Spencer Larsen for MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spencer Larsen for MLB

Last night proved that he has the fire and enthusiasm you want in the middle of the defense. His knock coming out of Arizona was that he lacked speed to be an all-around playmaker (aka in coverage), but he definately has another gear during the game.

What are the chances of him making the team?

I can definately see #46 stealing the spot from Webster in mid-season.

After that game, he doesn't get cut. He might be sent to the PS though. He was hitting the QB every play it seemed.
    sigpic
    Sig by Blondie79

Comment

i say we keep him.......I see way more upside to him than Koutovides......I would much rather see him second on the depth chart and starter by seasons end if he gets the rookie kinks out.

I know it's probably not going to happen, but I can dream.
      sigpic

Comment

He did seem kinda behind on some plays towards the start of his playing time (anyone remember that play where the card was going full-speed and in the perfect spot behind the defense and dropped it? That was Larson in coverage I believe.)

but he turned out really well. I hope he makes the team, there are sure as hell other people that i would much rather have off
        Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Comment

I think Niko is going to stay behind Webster until Web has a bad game and then he overtakes him. Larsen is looking at backup duty, but we have enough quality depth at LB for him to make the team because of his upside.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
            Last night proved that he has the fire and enthusiasm you want in the middle of the defense. His knock coming out of Arizona was that he lacked speed to be an all-around playmaker (aka in coverage), but he definately has another gear during the game.

What are the chances of him making the team?

I can definately see #46 stealing the spot from Webster in mid-season.
            I didn't really think he was that impressive. While he had some nice plays, he also had some plays that would have given up a lot of yards if they were against better players. The play where he tried to get in front of the receiver and tip the ball and the receiver just dropped it comes to mind. So does the play where Woodyard caused a fumble also comes to mind cuz Larsen just miffed the tackle before Woodyard got there.

Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for Larsen, especially being from AZ and watching him in college, but I think he is PS material.
            Last edited by sdinner10; 08-30-2008, 09:23 AM. Reason: I suck at grammar
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
              Mormon's like Larsen never give up.
              I guess that makes him a good football player!
              Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-o-Lantern View Post
                i say we keep him.......I see way more upside to him than Koutovides......I would much rather see him second on the depth chart and starter by seasons end if he gets the rookie kinks out.

I know it's probably not going to happen, but I can dream.
                Sounds good to me!
                Haze gray and underway!

Comment

WE should keep him but not as a starter, if so have Larsen and Woodyard compete for the MLB spot against Webster... They are better then Webster.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
                    WE should keep him but not as a starter, if so have Larsen and Woodyard compete for the MLB spot against Webster... They are better then Webster.
                    Well, we keep Larsen and Woodyard and drop Webster! I guess I'm haten' on Nate!
                    Haze gray and underway!

Comment

We have to place players on the PS that wont get chickenhawked by other teams. Larson is one of those types of players. Although I I've been pulling for him to make the team, it became overly evident that he is too slow and bad in coverage. That being said, he was more than solid playing the run and blitzing (I think better than Niko). Putting him on the PS allows us to keep other players (like Alridge) active who have no chance of making it to the PS. I don't thing he played good enough to be snached by another team.

Comment

I think we keep Larsen as he can play FB, LB, and is good on special teams.

I would like our LB's on the roster to be

DJ Williams
                        Nate Webster
                        Boss Baily
                        Niko Koutovides
                        Wesley Woodyard
                        Spencer Larsen
                        Louis Green

Very young, fast, with tons of upside, all the backups would be excellent on special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanders76 View Post
                          We have to place players on the PS that wont get chickenhawked by other teams. Larson is one of those types of players. Although I I've been pulling for him to make the team, it became overly evident that he is too slow and bad in coverage.
                          Well, he did miss a large chunk of TC. That's got to be a factor in that.
                          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by sdinner10 View Post
                            I didn't really think he was that impressive. While he had some nice plays, he also had some plays that would have given up a lot of yards if they were against better players. The play where he tried to get in front of the receiver and tip the ball and the receiver just dropped it comes to mind. So does the play where Woodyard caused a fumble also comes to mind cuz Larsen just miffed the tackle before Woodyard got there.

Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for Larsen, especially being from AZ and watching him in college, but I think he is PS material.
                            That's dumb, he applied pressure to the QB like had always been and pressured him right into Woodyard, the QB pretty much had a choice between being sacked by Larsen head on or by Woodyard.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by Zanders76 View Post
                              We have to place players on the PS that wont get chickenhawked by other teams. Larson is one of those types of players. Although I I've been pulling for him to make the team, it became overly evident that he is too slow and bad in coverage. That being said, he was more than solid playing the run and blitzing (I think better than Niko). Putting him on the PS allows us to keep other players (like Alridge) active who have no chance of making it to the PS. I don't thing he played good enough to be snached by another team.
                              Larsen wasn't that bad in coverage. He messed up on the dropped pass but he is a rookie, he will make those kind of mistakes. Anyways, right after the drop he came right back to dive infront of a receiver to deflect the pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X