Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Little and Randy Gradishar snubbed again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Little and Randy Gradishar snubbed again!

My apologies if this has already been posted. Exactly how long do we have to wait to see Little and Gradishar in the Hall?

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_10320184?source=rss

If only the bronzed-bust room of Canton were like horseshoes, Floyd Little and Randy Gradishar might have felt better about the Pro Football Hall of Fame senior committee vote Wednesday.

As Hall of Fame candidates, Little and Gradishar may be getting closer to Canton, as both were among the 15 finalists considered for nomination by the seniors committee. But like so many other times before, the Broncos greats were snubbed in the end.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame seniors committee nominated former Dallas Cowboys receiver Bob Hayes and Atlanta Falcons defensive end Claude Humphrey to be among the 17 finalists submitted for election on Jan. 31, 2009, the eve of Super Bowl XLIII.

The senior committee confirmed that Little, the Broncos' star running back from 1967-75, and Gradishar, middle linebacker of the Orange Crush defense in the 1970s, were among the 15 senior candidates up for discussion this year.
    That was hardly consolation for Gradishar, who wasn't ready to comment when first told of the news Wednesday, and Little, the Broncos' first superstar who retired as the NFL's seventh-leading rusher. The six ahead of him are all in the Hall of Fame.

"I'm very disappointed," said Little, who received an e-mail Wednesday from Hall of Famer Ken Houston expressing his disbelief. "I feel like I just got run over by a truck. Of all the 30 years I've been out of the game, I thought this was my best shot. I don't get it."

Since 1994, 17 of the 20 senior committee nominees have gone on to receive the necessary 80 percent of the vote from the Hall's Board of Selectors. The three who didn't get past the final election were Jerry Kramer in 1997, Hayes in 2004 and Marshall Goldberg last year.

Little understands the nomination for Humphrey, who would become the first Falcon enshrined. A five-time All Pro, Humphrey had 122 career sacks.

But Hayes, whose post-career drug problem landed him in prison for 10 months, would become the 11th Cowboy if he gets through the final election. The Broncos have just two Hall of Famers: John Elway and Gary Zimmerman, who played seven of his 12 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.

Very disappointing, but hardly suprising. After all they are Broncos and we all know what that means as far as Canton is concerned.
    sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Wait...

Denver didn't get their players in Canton?!?!?!?

Just shows how much the HoF love the Broncos!:thumb:
      Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

Creator of the smiley

Comment

just because the cowboys have a crapload of players in the hof doesn't mean no more cowboys should be inducted...if you belong, you belong

but it would be nice if a couple broncos could find their way in...we'll be saying the same thing about rod smith in 20 years

Comment

They both belong in the HOF, but since the Broncos lost those three Super Bowls, they are having a hard time getting in. (That's my opinion anyways)
          sigpic
          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Just a random question...but does the NFL have any regulations as to removing someone from the HoF? I was just randomly thinking of the OJ Simspon trials and was wondering if, had he been found guilty, if they would have removed him from the HoF.

Comment

For anybody that is interested here is a very rare Floyd Little Game-Worn Jersey from the late 60's.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=45059

I'd kill to have this but no way the price doesn't explode as the auction nears.

Comment

Working...
              X