• Show
Clear All

• Legendary30
    replied
    Ramsleez sucks. I hope they cut him.

Leave a comment:

• Denver19
    replied
    The only way that Hackney even makes the team is if Ramsey's elbow injury turns out to be serious. And even in that case, you have got to believe that the team will then go out and try and acquire another quarterback. You have to be completely delusional to think that Hackney is ready to play in an NFL game. He has never done it and likely will never do it. He has been an extra arm on the practice squad and in training camp, that's it.

For all of you that don't like Ramsey, I understand. I have very little confidence in his decision making, but I do know that if Cutler goes down, he has the physical ability to get things done. Don't forget that he was a first round draft pick. Men much smarter than any of us judged that he had the ability to play at this level. And he has, not at the level that was expected, but at least at a high enough level to keep him around the league.

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Why does Jay need someone to mentor him?????? He is doing just fine now so that makes Ramsey absolutely useless

Leave a comment:

• Master Supreme
    replied
    Hear is my take on this QB mess, Shanny already knows who will be his #2. I think he is just allowing the story to play to the end. Ram-cant-see is a goner, he was giving a fair shot and cut his own throat.

Shanny is not blind he can see bad when it hits him in the face. But he also knows that keeping and experience QB in camp helps get our rookie in the right frame of mind and gives Jay more time to himself.

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
    Hackney....
    Has exactly ZERO chance of beating out Ramsey. That should be obvious by now...

Leave a comment:

• sage
    replied
    In fairness two of Ramseys int weren't truely his fault. One a Hail Mary, the other a sack. What isn't shown in the stats is the two almost ints he's thrown(including one to Russell on the goalline)that I've seen and his inaccuracy on the deep pass.

Colbert dropped two deep passes last week. He had to stop and come back and into the safty for Ramseys pass-resulting in the ball being knocked out. The second one from Hackney was great. It hit his hands in stride near the sideline-but it was dropped and cost the game.

I agree that the AZ game will decide who our #2 QB is and disagree that Hackney isn't ready to start a game if needed.

Leave a comment:

• Taz_bb2
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver19 View Post
    I understand the warm feelings for Hackney, but there is absolutely no way that we ever go into the season with him as our backup quarterback. As mentioned before, Shanahan likes to carry only 2 quarterbacks. If Ramsey was hurt, I can guarantee you that Shanahan has already made calls out to the Bucs (for Chris Simms), the 49ers (for Shaun Hill), and probably several other teams (Falcons, Vikings, etc.). Hackney starting a game would be a disaster.

I am no Ramsey fan, but I do understand that if Cutler is hurt, Ramsey is the guy that gives us the best chance to win.

Furthermore, since this is Ramsey's last year under contract, what are going to do about a backup quarterback next season?
    Funny.

Looking at the stats so far:
    Rk Player Comp Att Pct TD Int Rate
    54 Darrell Hackney 7 12 58.3 0 0 77.4

Rk Player Comp Att Pct TD Int Rate
    96 Patrick Ramsey 24 40 60.0 1 3 46.8

The ranking is against ALL QB's in the preseason. Hackney even rates higher than some of the starters in the league.

Still convinced Hackney can't hack it? Numbers don't lie...

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    This friday will be the battle for the back up qb. who ever wins friday will win the back up job.
    Hackney....

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    This friday will be the battle for the back up qb. who ever wins friday will win the back up job.

Leave a comment:

• Denver19
    replied
    I understand the warm feelings for Hackney, but there is absolutely no way that we ever go into the season with him as our backup quarterback. As mentioned before, Shanahan likes to carry only 2 quarterbacks. If Ramsey was hurt, I can guarantee you that Shanahan has already made calls out to the Bucs (for Chris Simms), the 49ers (for Shaun Hill), and probably several other teams (Falcons, Vikings, etc.). Hackney starting a game would be a disaster.

I am no Ramsey fan, but I do understand that if Cutler is hurt, Ramsey is the guy that gives us the best chance to win.

Furthermore, since this is Ramsey's last year under contract, what are going to do about a backup quarterback next season?

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver19 View Post
    Has anybody heard anything about the severity of Patrick Ramsey's injury? Or is he even hurt at all? I saw him on the sideline after the interception with his entire arm wrapped up, it looked like it could have been his elbow or maybe even shoulder. It would be a shame to go into the season with him sidelined. I know that there are a lot of Hackney lovers on the site, but he is not capable of playing in a regular season game.
    how do you know that?

This is my theory on the QB situation, Hackney is unproven yes, Ramsey has proven to be a bad QB, So if cutler goes down we are screwed anyway, so why not give the kid a chance to prove himself, he has better upside than Ramsey. And if he doesnt pan out then we are back to this point. Its basically low risk with possibly a high reward

Leave a comment:

• TheRealMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrenaline View Post
    I know, and he also likes about 5 Te's on the roster.

If he only keeps Graham, Jackson, Scheffler and Leach we can have a 3rd Qb as desired.

* With Hillis being the #2 blocking tight end.
    * Nate Jackson also gives us the opportunity to keep only 5 Wr. (Until he gets injured, knock on wood)
    Don't think that matters. Shanny carries two QB's on his roster. Period.

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    We can keep as many as we want....

But Shanahan keeps 2............
    I know, and he also likes about 5 Te's on the roster.

If he only keeps Graham, Jackson, Scheffler and Leach we can have a 3rd Qb as desired.

* With Hillis being the #2 blocking tight end.
    * Nate Jackson also gives us the opportunity to keep only 5 Wr. (Until he gets injured, knock on wood)

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrenaline View Post
    I don't know why there is such a discussion about back-up QB's.

We can keep 3! Alot of teams do.

Just a thought..
    We can keep as many as we want....

But Shanahan keeps 2............

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline
    replied
    I don't know why there is such a discussion about back-up QB's.

We can keep 3! Alot of teams do.

Just a thought..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X