, Hall, J Walkers, and Kelly's deals.

The Raiders are top heavy and have completely mis-managed their cap.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Okay...Mathis is good...

But I really feel Asomugha is overrated...doesn't get many picks or tackles or plays on the ball...just after one good season a couple of years ago, he's a "good" corner...I don't buy it
    Not only did he get picks, but he was starting to shut down opposing #1 receivers.

At the young ripe age of 27, he's already made a name for himself and will only excel his game.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    I wouldn't call Asomugha or Mathis overrated... that's a stretch.

Their up there with the upper tier corners in the NFL. I would take either of them over Bly.

But with Walls, the guy was just bad. Nothing to be said, but a very odd corner who was not that good.
    Okay...Mathis is good...

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    don't wanna sound like I'm being a smart alek....Foxworth's listed at 5-11,
    I know, but I have seen him up close and personal, and I'm 5'10", and he looked a shade smaller than me...if I had to guess, I'd say he's 5'9" and about 170-175.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    people think size dominates...Asomugha is 6-1 and he's way overrated, same with Rashean Mathis...

People think that big corners are automatically big play makers....huge tacklers, amazing leapers, etc...
    I wouldn't call Asomugha or Mathis overrated... that's a stretch.

Their up there with the upper tier corners in the NFL. I would take either of them over Bly.

But with Walls, the guy was just bad. Nothing to be said, but a very odd corner who was not that good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X