Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone update me on Quick 6 Anthony Alridge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone update me on Quick 6 Anthony Alridge.

Basically I want to know is he going to make the team, I know hes been hurt but I also read hes in the Broncos plans for this season, I think it be dumb to cut a guy with his speed and agility, I mean look at Darren Sproles, theres a reason why the guy lead in all purpose yards, he is hard to deal with.

If Andre Hall is the backup to young and is getting short yardage and goal line carries we can't risk him returning kicks, and Eddie can return punts but kick offs would put him at risks too.

Martinez is a average WR and provides no threat to the WR position, and is an average return man so why not let someone with blazing speed and agility do it like Alridge, he could be a special KR for us.

not only that we could utilize screens and dump offs he can be a weapon. split him out wide, he can catch pretty good also.

Bottom line it would be dumb to cut a guy like this especially when the broncos want to base this offense off of more big plays thats exactly what Alridge gives you, because he will not clear waivers period if he is released.

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty View Post
    Basically I want to know is he going to make the team, I know hes been hurt but I also read hes in the Broncos plans for this season, I think it be dumb to cut a guy with his speed and agility, I mean look at Darren Sproles, theres a reason why the guy lead in all purpose yards, he is hard to deal with.

If Andre Hall is the backup to young and is getting short yardage and goal line carries we can't risk him returning kicks, and Eddie can return punts but kick offs would put him at risks too.

Martinez is a average WR and provides no threat to the WR position, and is an average return man so why not let someone with blazing speed and agility do it like Alridge, he could be a special KR for us.

not only that we could utilize screens and dump offs he can be a weapon. split him out wide, he can catch pretty good also.

Bottom line it would be dumb to cut a guy like this especially when the broncos want to base this offense off of more big plays thats exactly what Alridge gives you, because he will not clear waivers period if he is released.
    I doubt they will cut him. He's shown some promise when healthy, and he probably wouldn't clear waivers to make it to the PS.

Comment

Maybe the practice squad

Alridge has shown lots of potential but he has not beat out Selvin, Andre, Torain, or even Pittman so far. With torain out i still bet we keep him so we would need to keep 4-5 rb to keep Alridge, if 4 being the case we would drop Pittman. Many people think we should drop pittman I am not one of them quite yet, but if pittman does not show more this final game Alridge will definitely need to step up and take over, either way i suspect we would keep him with worse case scenario having him on the practice squad, even if we release him noone wants our 4th undrafted free agent and those types love denver, so we wouldnt have trouble getting him on the practice squad whatever. Also i think his Return abilities might get him to the 53, but I think Torain comes back, drop Pittman, Sign Alridge from the practice squad mid season. (If thats even possible)

You Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by GreasyQtip View Post
        Alridge has shown lots of potential but he has not beat out Selvin, Andre, Torain, or even Pittman so far. With torain out i still bet we keep him so we would need to keep 4-5 rb to keep Alridge, if 4 being the case we would drop Pittman. Many people think we should drop pittman I am not one of them quite yet, but if pittman does not show more this final game Alridge will definitely need to step up and take over, either way i suspect we would keep him with worse case scenario having him on the practice squad, even if we release him noone wants our 4th undrafted free agent and those types love denver, so we wouldnt have trouble getting him on the practice squad whatever. Also i think his Return abilities might get him to the 53, but I think Torain comes back, drop Pittman, Sign Alridge from the practice squad mid season. (If thats even possible)

You Thoughts?
        Pittman is not even on the depth chart at RB, he is 3rd at FB. Funny that Larsen is still 4th at FB. I do not know what will happen, but if I had to bet, I think Shanny continues to go youth on O and lets the kids grow together.

Hillis can play TB and did so in HS. His receiving skills are = to Pittman and he runs with better power, shiftiness, and speed.

If they keep Larsen as an emergency FB...Pittman is gone.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

His position on the depth chart doesnt matter to me, im not sure if he will make it, but whether he is listed as a FB or HB he will be utilized by small passes and short hard runs either way. And hall stepped up for the hard runs part but torain was suppose to do it and hes out. I think pittman stays a little while.

Comment

people talk about special teams returners like they WILL get injured if they return punts or kicks. royal is a return man, thats his job and waht he was drafted for.
            sig pic removed by mod staff.
            we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
              Pittman is not even on the depth chart at RB, he is 3rd at FB. Funny that Larsen is still 4th at FB. I do not know what will happen, but if I had to bet, I think Shanny continues to go youth on O and lets the kids grow together.

Hillis can play TB and did so in HS. His receiving skills are = to Pittman and he runs with better power, shiftiness, and speed.

I think Pittman is the guy who gets all the carries in preseason to minimize wear and tear on our REAL running backs. Alridge showed some pretty special running on the limited touches he had against first/second stringers... but my question is if shanahan thinks Selvin isn't durable, what will he think of 185lb Alridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
                I think Pittman is the guy who gets all the carries in preseason to minimize wear and tear on our REAL running backs. Alridge showed some pretty special running on the limited touches he had against first/second stringers... but my question is if shanahan thinks Selvin isn't durable, what will he think of 185lb Alridge?
                I agree on the Pittman carries...

I think Shanny will use all three waiting until Torain returns. If he can get 15, 10, 5 form Young, Hall, Alridge he will be very happy.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I don't believe Alridge will make the team. His hammy has caused him to miss too much time.

I think he will be released and the Broncos will try to sign him to the practice squad.

I think he is a bit over-rated, at least around here....no, he is not Darren Sproles, not even close. He is not nearly as nifty or explosive. He has straight-line speed, but he is tackled too easily.

To me, he is much more like Quentin Griffin than anything else, and Q is out of the league now, and my guess is three years from now, so will Alridge.

Comment

Sproles didn't make his name until he was in the NFL.

If Alridge gets a chance he will make his name in the NFL.

Then next year, the small, explosive, undrafted-low drafted RB that comes in the NFl, everyone will be saying, No, he is not the next Alridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post

Yeah I made a thread about Pittman being cut....but everybody went on the attack against me about it....it's nice to know there's someone else out there with some common sense lol

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

[QUOTE=The Dyna$ty;2293991]Basically I want to know is he going to make the team, I know hes been hurt but I also read hes in the Broncos plans for this season [QUOTE]

Okay let me break it down for you Dyna$ty....

If Alridge explodes in the game vs. Arizona (which he will play because he has to play it in order to have a legitimate shot to make the team) then you can count him in on the 53 man roster....he's safe UNTIL Torain returns...then the Broncos will have to make a decision

If Alridge implodes and absolutely stinks vs. Arizona, then most likely he's going straight to the practice squad...we've only seen him one time this preseason and he wasn't very impressive, fumbling the ball on a hard hit.

This is the scenario most likely to play out

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                          Yeah I made a thread about Pittman being cut....but everybody went on the attack against me about it....it's nice to know there's someone else out there with some common sense lol
                          ...at least until the final cuts are made and Pittman makes the team...

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                            Sproles didn't make his name until he was in the NFL.

If Alridge gets a chance he will make his name in the NFL.

Then next year, the small, explosive, undrafted-low drafted RB that comes in the NFl, everyone will be saying, No, he is not the next Alridge.
                            Actually little Darren Sproles made a huge name for himself while at kansas st, where in his final year he rushed for almost 2,000 yards with 16 td's. he set 23 school records and was 6th all time in all purpose yards in NCAA history... Not to mention he finished 5th in heisman voting that year. I really wanted the broncos to give him a shot but obviously that didnt happen.

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
                              Actually little Darren Sproles made a huge name for himself while at kansas st, where in his final year he rushed for almost 2,000 yards with 16 td's. he set 23 school records and was 6th all time in all purpose yards in NCAA history... Not to mention he finished 5th in heisman voting that year. I really wanted the broncos to give him a shot but obviously that didnt happen.
                              Alridge had a special year his senior season as well.

1567 yards rushing with a 6.5 average and 14 TD's, 42 catches for 428 yards and 5 TD's. 225 yards rushing and 88 receiving against Oregon(9.3avg), and 100 yards rushing(5.9avg) and 94 yards receiving against Alabama.

Although maybe not quite like Sproles, I'd say that's pretty damn impressive in it's own right.

Comment

Working...
                              X