Torain injury blessing in disguise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torain injury blessing in disguise?

Yes it seems ridiculous, and I'm sure some of you think I am out of my mind. However, there has to be a couple of you that are the same wavelength as me. Before I get to it though, if I could go back at any moment and take back Torain's injury I would.

Anyway though, if the reports were true that Torain was well on his way to becoming the #1 back that is great news. The fact that he got an injury is bad news. However, it was an upper body injury, therefore he can keep in shape while recovering.

Now, say for example (not sure on the exact timetable), he comes back week 10. 10 Games into the season, players start to feel the effects of the season. Having this guy come in completely fresh could be a HUGE boost to our running game. This is especially true in my opinion because of our already small backfield that we are afraid are going to wear down. Give him a couple of games to catch up to NFL Live games, and you have 3-4 games at the end of the regular season where we could have a very fresh, very good running back.

Am I dreaming here?...

What do you guys think?
    KEEP THE BLUE SIDE UP

Possibly. Not completely off the table. I don't know if I would call it a blessing. I think I would enjoy/like the benefits of his running the ball during those first (ten) games, however.

Comment

No let's tell him he can play, but it might be career ending...

maybe he'll "come to his senses" and play
      Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

Creator of the smiley

Comment

Originally posted by vastrei View Post
        Yes it seems ridiculous, and I'm sure some of you think I am out of my mind. However, there has to be a couple of you that are the same wavelength as me. Before I get to it though, if I could go back at any moment and take back Torain's injury I would.

Anyway though, if the reports were true that Torain was well on his way to becoming the #1 back that is great news. The fact that he got an injury is bad news. However, it was an upper body injury, therefore he can keep in shape while recovering.

Now, say for example (not sure on the exact timetable), he comes back week 10. 10 Games into the season, players start to feel the effects of the season. Having this guy come in completely fresh could be a HUGE boost to our running game. This is especially true in my opinion because of our already small backfield that we are afraid are going to wear down. Give him a couple of games to catch up to NFL Live games, and you have 3-4 games at the end of the regular season where we could have a very fresh, very good running back.

Am I dreaming here?...

What do you guys think?
        In that case, it is a very good disguise.

Kidding aside, I think you have a valid point. I would call it more of a silver lining than a blessing in disguise.
        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

I think it is more of a set-back than a blessing. Now if the guy was in his second or third year than I could see your point but the fact that he's a rookie in an entirely new league/system...it's a set-back! Hopefully he will be able to contribute this year but I'm not convinced at all.

Players get better with repetitions.
          " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

To be honest, it could go either way. Like Diegobroncofan said, it could be a set back and players do get better with more reps. For all we know, he could be one of those runners that get better as the season goes along.

Or it could be a silver lining, him coming back with fresh legs just when we start to make a push for the playoffs.

Personally, I think we should keep an eye on RB's that will get cut or waived come Saturday. I like Young and Hall, but I do think they'll both need to be spelled more often this season.

I've said this before in another thread, but Keon Lattimore is really intriguing to me
            Co-founders of the

sigpic

Comment

If this theory was correct than BMarsh's suspension is a blessing in disguise. Just think, he'll come back with fresh legs starting after week 2 (week 1-I hope)! So, we should sit starting calibur players until the playoffs get near and then insert them to take advantage of their being fresh?

I know what you're insinuating but player development is extremely important for rookies and injuries only halt that development. In this case, I hope that I'm wrong!
              " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

I would have to say the only one's blessed by Torain's injury is the running back corps. Someone wont be cut, Someone else gets to start, and someone else gets to split time with the starter. Torain's injury gives our current backs some short term job security that his emergence would have affected.

Comment

Obviously by not placing him on IR, that is what the Broncos are thinking....who knows?

He could be just the piece we need down the stretch.

ATV, Baby!

Comment

Andre Hall so far has made him hard to miss. I said somewhere earlier that the only knocks I had on Hall were that he lacked leg strength and the ability to make guys miss at the second level. He proved me dead wrong on both accounts. If Torain can come back 100% around week 10, the running back situation could be nice for a playoff push.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      Andre Hall so far has made him hard to miss. I said somewhere earlier that the only knocks I had on Hall were that he lacked leg strength and the ability to make guys miss at the second level. He proved me dead wrong on both accounts. If Torain can come back 100% around week 10, the running back situation could be nice for a playoff push.
                      Yeah you're right.

Torain's loss was Andre Hall's rise.

Andre is showing us a lot to be excited about...and if he can do stuff like that huge run vs. Titans or that huge screen play gain vs. Chicago, he'll keep a firm hold of that #2 job...and he'll push Selvin to be better so that Hall doesn't pass him...so even if Torain comes back...he'll see a lot of short yardage and goal line situations, but that's about it unless (god forbid) Young or Hall goes down with an injury, then Torain will be a huge piece of our offense and will be relied upon to deliver

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Torrian's injury was not a blessing; it hurt. Stop fooling yourselves Hall nor Young are starting material on any other team. Yes, Hall looked good in pre- season and so did Young but it was only PRE-SEASON! They are great change of pace backs but nothing more. I don't know if Torrian is the answer, until he proves it on the field. I think everyone is hoping that he is but not getting excited about him either; has not played one NFL DOWN and already we are ready to make him the next greatest back in Denver. I'd rather wait until the kid hits the field and proves himself but no it is not a blessing that he got hurt. I think he will be needed; I really hope he is the answer!

Comment

Originally posted by bjohnson1969 View Post
                          Torrian's injury was not a blessing; it hurt. Stop fooling yourselves Hall nor Young are starting material on any other team. Yes, Hall looked good in pre- season and so did Young but it was only PRE-SEASON! They are great change of pace backs but nothing more. I don't know if Torrian is the answer, until he proves it on the field. I think everyone is hoping that he is but not getting excited about him either; has not played one NFL DOWN and already we are ready to make him the next greatest back in Denver. I'd rather wait until the kid hits the field and proves himself but no it is not a blessing that he got hurt. I think he will be needed; I really hope he is the answer!
                          shut up noob............

lol.

j/k that's the first time I've called someone a noob.

sigpic

Comment

You shut up; you clown!!

Comment

Originally posted by bjohnson1969 View Post
                              You shut up; you clown!!
                              You probably don't know how it works here...but when somebody says j/k it means just kidding...you probably didn't know that...stupid noob

j/k........got you again

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X