Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Brandon Marshalls Suspension Reduced to One Game!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    sounds like you have experience in feeling little.... have a heart-to-heart talk with your girlfriend???
    Oh...I felt that cheap shot from here

NOT FUNNY!!

YES IT IS!!

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      Marshall came out of college with that nickname...and has embraced it in the NFL...maybe not like Pacman or Ocho Cinco, but he doesn't mind it.

I just want the comparison to stop between Marshall and Owens with physical, fast, athletic ability...and that's all
      Please show me where he has embraced? I say tolerated is probably more apt. It's a stupid nickname.

Anytime you have a nickname that includes "baby _____".. its a LAME nickname. "Baby TO" is the worst nickname I've heard in sports.
      Heh, I just saw your thread about "Baby Ravage". I'll have to go read it.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Has anyone heard any more details about why, or how this came about? What convinced Goodell, or was he just in a good mood?

Also, I want to give credit to BMarsh for playing the SD game WITHOUT PAY. Yes, 50,000 dollars might not mean that much considering how much he makes.
        To me, however, there is a symbolic gesture in the fact he won't be being paid. This game will be played for pride, not money.

Maybe I'm overstating it a bit, or grasping at straws, but I think he's got something major to prove, and SD is the chosen target for him to prove it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
          I believe having Rod Smith out there helped him tremendously. I'm not sure that without Smith, Marshall could've have done it on his own. Everyone in the NFL realizes what a great guy Rod Smith is, and I guess if they see he is backing Marshall up, then a promise for change will go through.
          There's no way Marshall would've had anything reduced had it not been for Rod Smith! Again Rod Smith saves the day and now he's retired!
          Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
            Has anyone heard any more details about why, or how this came about? What convinced Goodell, or was he just in a good mood?

Also, I want to give credit to BMarsh for playing the SD game WITHOUT PAY. Yes, 50,000 dollars might not mean that much considering how much he makes.
            To me, however, there is a symbolic gesture in the fact he won't be being paid. This game will be played for pride, not money.

Maybe I'm overstating it a bit, or grasping at straws, but I think he's got something major to prove, and SD is the chosen target for him to prove it on.
            There was a GB player that had his one game suspension reduced to simply a fine. That reduction set a precedent that Marshall's case fit into.

Thus his agent asked to have Marshall's case situation compared to the guy that was let off suspension completely.

Comment

Originally posted by antipas View Post
              There's no way Marshall would've had anything reduced had it not been for Rod Smith! Again Rod Smith saves the day and now he's retired!
              Rod wasn't with them at the appeal so I don't know that it had an effect. He was with them at the first meeting and Marshall was hit with the 3-game suspension with possible reduction to 2 but early reports had said it would be 4 - 8 games, so maybe Rod helped with that reduction.

Whatever the case, to Rod for going above and beyond...
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Anytime you have a nickname that includes "baby _____".. its a LAME nickname. "Baby TO" is the worst nickname I've heard in sports.

I know there've already been countless "Pick your nickname for Brandon Marshall" threads put out there...

but a new one just occurred to me, based on his on-the-field style of play, and overall work ethic.

How about... "Energizer" ?

He's proven lots of times to be very tough to bring down after the catch. Sort of like the Energy Bunny, he just keeps going, and going...

(Plus, IMHO, this'd be a pretty cool nickname. Original, and not lame like "Baby (somebody)". It's like he's got a battery inside him that never quits.)

sigpic
                They're your teammates, now.
                Best of luck, TT!
                ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk View Post
                  I know there've already been countless "Pick your nickname for Brandon Marshall" threads put out there...

but a new one just occurred to me, based on his on-the-field style of play, and overall work ethic.

He's proven lots of times to be very tough to bring down after the catch. Sort of like the Energy Bunny, he just keeps going, and going...

(Plus, IMHO, this'd be a pretty cool nickname. Original, and not lame like "Baby (somebody)". It's like he's got a battery inside him that never quits.)

Brandon "Energizer" Marshall?

Brandon "Baby T.O" Marshall?

How about just "B-Marsh"? lol
                  2010 Draft
                  1st Round- ILB: Rolando McClain (Alabama)
                  2nd Round- DE: Allen Bailey (Miami)
                  3rd Round- C: Stefen Wisniewski (Penn State)
                  4th Round- CB: Walter Thurmond (Oregon)
                  6th Round- KR/PR: Brandon Banks (KSU)
                  7th Round- RB: Stafon Johnson (USC)

FA Signings-
                  NT: Casey Hampton
                  OG: Logan Mankins

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk View Post

That makes me think of like a speedy third down back.
                    At least you came up with something, I can't think of JACK

Comment

• Originally posted by #13Yung Kartoon View Post
                      Brandon "Energizer" Marshall?

Brandon "Baby T.O" Marshall?

How about just "B-Marsh"? lol

I am still fine with that one, you can be sure.

...only implying that it contains no reference to his performance on the field.
                      sigpic
                      They're your teammates, now.
                      Best of luck, TT!
                      ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• He should be called gingerbread man.....he is hard to catch
                        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                        X