X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canmore
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Gotta love the fact that in the last game, they specifically tried to get the ball to Marshall in a long bomb.

Why?

Not because it's fun to do that... (which it is)...

But because Brandon and Jay RECOGNIZED that they had single coverage.

It was excellent to see the recognition on both the 31 yard pass interference play and the 49 yard touchdown back to back that there was single coverage and they attacked it. Green Bay really left that corner on an island with no safety help. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Heres to a very productive Cutler to Marshall connection this year.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    That was a very encouraging article but it's only one person's opinion. The thing is, I believe most of us could sense how confident Cutler was this preseason. I know the third year for a quarterback is supposedly the "magical" year but it looks like that might really be the case for Jay.

As the author said, preseason or not, Cutler is doing all the things you look for in a top quarterback. And one thing that the Mannings (Peyton, that is) and Bradys of the world are really good at is not forcing the ball to their top receivers when they're not open; they spread the ball around. It seems to me that while Jay still has his favorite targets, most notably Marshall, he has not hesitated to look elsewhere when he sees double coverage or just to keep the defense guessing. And that's one big reason I think the offense will still be pretty good even without Marshall those first few games.

That being said, it sure will be nice when Brandon gets back and we have a full arsenal for Cutler to use.
    Gotta love the fact that in the last game, they specifically tried to get the ball to Marshall in a long bomb.

Why?

Not because it's fun to do that... (which it is)...

But because Brandon and Jay RECOGNIZED that they had single coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by SDSU#1 View Post
    Plays confident, calm, and collected to go with that intelligence and rocket arm. Good things to come from Jay.
    Don't you mean "laser rocket arm"?

I really think it's the confidence that is showing this year. He seems completely comfortable with what he's doing now. If the offensive line gives him time, I think he'll be deadly this year.

Leave a comment:

• in.the.game
    replied
    ... whatever

everybody knows cutler is good

i am VERY curious as to how the broncos are being projected so low...

i guess time will tell though

Leave a comment:

• SDSU#1
    replied
    Plays confident, calm, and collected to go with that intelligence and rocket arm. Good things to come from Jay.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    Jay will be a stud this year.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
    he's going to sneak under the radar this year...in the two live fantasy drafts i was in, i got him way late
    I only got him in 2 leagues. In one league went in the 4th, I was wicked mad. But I got him in my two other leagues, so Im pretty gassed about the potential for a 30+ TD season from him.

Leave a comment:

• rainmaker
    replied
    I can't wait to see the rollouts come back... only much less expected now that we don't HAVE to use it. They were deadly when the opponents knew they were coming but didn't know when... now they won't even know if it's coming.
    ooooh! good point. Get ready for some wicked big plays on the roll out this year.

Leave a comment:

• Cutmeister6
    replied
    Originally posted by vandyman53 View Post
    Exactly Kaylore. When I wore my #6 jersey to a 2006 Titan game a british chap from New York stopped me and was saying how the Broncos had stolen him.
    Titan fans want a mulligan on the 2006 draft, the man was plucked out of our backyard ! Now we have a turd trying to learn NFL QB101 in his third year!

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    That was a very encouraging article but it's only one person's opinion. The thing is, I believe most of us could sense how confident Cutler was this preseason. I know the third year for a quarterback is supposedly the "magical" year but it looks like that might really be the case for Jay.

As the author said, preseason or not, Cutler is doing all the things you look for in a top quarterback. And one thing that the Mannings (Peyton, that is) and Bradys of the world are really good at is not forcing the ball to their top receivers when they're not open; they spread the ball around. It seems to me that while Jay still has his favorite targets, most notably Marshall, he has not hesitated to look elsewhere when he sees double coverage or just to keep the defense guessing. And that's one big reason I think the offense will still be pretty good even without Marshall those first few games.

That being said, it sure will be nice when Brandon gets back and we have a full arsenal for Cutler to use.

Leave a comment:

• vandyman53
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    In fantasy maybe but more people are aware of Cutler nationally than you might think.
    Exactly Kaylore. When I wore my #6 jersey to a 2006 Titan game a british chap from New York stopped me and was saying how the Broncos had stolen him.

Leave a comment:

• RedRaptor
    replied
    I can't wait to see the rollouts come back... only much less expected now that we don't HAVE to use it. They were deadly when the opponents knew they were coming but didn't know when... now they won't even know if it's coming.
    Exactly...I remember Plummer being fairly affective with it, but the thing is teams expected it more and more because that was definitely what he was best-suited for. Now we've got a guy who is very dangerous with the deep ball and great in the pocket, but definitely has shown good scrambling abilities as well...wide-open playbook now!

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by TDavis2008 View Post
    I love the comments about being able to drop back in the pocket...I mean, we know Jay can scramble pretty well, but its been awhile since we've had both a line and quarterback suited for it...and I think this will help us open up the running game a bit more as well. We've got a lot of very good young talent, and while still unproven I really do have good feelings about Royal and Torain. I can't wait for the start of the season!

Leave a comment:

• rockreptile
    replied
    Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
    i realize that the experts know...but i live in the northeast and most people here hardly have a clue who he is yet
    even some of the the announcers on the cbs telecasts last year really didnt seem like they knew how good he is.

even my mom or dad said, they should've got Farve.... and i'm like "hahahhaha,,, NO. We have a Quarterback. and i proceed to point out that our issues were not at the quarterback position last year.

mom and dad are not bronco fans

Leave a comment:

• Apoc13
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    In fantasy maybe but more people are aware of Cutler nationally than you might think.
    i realize that the experts know...but i live in the northeast and most people here hardly have a clue who he is yet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X