Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Brandon Marshalls Suspension Reduced to One Game!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of Lava
    replied
    He should be called gingerbread man.....he is hard to catch

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by #13Yung Kartoon View Post
    Brandon "Energizer" Marshall?

Brandon "Baby T.O" Marshall?

How about just "B-Marsh"? lol

I am still fine with that one, you can be sure.

...only implying that it contains no reference to his performance on the field.

Leave a comment:

• Wolverine83
    replied
    Originally posted by sbutk View Post
    I know there've already been countless "Pick your nickname for Brandon Marshall" threads put out there...

but a new one just occurred to me, based on his on-the-field style of play, and overall work ethic.

How about... "Energizer" ?

He's proven lots of times to be very tough to bring down after the catch. Sort of like the Energy Bunny, he just keeps going, and going...

(Plus, IMHO, this'd be a pretty cool nickname. Original, and not lame like "Baby (somebody)". It's like he's got a battery inside him that never quits.)

That makes me think of like a speedy third down back.
    At least you came up with something, I can't think of JACK

Leave a comment:

• #13Yung Kartoon
    replied
    Originally posted by sbutk View Post
    I know there've already been countless "Pick your nickname for Brandon Marshall" threads put out there...

but a new one just occurred to me, based on his on-the-field style of play, and overall work ethic.

He's proven lots of times to be very tough to bring down after the catch. Sort of like the Energy Bunny, he just keeps going, and going...

(Plus, IMHO, this'd be a pretty cool nickname. Original, and not lame like "Baby (somebody)". It's like he's got a battery inside him that never quits.)

Brandon "Energizer" Marshall?

Brandon "Baby T.O" Marshall?

How about just "B-Marsh"? lol

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Anytime you have a nickname that includes "baby _____".. its a LAME nickname. "Baby TO" is the worst nickname I've heard in sports.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by antipas View Post
    There's no way Marshall would've had anything reduced had it not been for Rod Smith! Again Rod Smith saves the day and now he's retired!
    Rod wasn't with them at the appeal so I don't know that it had an effect. He was with them at the first meeting and Marshall was hit with the 3-game suspension with possible reduction to 2 but early reports had said it would be 4 - 8 games, so maybe Rod helped with that reduction.

Whatever the case, to Rod for going above and beyond...

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    Has anyone heard any more details about why, or how this came about? What convinced Goodell, or was he just in a good mood?

Also, I want to give credit to BMarsh for playing the SD game WITHOUT PAY. Yes, 50,000 dollars might not mean that much considering how much he makes.
    To me, however, there is a symbolic gesture in the fact he won't be being paid. This game will be played for pride, not money.

Maybe I'm overstating it a bit, or grasping at straws, but I think he's got something major to prove, and SD is the chosen target for him to prove it on.
    There was a GB player that had his one game suspension reduced to simply a fine. That reduction set a precedent that Marshall's case fit into.

Thus his agent asked to have Marshall's case situation compared to the guy that was let off suspension completely.

Leave a comment:

• antipas
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
    I believe having Rod Smith out there helped him tremendously. I'm not sure that without Smith, Marshall could've have done it on his own. Everyone in the NFL realizes what a great guy Rod Smith is, and I guess if they see he is backing Marshall up, then a promise for change will go through.
    There's no way Marshall would've had anything reduced had it not been for Rod Smith! Again Rod Smith saves the day and now he's retired!

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Hyde
    replied
    Has anyone heard any more details about why, or how this came about? What convinced Goodell, or was he just in a good mood?

Also, I want to give credit to BMarsh for playing the SD game WITHOUT PAY. Yes, 50,000 dollars might not mean that much considering how much he makes.
    To me, however, there is a symbolic gesture in the fact he won't be being paid. This game will be played for pride, not money.

Maybe I'm overstating it a bit, or grasping at straws, but I think he's got something major to prove, and SD is the chosen target for him to prove it on.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Marshall came out of college with that nickname...and has embraced it in the NFL...maybe not like Pacman or Ocho Cinco, but he doesn't mind it.

I just want the comparison to stop between Marshall and Owens with physical, fast, athletic ability...and that's all
    Please show me where he has embraced? I say tolerated is probably more apt. It's a stupid nickname.

Anytime you have a nickname that includes "baby _____".. its a LAME nickname. "Baby TO" is the worst nickname I've heard in sports.
    Heh, I just saw your thread about "Baby Ravage". I'll have to go read it.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    sounds like you have experience in feeling little.... have a heart-to-heart talk with your girlfriend???
    Oh...I felt that cheap shot from here

NOT FUNNY!!

YES IT IS!!

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Back-on-topic.

I'm THRILLED with this new news. WHERE is the "FINSFAN".. or whatever his nickname is.... that was saying he didn't see a way Marshall would get less than the full THREE game suspension???

Helllooooooooooooooooooo?? Where ARE you?????

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    It deprives you of your manhood.
    I know if people said I was a baby version of some player, I'd be like
    "mother effer, don't call me an effing baby again!!!it hurts my feelings and makes me feel little"
    sounds like you have experience in feeling little.... have a heart-to-heart talk with your girlfriend???

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    It deprives you of your manhood.
    I know if people said I was a baby version of some player, I'd be like
    "mother effer, don't call me an effing baby again!!!it hurts my feelings and makes me feel little"

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I can 'almost' (and I mean really really almost) see it when a player is in college. They are comparing a person to a great NFL player...... he's a 'miniature' version of the GREAT player. But once that same player makes it to the NFL..... then you MUST take that 'baby' from the nick name. No NFL player wants to be called the 'baby version' of another NFL player.

Ugh... its just stupid every time I see it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X