Powell Planning A Mid-Season Comeback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    there's a lot of good players that get cut...they're not superstars, but they're serviceable vets. I bet there will be somebody that could help our team...it remains to be seen if we'll snatch them in Free Agency.

In response to the red highlighted part, you know it Rav
    The more the merrier...why settle for scrubs on our team when we can pick up scrubs from other teams lol
    Hey... Adrian Peterson.. only averaged 2.6 yrds a carry in pre-season last year. What a scrub!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      Hey... Adrian Peterson.. only averaged 2.6 yrds a carry in pre-season last year. What a scrub!
      Did he?? I didn't know that...

Hey...Champ Bailey..hasn't had one interception in preseason. What a scrub!

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

The problem with DT's is it takes them the second longest of any player (next to QB) to adjust to the speed of the game. That's what makes Thomas' progress so impressive, and it's also what makes considering keeping Powell on the team until he can back worth thinking about. IR players can't practice with the team the same way normal players can. It can set back their development severely (another reason why Torain won't hit IR). Even if Powell comes back and never sniffs the field, the reps he'll take on the practice squad will help set the table for him to progress going onto '09.
        KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
          The problem with DT's is it takes them the second longest of any player (next to QB) to adjust to the speed of the game. That's what makes Thomas' progress so impressive, and it's also what makes considering keeping Powell on the team until he can back worth thinking about. IR players can't practice with the team the same way normal players can. It can set back their development severely (another reason why Torain won't hit IR). Even if Powell comes back and never sniffs the field, the reps he'll take on the practice squad will help set the table for him to progress going onto '09.
          No the hardest position is QB, followed by WR, S, and then DT.

We all know why with QB

WR's hardly ever record good numbers their rookie year..that's just how it is

Then comes safety, they might get tackles, but they're down the field and they hardly come away with any INT's

And then comes DT...where you gotta learn leverage, how to engage in the right blocker, etc.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
            depth???? um robertson an thomas provide good starters and mckinley was our best DT last year and still looks solid. and peterson has shown great things this year as well. Nic clemons has also been a pleasant suprise, but dont forget that ekuban and crowder also can play DT inside. i think we will be just fine at DT this year. its englberger that has me worried on the end, because outside of elvis we really need crowder to step up big if we want any chance of consistent pressure on both edges.
            Well thats the positive side of things ....

Mckinley sucked last year... He cant collapse a college pocket much less the pros... You know why I like Kenny Peterson but still he has yet to produce and would not be here if not for Bates and Tuck...Nic Clemons who in heck is that ...

So yes I say Depth ...
            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

We all know why with QB

Then comes safety, they might get tackles, but they're down the field and they hardly come away with any INT's

And then comes DT...where you gotta learn leverage, how to engage in the right blocker, etc.
              BUT many 2nd year WRs made HUGE impacts on their teams. Thats pretty damned common, as a matter of fact.

It very VERY often takes a DT three seasons to make his presence known. So I don't think I would put WRs above safety and DT.

The good thing about DT, is that it doesn't have MANY assignments to deal with... like QB and safety does. Its the physical aspect that hinders a DT.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                BUT many 2nd year WRs made HUGE impacts on their teams. Thats pretty damned common, as a matter of fact.

It very VERY often takes a DT three seasons to make his presence known. So I don't think I would put WRs above safety and DT.

The good thing about DT, is that it doesn't have MANY assignments to deal with... like QB and safety does. Its the physical aspect that hinders a DT.
                Being a DT doesn't require you to be extremely smart in other words. Being a DT, you don't have to worry about route running, angles of pursuit, positioning yourself for an INT or knockdown, etc.
                Just know your assignments, fill your gap whether it be to the left or right, and take down the freakin ball carrier...simple.

Now if they dont have the physical aspects to be a DT, that's their problem and they aren't cut out to be one.

sigpic

Comment

We all know why with QB

You're wrong.

Being a DT doesn't require you to be extremely smart in other words. Being a DT, you don't have to worry about route running, angles of pursuit, positioning yourself for an INT or knockdown, etc.
                  Just know your assignments, fill your gap whether it be to the left or right, and take down the freakin ball carrier...simple.

Now if they dont have the physical aspects to be a DT, that's their problem and they aren't cut out to be one.
                  This might be the worst take I've ever read on this board. Go ask any defensive line coach in football and see what they say.
                  KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X