No announcement yet.

Webster Starting MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are all the People that were telling me what a big pick up Niko was? Congrats to Nate...... Anyone wanna bet what we are drafting in the first 2 rounds next year?
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

I always liked Webster, yes he seem a bit lost on some plays last year, but he was not in the position he is used too.

I am in no way saying he will be a A+ now that he is back at MLB but the guy same to always put his all on the field, and I like that, some times aggression is a good think. I think after he cracks a few in the middle they will think twice of return there.

All that said, I hope he does well and step up to the plate, he always seem to have fire in his eyes so I hope he brings it this year with vengeance

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
        Webster will make 780.000 this year, plus incentives, Koutouvides signed a 3 year/7.5 million dollar deal.

Webster is still exactly what the Broncos thought he was when they went out and got Koutouvides, Koutouvides is not.

Stand by for the Nate Webster Hype Release from the Broncos FO.

WhatEver! Who cares what he makes, at least Koutouvides can contribute on ST's......
        Niko will be kept around for a while in case Webster gets hurt. He's already got his bonus money and it's possible that he can step in later besides special teams and make an impact. After this year, though, look for the Broncos to try to renegotiate his contract and/or go for a MLB in the draft.

Just my two cents worth, of course...
        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Hello James Laurinaitis in 2009! :wave:

Comment

Gotta give it up to Webster. He won the job with his performance in the GB game. The emotion he showed is what put him over the top imo. I dont think he's as consistent as Niko, but he is faster and hits harder.

Congrats Webster, I just hope we can be strong up the middle.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
              hopefully we have Laurinaitis, Maualuga, or even Spikes in the middle next year... IMO Webster gives us a better chance to win than Koutouvides.
              Those were my thoughts as well. Funny though, Niko will probably stick around and Webster will be out the door if infact they feel one of those two rookies would be an upgrade. If Webster plays well this year though, we may be able to adress other needs.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                He's already got his bonus money and it's possible that he can step in later besides special teams and make an impact.
                Anyone know how much he got?

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

A victory by default

If Webster was any good, we would not have picked up Koutouvides and drafted Larsen. As soon as Niko becomes more familiar with the defense and Webster reminds us again once the season starts why we looked elsewhere, there should be a depth change. I've seen Webster play and say we jump the gun and start Niko. He's no worse than Webster and will only get better. With Green's solid play and Larsens great rookie showing, I'd be happy cutting Webster. This is one of my two least favorite desicions by Shanny.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                    Where are all the People that were telling me what a big pick up Niko was? Congrats to Nate...... Anyone wanna bet what we are drafting in the first 2 rounds next year?

why do you always feel the need to act like your right all the time. if i got a quarter for every time you have been wrong on these boards so far i would be able to retire tomorrow as the richest man in the world. get off your high horse

with regards to webster. last year was websters best year as a LB, now many were upset with his tackling. but the whole d was bad. people also dont realize he never played SAM EVER!!!!! so it was new to him. just like DJ was new at MLB and wasnt great there. webster actually had a better SAM year than the guy we brought in to replace him. so he has gradually gotten better with us. he followed that up with a very dedicated off-season which is good because its nice to see great work ethic come from a guy suppose to lead our defense. i like the fact webster is improving, and watching him this offseason i saw marked aggesivness and reaction as oppose to last year. we all know he still has to work on some fundementals when it comes to tackling. I am not saying he is a beast, but he certainly has earned the job in my eyes. especially after beating out the hyped up niko. for this year i think webster as a MLB will not be a bad thing, nor will it be a commodity......

Comment

I have a sneaking suspicion this will change as the season goes on. I only hope if it happens, it does because of Niko getting more familiar with the playbook and not because of mistakes by Webster.

Hopefully, whoever is in there does a great job!
                      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Working...
                      X