No announcement yet.

Torain injury blessing in disguise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torain said he is coming back week 6 vs. Jax. He also said it may even be earlier then that.

Comment

All i know is that if he is good as advertised by the coaching staff i would keep him on the shelf until its 100%.. Andre hall looks like a guy that is alwayswanting that one or two more yards. very encourageing. although i am not encouraged by his heigth no way is he 5'10
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by vastrei View Post
        Yes it seems ridiculous, and I'm sure some of you think I am out of my mind. However, there has to be a couple of you that are the same wavelength as me. Before I get to it though, if I could go back at any moment and take back Torain's injury I would.

Anyway though, if the reports were true that Torain was well on his way to becoming the #1 back that is great news. The fact that he got an injury is bad news. However, it was an upper body injury, therefore he can keep in shape while recovering.

Now, say for example (not sure on the exact timetable), he comes back week 10. 10 Games into the season, players start to feel the effects of the season. Having this guy come in completely fresh could be a HUGE boost to our running game. This is especially true in my opinion because of our already small backfield that we are afraid are going to wear down. Give him a couple of games to catch up to NFL Live games, and you have 3-4 games at the end of the regular season where we could have a very fresh, very good running back.

Am I dreaming here?...

What do you guys think?
        Torain's target for returning is week 7. Hopefully he can get 5 carries to see what he can do against a top notch defense against the Patsies. The bye week is after that game and hopefully during that time he can move into at least the #2 spot.

I wouldn't call his injury a blessing in disguise. There's a silver lining for the running back that gets to stay on the roster because of Torain's injury. If that back is Alridge, he gets a chance to showcase what he can do in hopes of sticking around in the NFL, if not with the Broncos. If it's Pittman, well, he gets his entire salary for the year because he's a veteran who will have been on a team's active roster at the start of the season. If it's Sapp, he will probably become a Texan like some of the other former Broncos.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong (but I am sure that I am right)....Torian is not elligable for the PUP list. I believe that you can only be on it for an injury that happened before camp. So that means either the Broncos have to cut him, IR him, or leave him on the 53 man roster. I think we all know that there is no way they are going to release him. I also dont see them wasting a spot on the 53 man roster to a guy that cant see the field for the first 6 or 7 games. So my money is that he is IRed, allowed to get healthy, and see what happens next year
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
            Correct me if I am wrong (but I am sure that I am right)....Torian is not elligable for the PUP list. I believe that you can only be on it for an injury that happened before camp. So that means either the Broncos have to cut him, IR him, or leave him on the 53 man roster. I think we all know that there is no way they are going to release him. I also dont see them wasting a spot on the 53 man roster to a guy that cant see the field for the first 6 or 7 games. So my money is that he is IRed, allowed to get healthy, and see what happens next year
            Wouldn't they have announced that then? I mean, what's the point of talking up his returning for week 6 (or 7) if they're just going to IR him?

Comment

Originally posted by TDavis2008 View Post
              Wouldn't they have announced that then? I mean, what's the point of talking up his returning for week 6 (or 7) if they're just going to IR him?
              well they have until cut down day to announce it.....What is the point of keeping an open roster spot for a rookie?
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                well they have until cut down day to announce it.....What is the point of keeping an open roster spot for a rookie?
                While I understand how off it seems that we'd save room for a rookie, its obvious there's something Shanahan really likes about him if he would talk him up in comparison to TD and having him push Young for the starting spot. I'm not saying that he's going to do great things or anything, but I suppose Shanahan's reason is that he see's something special in him. Might just be my opinion, but I think based on all the talk, hype, and reports, cutting Torain isn't anywhere on Shanahan's mind.

Comment

Working...
                X